• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Antonio Brown?

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can say what you want, I'm just telling you what is being reported. Nobody has even come close to offering a 1st.
Where did u see reports that only a 2 or 3 is the most well get? Legit curious

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brown for a 2nd would make me think. I assumed the bidding would start with a first and there's absolutely no interest there. Even for a 2nd, when you combine the antics, salary, and glaring needs at other positions, I would be hesitant.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to this article and breakdown of the cap and money involved, when all is said and done, cutting ties with Sanders would free up 9mil in cap space, and Brown would be a 15mil cap hit .. A difference of 6 million ..

So in essence, having Brown replace Sanders in the lineup would take up 6 million more than it would cost to keep Sanders ( not including the draft picks required to get him )

That is not all that bad

Thus, if the Broncos have to pay $1.2M to Sanders as an injury settlement, that counts toward the cap. Assuming that, the Broncos only gain $9.05M in cap space ( for moving on from Sanders )

Brown's cap hit of more than $15M thus takes up more cap space than is gained by moving on from Sanders.

Breaking down the cap hit Antonio Brown would incur in Denver

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I think about it, the more trading for Brown seems like a very Elway thing to do ..

While it wasn;t a trade, when Elway acquired Talib, we had been in negotiations with DRC who had been a good CB here .. If I remember correctly, Cromartie balked at an offer or made mention of what he was looking for, and Elway dropped him, got Talib, and the rest is history ..

It was a big, attention getting signing and a statement that we would do whatever it took to get to the next level .. We'd gone to a SB with DRC, but that wasn't enough ..

Sanders has not the problem with the offense, but, with him, we've done nothing for three years .. Going after Brown would be Elway saying that this is going to get better and he's going everything possible to insure that ... And in the process, we are grabbing back some headlines from the two AFC West teams that are currently making a SB, not to mention all the press and attention the Raiders will have or the start of the 2019 season with all the draft picks ...

Manning, Talib, Ware, Welker - these were all big, flashy moves that not only made the team better, but put into everyone's head that the Denver Broncos will not be an afterthought in the AFC West ..

Ian Rapport mentioned that Brown would command a 2nd round pick ..

We used a 2nd round pick on Cody Latimer

Not only would I like to see it, I think getting Brown has Elway written all over it

One huge problem. Brown would not want to come here with Keenum. our for that matter a QB truly not established in our not even Established in a new system. We don't have a OC. No WR is coming to Denver with the mess we got right now.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One huge problem. Brown would not want to come here with Keenum. our for that matter a QB truly not established in our not even Established in a new system. We don't have a OC. No WR is coming to Denver with the mess we got right now.

I think Crash makes a good point. Diva wide receivers like AB always want to know who will be throwing them the football and the Broncos situation is just not good.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Crash makes a good point. Diva wide receivers like AB always want to know who will be throwing them the football and the Broncos situation is just not good.

Unless Pittsburgh decides to take his wishes into account he has no say in where he is traded. I think he has proven when unhappy he can a detrimental part of a team.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless Pittsburgh decides to take his wishes into account he has no say in where he is traded. I think he has proven when unhappy he can a detrimental part of a team.

Yes and perhaps my bias is showing, as I don't want AB in Denver. I think the Broncos would at least like to ensure that he would be happy here, prior to giving up a king's ransom for him. The last thing anyone needs is an unhappy Antonio Brown.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AB has a special talent, but the character - prima donna - part is concerning. On the other hand - among WRs - Randy Moss and Terrell Owens are a couple of guys who succeeded on almost every team they got on.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AB has another issue that would concern me and that is he is not the biggest guy. He success is based on speed and quickness, much like Sanders. If he loses a step or two he is not near the WR he is today. Not saying he about to fall off the cliff but he may only be 1 play away from not being overly effective in the future.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AB has another issue that would concern me and that is he is not the biggest guy. He success is based on speed and quickness, much like Sanders. If he loses a step or two he is not near the WR he is today. Not saying he about to fall off the cliff but he may only be 1 play away from not being overly effective in the future.

I tell that to Springstein - he is always just one post away from falling off a cliff.

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather keep Sanders than get Brown.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Color me the same. Not a fan of him in the orange and blue.

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pre achillies, I'd agree.

He may never again be the lightning rod on Offense that he has been in the past, but he's likely to continue to be a valuable weapon based on skill alone even as his physical abilities deteriorate with age and cumulative injury.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it’s other than a first, I would be listening. He’s one of, if not the best wr in the game.