• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Antonio Smith is a dick

BritishDolfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
http://deadspin.com/antonio-smith-tore-off-richie-incognitos-helmet-swung-1168840363

Main thing aside from Smith's dickishness, how the fuck did the official not see this happen? He was right there. Smith needs to be suspended for a long time. Per the SI article on this, they seem to be comparing it to the infamous Haynseworth stomping thing, which got him a 5 game suspension. This should be equal to that at the very least imho.

J-Rod

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was beyond dirty. He literally tried to knock his head off. I'd be surprised if they don't suspend him at all.

BobGnarly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What an asshole. Good job refs, the integrity of this league and it's "rules" are a joke

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 game suspension regular season, probably rest of preseason as well.

My bold prediction.

TexasMan

mfw reading SportsHoopla
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Him and Incognito have a past, most recently last year Ritchie trying to twist his ankle on purpose. It's not like Antonio just randomly attacked another player.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
History or not...that was messed up.

BritishDolfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Him and Incognito have a past, most recently last year Ritchie trying to twist his ankle on purpose. It's not like Antonio just randomly attacked another player.

That's not really an excuse. I know Rithcie has a (somewhat deserved) reputation as a dirty player, but that doesn't entitle other players to behave the same to him.

SomeGuy

Christian Conservative
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 game suspension regular season, probably rest of preseason as well.

My bold prediction.
Should MAKE him play preseason, then suspend for 4 regular games.

KillaWatt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep. Thats why I laughed when phins fans were calling Hopkins dirty.
They have incognito and they want to call us dirty..? Yeah OK.

No excuse for what Smith did,but incognito is a dick.

catchbluefish

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smith needs to be fined for a bush league move, but that is pretty minor compared to what is going to turn out to be a much more significant issue for the dolphins, keller going out for the year.

That injury is pretty disturbing on a lot of levels. One it really hurts the dolphins chances for being competitive this year. The second reason is that it resulted from a low hit from Swearinger that, while it is legal, is unofficially pretty much a no no among NFL players because of the potential for injury that it can cause.

The other really disturbing thing is that Swearinger claims he went low because he was concerned if he went high he would have gotten flagged. I don't think that is being taken very well by other nfl players but the other disturbing thing about it is that, if swearinger is being honest, you could say the nfl is trading the potential of concussion injuries for acl injuries . Less liability?

BritishDolfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smith needs to be fined for a bush league move, but that is pretty minor compared to what is going to turn out to be a much more significant issue for the dolphins, keller going out for the year.

That injury is pretty disturbing on a lot of levels. One it really hurts the dolphins chances for being competitive this year. The second reason is that it resulted from a low hit from Swearinger that, while it is legal, is unofficially pretty much a no no among NFL players because of the potential for injury that it can cause.

The other really disturbing thing is that Swearinger claims he went low because he was concerned if he went high he would have gotten flagged. I don't think that is being taken very well by other nfl players but the other disturbing thing about it is that, if swearinger is being honest, you could say the nfl is trading the potential of concussion injuries for acl injuries . Less liability?

Well, ACL injuries don't cause brain damage, so probably less liability, yeah. It does seem like a somewhat lame excuse though, and it could certainly be abused as an excuse.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess the moral of the story is to be uncoordinated enough to make sure you do not actually connect with your swing.

KillaWatt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BritishDolfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said. I dont agree with what Smith did.
But incogniti is known for pulling shit. And there is plenty of evidence to support that.
He tried to twist Smiths ankle in the pile as well as JJ Watts. Thats dirty shit.

Yes it is, but 1) that doesn't make it any more right for Smith to do this, and 2) it shouldn't factor into the suspension.

Nyfan1980

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Richi Incognito is one of the dirtiest, scummiest players in the league though.

KillaWatt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes it is, but 1) that doesn't make it any more right for Smith to do this, and 2) it shouldn't factor into the suspension.

If incognito wasnt such a dirty player we wouldnt even be discussing this.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Irrelevant. If he brings a knife on the field and stabs someone and you somehow let him back in the league (a stretch but whatever), there is still nowhere near the grounds to take off his helmet and swing at his head with it.