• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Antonio Brown Trade?

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JuJu Smith already surpassed him as a #1 mind-way through the season. Not really missing out on much. Strike while his value is still peak.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fb3f2d1e814190100a4ae401b1660d5b.gif

But you could make almost any team fit for Brown with the right IF, so I don't think that was the most important part of what I said but okay!

Not sure how we got here, but let me circle back. You posted a destination that you felt would be a good trade partner with PIT for AB. A lot of it does fit, except that's not how NE typically does business...paying top $ to WR.

In other words, a good fit that's not really feasible....without that IF.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JuJu Smith already surpassed him as a #1 mind-way through the season. Not really missing out on much. Strike while his value is still peak.

I mean he is arguably the best WR in the league so they no doubt are going to miss him a lot and it will show. As great as Juju was he was also playing alongside Brown, lets see how he would do getting double-teamed bc you don't have ABrown on the other side. All that being said, they do have that luxury to trade him and like you said while he has peak value, this would be the time to pull a deal.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how we got here, but let me circle back. You posted a destination that you felt would be a good trade partner with PIT for AB. A lot of it does fit, except that's not how NE typically does business...paying top $ to WR.

In other words, a good fit that's not really feasible....without that IF.

Yeah I just don't see NE giving picks and big $ to Brown (assuming he wants an extension). There are teams that would give a lot more (more desperate) and pay him BIG $$.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I just don't see NE giving picks and big $ to Brown (assuming he wants an extension). There are teams that would give a lot more (more desperate) and pay him BIG $$.
Exactly.

If AB had been waived and passed waivers...I can see NE in the mix, but trading AND taking on his existing contract...I don't see NE in the mix.

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly.

If AB had been waived and passed waivers...I can see NE in the mix, but trading AND taking on his existing contract...I don't see NE in the mix.

Well put - both are mutually exclusive.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You seriously don't have interest in a top 5 all-time WR?

Very debatable as to whether he's top 5 all time, but whatever....

….No...I do not want a 30 year old receiver who is in it for himself and himself alone. I do not want his presence in a lockerroom of mostly younger players, and spread his toxicity. If the Niners go after vets, I want leadership first and foremost. Brown is obviously part of the reason why the Steelers' players have put up huge individual numbers, and is equally part of the reason why they haven't really sniffed a chance at a Super Bowl.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most likely not...when you start down the path of restructuring contracts, you're hitching your wagon to that player with the extended guaranteed money.

Totally agree with you and what @dbldwn711 stated. What will most likely happen is this whole issues is "resolved" internally. Put "resolved" in quotes because it really won't be and this mess Tomlin and the FO created will fester on.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
49ers and Bills should probably be on the phone just to test the waters. The cap hits the Steelers would have to take as of right now would be prohibitive.

Definite no. I want to see the 49ers use their available cap space on free agent defensive players

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OHHH the unpleasant trickledown of not paying Leveon Bell.

We said this would happen.

Complete vindication for the Bell supporters. Steelers failed to reach the playoffs and are sitting on top of a mess with an aging QB, deranged head coach, and bleeding talent.
This is such a stupid
Post. Uneducated and ignorant

Rosie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do Steelers fans want to see Brown leave?

Isn't the cap hit making it basically impossible to trade him anywhere?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

….No...I do not want a 30 year old receiver who is in it for himself and himself alone. I do not want his presence in a lockerroom of mostly younger players, and spread his toxicity. If the Niners go after vets, I want leadership first and foremost. Brown is obviously part of the reason why the Steelers' players have put up huge individual numbers, and is equally part of the reason why they haven't really sniffed a chance at a Super Bowl.

idk put in the right situation with the right head coach...a very good team needing a veteran WR and leadership you definitely pull the deal to take that next step. Whether you believe it or not he still provides leadership and experience for younger players. He still has AT LEAST 3-4 more prime or close to prime years so his age isn't a factor, especially since he hasn't be injured much, he's durable.

Him dominating has nothing to do with the Steelers not sniffing the SB. He makes a huge difference but it's still a team game

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What teams with very high paid wrs win super bowls

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He honestly could be the GOAT. I would take him over Moss, personally. Just not quite Rice.

Alright, though

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What teams with very high paid wrs win super bowls

ATL was minutes away from winning one and it certainly was no fault of Julio's that they didn't. Wasn't Demaryius paid well in 2015?

Yeah, not a whole lot.