• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Antonio Brown?

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I think about it, the more trading for Brown seems like a very Elway thing to do ..

While it wasn;t a trade, when Elway acquired Talib, we had been in negotiations with DRC who had been a good CB here .. If I remember correctly, Cromartie balked at an offer or made mention of what he was looking for, and Elway dropped him, got Talib, and the rest is history ..

It was a big, attention getting signing and a statement that we would do whatever it took to get to the next level .. We'd gone to a SB with DRC, but that wasn't enough ..

Sanders has not the problem with the offense, but, with him, we've done nothing for three years .. Going after Brown would be Elway saying that this is going to get better and he's going everything possible to insure that ... And in the process, we are grabbing back some headlines from the two AFC West teams that are currently making a SB, not to mention all the press and attention the Raiders will have or the start of the 2019 season with all the draft picks ...

Manning, Talib, Ware, Welker - these were all big, flashy moves that not only made the team better, but put into everyone's head that the Denver Broncos will not be an afterthought in the AFC West ..

Ian Rapport mentioned that Brown would command a 2nd round pick ..

We used a 2nd round pick on Cody Latimer

Not only would I like to see it, I think getting Brown has Elway written all over it

carson

Death by inches
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,018.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i do, ands a top 3 wr. How many of those are there? since it was easy

also tell me some elite or top end "easy" wr finds
You're clearly getting way carried away with my statement. I said "really talented" and here you are, adding "elite" and "top 3" into the mix.

Look around the league. Plenty of top-end targets that weren't drafted in the first couple rounds. Brown, E-Sanders, Diggs, Thielen, Baldwin, Keenan Allen, Tyreek...to name a few

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're clearly getting way carried away with my statement. I said "really talented" and here you are, adding "elite" and "top 3" into the mix.

Look around the league. Plenty of top-end targets that weren't drafted in the first couple rounds. Brown, E-Sanders, Diggs, Thielen, Baldwin, Keenan Allen, Tyreek...to name a few
agree, but thats 7, and baldwin is not top end.....

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I think about it, the more trading for Brown seems like a very Elway thing to do ..

While it wasn;t a trade, when Elway acquired Talib, we had been in negotiations with DRC who had been a good CB here .. If I remember correctly, Cromartie balked at an offer or made mention of what he was looking for, and Elway dropped him, got Talib, and the rest is history ..

It was a big, attention getting signing and a statement that we would do whatever it took to get to the next level .. We'd gone to a SB with DRC, but that wasn't enough ..

Sanders has not the problem with the offense, but, with him, we've done nothing for three years .. Going after Brown would be Elway saying that this is going to get better and he's going everything possible to insure that ... And in the process, we are grabbing back some headlines from the two AFC West teams that are currently making a SB, not to mention all the press and attention the Raiders will have or the start of the 2019 season with all the draft picks ...

Manning, Talib, Ware, Welker - these were all big, flashy moves that not only made the team better, but put into everyone's head that the Denver Broncos will not be an afterthought in the AFC West ..

Ian Rapport mentioned that Brown would command a 2nd round pick ..

We used a 2nd round pick on Cody Latimer

Not only would I like to see it, I think getting Brown has Elway written all over it

Great Post Lucas

My view is different IF we were SB ready I'd be more into this idea. I think we aren't there yet. We might even eat Keenums cap hit this offseason.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When healthy, Baldwin is legit. He's made a couple of Pro Bowls and caught a ton of TDs in his career.
hes aging. but realistically all positions have alot of guys that are good not taken in the first round. Its still not easy to find upper echelon wr's

carson

Death by inches
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,018.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hes aging. but realistically all positions have alot of guys that are good not taken in the first round. Its still not easy to find upper echelon wr's
Denver is one of many teams that don't need a top 5 WR to win.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver is one of many teams that don't need a top 5 WR to win.
im not trying to argue with you. Especially with keenum you need some talent around him, so you would need a definitive increase in your wr core, and at tight end.....one would think..

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im not trying to argue with you. Especially with keenum you need some talent around him, so you would need a definitive increase in your wr core, and at tight end.....one would think..

We need talented TEs that can stay healthy. I think we have a pretty talented WR core, but they are really young, especially if Sanders is released as many believe. If Sanders is released we really could use a veteran WR to lead the group.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not with the price tag Steeler fans are talking about. My only interest is if they are desperate enough to trade him for pennies on the dollar. His contract cost and being on the wrong side of 30 isn’t attractive here.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not with the price tag Steeler fans are talking about. My only interest is if they are desperate enough to trade him for pennies on the dollar. His contract cost and being on the wrong side of 30 isn’t attractive here.
Realistically he’s a first pick and he’s yours

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Broncos are truly trying for Antonio Brown (instead of say - Blowing smoke) - they better go out and get a Joe Flacco like arm to throw it downfield - and an oline who can pass protect.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LGM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Realistically he’s a first pick and he’s yours

Realistically a 2nd and 3rd would be the most you'll get for him, his contract, and his attitude.

LGM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Broncos are truly trying for Antonio Brown (instead of say - Blowing smoke) - they better go out and get a Joe Flacco like arm to throw it downfield - and an oline who can pass protect.

Case doesn't have any problems downfield, in fact he's fairly accurate. Though the argument can be made that his WR's bail him out a lot on jump balls. His problem is that we didn't set up the passing game with play action, which he's really good at, nor did we roll him out, which again is a strength of his.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol.. So what point are you trying to make, or are you just moving the goal posts?
Not moving any goal posts. I believe ur guy was changing tunes. My point is top end talent is not easy to find

LGM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3