• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Anybody got scoop on Knowshon or Champ?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think without the foot injury Champ would have been fine this past season. Honestly he should have sat the season out with that kind of injury but it just goes to show his toughness in wanting to play through something like that. I wouldn't mind us bringing him back on a deal where it is a low Cap Number with a lot of incentives and let him be that 3rd or 4th Corner on the team. He deserves to be on a Super Bowl contending team and get one last chance at getting his ring.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well according to PFF in 2012 Champ was a top 10 Corner in this league. So to say he has done nothing the last 2 years is hogwash...that's right I said hogwash.

Way to preserve that Street Cred.....:lol:

I'm just messing w/ you.....:suds:

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Way to preserve that Street Cred.....:lol:

I'm just messing w/ you.....:suds:

"Hogwash" preserving the street cred? Must be Main Street, lol. You know, the one with the traffic light?

:lol:

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well according to PFF in 2012 Champ was a top 10 Corner in this league. So to say he has done nothing the last 2 years is hogwash...that's right I said hogwash.

I'll see your hogwash and raise you some malarkey :D

BroncoInCALI

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is a bunch of BOULDERDASH to wiz on Champ's legacy..........

He deserves more respect than to trash him on the way out the door. Was last season brutal? Yes, for the most part.

But, I wouldn't mind seeing him brought back as a 4th/5th corner at the right price. Heck, 85% of Champ is probably better than 100% of Omar Bolden.

At the very least, if the market is that dry on him.....bring him back as a Special Assistant to the Defensive Back Coach.

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He deserves more respect than to trash him on the way out the door. Was last season brutal? Yes, for the most part.

But, I wouldn't mind seeing him brought back as a 4th/5th corner at the right price. Heck, 85% of Champ is probably better than 100% of Omar Bolden.

At the very least, if the market is that dry on him.....bring him back as a Special Assistant to the Defensive Back Coach.

If that guy is on our roster opening day I'm renouncing my fandom :doh:

BobGnarly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

HOF-ELWAY-7

Speed Kills
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup BG, Moreno will be in Miami today.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have liked to see Moreno back in Denver but it looks like its time for Hillman and C.J. Anderson to step up and help Ball out and possibly get a RB in the draft.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree witht this post but will Champs ego allow him to take less money and not get as much playing time? If so that would be great.

BroncoInCALI

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree witht this post but will Champs ego allow him to take less money and not get as much playing time? If so that would be great.

Depends on which is stronger....his ego or his hunger for a ring.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see the Broncos using a late round pick on a Running Back. This draft has some decent ones at the top but some late round guys that with a little time could develop into a nice 1-2 punch with Ball. Kapri Bibbs of Colorado State would be worth taking a look at. He reminds me of MJD or Ray Rice in being a smaller back in height but having some good power with decent speed.

Terrance West is another guy I wouldn't mind the Broncos giving a hard look at. Played for a small school but can't argue with his production...Broke just about every rushing record possible with 2500 yards and 42 touchdowns.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see the Broncos using a late round pick on a Running Back. This draft has some decent ones at the top but some late round guys that with a little time could develop into a nice 1-2 punch with Ball. Kapri Bibbs of Colorado State would be worth taking a look at. He reminds me of MJD or Ray Rice in being a smaller back in height but having some good power with decent speed.

Terrance West is another guy I wouldn't mind the Broncos giving a hard look at. Played for a small school but can't argue with his production...Broke just about every rushing record possible with 2500 yards and 42 touchdowns.

Got to watch Bibbs a few times and your comparisons are pretty spot on. Stays low to the ground and never stops moving those legs. Looks to be pretty durable and never seems to get gassed either. Never saw West play but he sure had 2 great yrs at Towson and at 5`11 223 has good size. Unlimited potential they say. My thoughts are like most, that Denver does go rb somewhere around 5-7 or might have an eye on guy they think might slide under radar and go undrafted. Either way, like some of said, I think it would be smart to get some rb insurance for sure.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumor has it the broncos are considering re-signing Knowshon Moreno, per a Rotoworld tweet. I guess it depends if anyone else chases after him.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumor has it the broncos are considering re-signing Knowshon Moreno, per a Rotoworld tweet. I guess it depends if anyone else chases after him.

Well, I did read that he left Miami without a contract. I would say that the tea leaves are pointing to a possible return to the Broncos.

MH64

DownSetHutch

d-_-b
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see the Broncos taking a RB as high as the third round. We need to upgrade the talent there. We do have potential with our RBs, but nobody is a proven stud year in and year out. Moreno could become that player if he stays, but his health and FA status right now are big question marks.

BroncoInCALI

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tre Mason leaving Potholes In Mile High would work for me......lol

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see the Broncos taking a RB as high as the third round.

If they took a RB in the third I might get sick. We have way too many holes to spend a third or fourth on yet another RB. I don't know how one can worry about the RB situation without being worried about CB. I think Fox and Elway are happy with Ball carrying the workload and I think CJ Anderson can help with the load. I do not know where Hilman resides in the mix. If he can pull a Moreno and work his way out of the dog house he will have a place.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they took a RB in the third I might get sick. We have way too many holes to spend a third or fourth on yet another RB. I don't know how one can worry about the RB situation without being worried about CB. I think Fox and Elway are happy with Ball carrying the workload and I think CJ Anderson can help with the load. I do not know where Hilman resides in the mix. If he can pull a Moreno and work his way out of the dog house he will have a place.

I fail to see how there's a definite "glaring" need at cornerback. Aqib Talib opposite Chris Harris seems to be a pretty good combo, and then there's Webster (who's still developing) that showed some promise. And then some depth with Tony Carter. At RB, there's Ball, Anderson, and Hillman. So, really there isn't a pressing need at either position. I'd say if there's any pressing needs, it's at linebacker for defense, and OL depth on offense (I'd include a FB in this too, although I know there are a couple who disagree. Personally, I'd like to have an offense capable of gaining more than 20 yards on the ground against tough defenses, and at least one former Bronco agrees).

I'd rather take BPA with a third round pick. If it's a RB, great, if it's a CB, great! If it's a center, so be it. Denver has reached a point where they don't HAVE to draft to needs anymore. And that's a good thing!

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would agree that we need a stronger running game but that has as much to do with Gase and Manning as it does with Ball/Anderson/Hilman. We place an extra emphasis on passing for obvious reasons. I would probably look at upgrading the O-line before RB.

As for CB, we have Talib, who has struggled to stay healthy for an entire season. I think he has done it once. We have Chris Harris, coming back from a torn ACL. We have Webster, who may progress, I think he has shown some talent. And we have Carter, who gets beat like a drum against quality opponents. Are you telling me you are confident in those 4 stay healthy all year long and not getting worked over by the better receivers we are likely to see in the playoffs? Many said we needed a CB going into FA; we traded DRC for Talib. Net result is that a CB would still be needed.

I am not saying it has to be a first pick but I think it should be very high on the priority list. Even if we can assume the pass rush is much better I think we could use a some more talent in the defensive backfield. Especially considering we like the nickel and I don't want to see Omar Bolden coming out to cover people again.