• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Anybody got scoop on Knowshon or Champ?

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shaun Phillips agrees to a 2-year deal worth a max of $6 million with the Titans.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shaun Phillips agrees to a 2-year deal worth a max of $6 million with the Titans.

So, unless Denver drafts a pass rusher, we have Miller, Ware, Jackson, Wolfe, Q. Smith in this role, with additional interior help from Williams and Knighton. That has a lot of potential (although would have been nice to keep Phillips.)

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Knowshon just signed a 1 year deal with the Dolphins.

Garbage. This has to be the biggest head scratcher of the offseason so far :wtf2:

I don't care if he wasn't one of Elway's guys or not. We're not deep at RB by any stretch of the imagination, and to let him walk off to another team on a one year deal is just stupid IMO. Especially after the year he just gave us.

BroncoInCALI

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the subject of pass rush.....I am quickly becoming a Malik Jackson fan.

That looks to be a very nice late round pick.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garbage. This has to be the biggest head scratcher of the offseason so far :wtf2:

I don't care if he wasn't one of Elway's guys or not. We're not deep at RB by any stretch of the imagination, and to let him walk off to another team on a one year deal is just stupid IMO. Especially after the year he just gave us.

We have a decent stable of RB, and the draft coming up. Fact is, with the exception of this season, Moreno has been very inconsistent. The fact all he could get was this one year "prove it" deal suggests Elway isn't alone in his assessment of Moreno.

HOF-ELWAY-7

Speed Kills
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think that's a bit harsh. It's obvious that the Broncos want to give Ball a chance. He is a better big play threat than Moreno but the same kind of back. I disagree that Moreno gave us the kind of year they always wanted. While he had a good year he has not lived up to the 12th pick in the draft. It isn't his fault he was drafted in that spot, but you are expected to produce like the 12th pick and KM never reached that level of performance. He was solid but not a star and certainly not a superstar. I like KM but he simply was not a priority. IMO the Broncos need to use their remaining FA resources on the O-Line. Personally I'm fine with them letting him walk even for a 1 year 3 mil deal.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that's a bit harsh. It's obvious that the Broncos want to give Ball a chance. He is a better big play threat than Moreno but the same kind of back. I disagree that Moreno gave us the kind of year they always wanted. While he had a good year he has not lived up to the 12th pick in the draft. It isn't his fault he was drafted in that spot, but you are expected to produce like the 12th pick and KM never reached that level of performance. He was solid but not a star and certainly not a superstar. I like KM but he simply was not a priority. IMO the Broncos need to use their remaining FA resources on the O-Line. Personally I'm fine with them letting him walk even for a 1 year 3 mil deal.

Have to agree with that asessment. The one thing that Ball will have to show that Moreno was pretty good at was pass pro and 1st and 4 yd gains ( huge) and also tough short ydge gains. There was a reason Moreno was used more inside the 10,etc. I do however have great faith in Ball to achieve this and more,especially how he seemed to have let the game slow down for him ( normal) and was seeing holes much better and with quick decision. I am looking forward to what Ball.CJ and prob a draft pk will do. OG is also a must in draft whether its for starting possibility or depth when they figure out who,what and where for the current guys. Have a feeling Denver might still look to FA in that dept also. Gettin closer to draft!!! Should/will be very interesting to say the least.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You are also talking about $3 million in cap though that could be used next year towards a player that plays a bigger role. Ball was already showing he is the better running back by the end of the season so it doesn't make sense to pay that much for a back up running back

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yikes. Guess I'll just have to agree to disagree with you guys on this one.

I just didn't see Knowshon as expendable as alot of you feel he was, and I personally don't think Ball has shown enough to instill 100% confidence him going into next year as a full time back. Now, I will totally agree that he did improve as the season progressed, but at no point (IMO) was he the better of the two RB's. Even the games where Knowshon didn't have alot of yards on the ground, he'd make up for it by catching 6-7 balls for 60 yards. I know Ball is just coming off his first year, but I just don't see the same type of versatility in him. Not to mention the pass protection aspect, in which Knowshon excelled.

Oh well.....so if life. I guess over the past few years I've just kind of been waiting for Knowshon to break out, and now that he did I'm just surprised to see him go. Hopefully Ball can continue to develop and, if nothing else, this should open up more opportunity for Anderson.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yikes. Guess I'll just have to agree to disagree with you guys on this one.

