• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

any chance we try and get Flowers?

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we could use all the help we could get in the secondary. He seems to be a playmaker. We dont have anyone in the secondary that can make plays

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no chance unless he is going to play for a bag of chips and a soda

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol i posted this on the steelers board last night, and ive already seen the lions linked..........everyones gonna want him

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol i posted this on the steelers board last night, and ive already seen the lions linked..........everyones gonna want him

Lions cut their best Cb yesterday (due to a toe injury) So that would make sense for them

Flowers lost his starting role last year and became the 3rd corner for the Chiefs ...... Voted into the probowl was a joke

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont disagree, but hes talented and can help any team

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are a lot of players that could have helped the Cowboys if they had any money

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Football is turning into too much of a business IMO. This guy was a Pro Bowler last year. Now according to some, he had a down year last year . The same people that had him having a rough year last year though came back and said he was in the top 5 Cbs over the last 5 yrs. Supposedly he is not a good fit for KC's scheme. Well Carr and Mo arent exactly the best zone guys either , so we are adapting supposedly. What happened to just being a good football player??

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Football is turning into too much of a business IMO. This guy was a Pro Bowler last year. Now according to some, he had a down year last year . The same people that had him having a rough year last year though came back and said he was in the top 5 Cbs over the last 5 yrs. Supposedly he is not a good fit for KC's scheme. Well Carr and Mo arent exactly the best zone guys either , so we are adapting supposedly. What happened to just being a good football player??

Some guys are "good football players"

But more often than not Cbs are usually system players. Either good at man coverage or zone coverage. Not both.
Same can be said for O-lineman. Rare do you find a player that plays on a Steelers Line for example that would be a great player in the zone because one uses brute force and the zone requires more speed and mobility

The probowl part ..... we ALL know the probowl is a popularity contest not just the best player at the position

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some guys are "good football players"

But more often than not Cbs are usually system players. Either good at man coverage or zone coverage. Not both.
Same can be said for O-lineman. Rare do you find a player that plays on a Steelers Line for example that would be a great player in the zone because one uses brute force and the zone requires more speed and mobility

The probowl part ..... we ALL know the probowl is a popularity contest not just the best player at the position

I agree. I guess football is just evolving like everything else. Like you said about the Olinemen. Denver use to have the smaller, quicker guys. OCs have their own ideas and they believe in it just like DCs I guess.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree. Everyone has strengths and weaknesses, but good players can be used in most schemes. Sure there are some players that do need to be in a certain scheme, but not most. One thing Wade did (unlike Parcells) was use his players strengths. If you are good enough you will find a spot in most schemes if you buy in. Sometimes you may just need a little teaching, but the skills will come through. The biggest problem with our defense last year was no talent. Every corner in the league would have struggled to some extent with no pass rush and disgusting safety play.

Hatchers problem has always been opportunity. When healthy he was always good enough for more PT and was better than Spears from day one.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am more or less talking about specialization. Like baseball- lefty vs lefty matchups. The Giants- football- use to put in their "nascar package" on 3rd downs to rush the QB. OCs are counteracting somewhat by going no huddle to keep certain defenses on the field. I know this has gone on for yrs but it just seems more prevalent now.

You like the Yankees in baseball jarntt. Robinson is now the closer. If he is good enough to be the closer now, why wasnt he good enough to throw the full 7th a yr ago, instead of mixing and matching. I mean who said Boone Logan was better option than Robinson vs Ortiz two years ago.

I know Im off tangent with baseball now. It just seems sports are relying too much on numbers instead of talent.

Last edited by a moderator:

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
talent & health go hand and hand in this league. Very few can match a high level year after year and the ones that do are special.