I just didn't see Knowshon as expendable as alot of you feel he was, and I personally don't think Ball has shown enough to instill 100% confidence him going into next year as a full time back. Now, I will totally agree that he did improve as the season progressed, but at no point (IMO) was he the better of the two RB's. Even the games where Knowshon didn't have alot of yards on the ground, he'd make up for it by catching 6-7 balls for 60 yards. I know Ball is just coming off his first year, but I just don't see the same type of versatility in him. Not to mention the pass protection aspect, in which Knowshon excelled.

Oh well.....so if life. I guess over the past few years I've just kind of been waiting for Knowshon to break out, and now that he did I'm just surprised to see him go. Hopefully Ball can continue to develop and, if nothing else, this should open up more opportunity for Anderson.

I think the fact it took so long for Knowshon to "break out" should tell you something. What last season tells me is that either A) Moreno took full advantage of Peyton Manning leading the offense, or B) He had his "career year" in a contract year and had little chance of repeating it. I truly believe that long term, Ball will be the better running back for the Broncos. I think you're going to see Ball break out in his SECOND season, instead of taking 4-5 seasons to do so. Near the end of the season, I started to see what Elway saw in this kid, and I'm excited! Added bonus: Ball got "rested" while he was learning the system. All that wear and tear he had in college is going to be a much lesser factor from hear on out.

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the fact it took so long for Knowshon to "break out" should tell you something. What last season tells me is that either A) Moreno took full advantage of Peyton Manning leading the offense, or B) He had his "career year" in a contract year and had little chance of repeating it. I truly believe that long term, Ball will be the better running back for the Broncos. I think you're going to see Ball break out in his SECOND season, instead of taking 4-5 seasons to do so. Near the end of the season, I started to see what Elway saw in this kid, and I'm excited! Added bonus: Ball got "rested" while he was learning the system. All that wear and tear he had in college is going to be a much lesser factor from hear on out.

So very, very true. He could've been going balls out just for the coin :nod:

I think I've been so desparate for Knowshon to shut up all his critics that after one good year he turned me into a homer :lol:

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I've been so desparate for Knowshon to shut up all his critics that after one good year he turned me into a homer
lol2.gif

I was kind of in the same boat. I think he caught an unfair share of criticism because he was picked too high by McD. I was hoping he would come out and be very productive. After watching what happened to him in 2012 I started to figure his days were numbered. He fumbled once and rode the bench most of the year. McGahee fumbles many times and he kept getting do-overs.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know the Dolphins had been talked about, but I really haven't seen anything else.

God, 5 years ago a 1500 yard, 10+ TD back would have top dollar thrown at him. Now these dudes can barely get jobs.

Moreno has never rushed for 1500 yds. He barely broke a 1000 yds rushing last year (1038) for the first time in his career. He was considered a 1st round bust leading up to last year. I do like the approach Miami took with Moreno though, not overpaying him b/c of having 1 decent year.

Last edited by a moderator:

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think Ball will be much better than Moreno. Broncos should not drop off at the RB position at all......

Miked383

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there is a good reason that Moreno really only had 1 team looking into him. He is an average, safe back. He doesn't turn the ball over and will get you exactly the yardage that the play is blocked for. He rarely breaks tackles and rarely break big runs. Toward the end of the year Montee was a much more efficient runner, I don't think Knowshon is a big loss unless other backs catch fumbleitis.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moreno has never rushed for 1500 yds. He barely broke a 1000 yds rushing last year (1038) for the first time in his career. He was considered a 1st round bust leading up to last year. I do like the approach Miami took with Moreno though, not overpaying him b/c of having 1 decent year.

He was referring to the fact Moreno had over 1600 TOTAL yards. He didn't claim they were rushing only yards.....

Miked383

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I predict that if healthy all year Ball will be a top 3 fantasy RB.

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was referring to the fact Moreno had over 1600 TOTAL yards. He didn't claim they were rushing only yards.....

Word. Thanks for actually comprehending what I wrote Walker.

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was kind of surprised on that actually. I was thinking that if DMac got a 1 year $4 million deal, Knowshon would surely get something better. I was wrong.