• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Antonio Brown Trade?

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OHHH the unpleasant trickledown of not paying Leveon Bell.

We said this would happen.

Complete vindication for the Bell supporters. Steelers failed to reach the playoffs and are sitting on top of a mess with an aging QB, deranged head coach, and bleeding talent.

Rosie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fee like if they could afford him, the Pats would be a good home. Can't see that ever happening but I feel like they are always giving chances to troubled players.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OHHH the unpleasant trickledown of not paying Leveon Bell.

We said this would happen.

Complete vindication for the Bell supporters. Steelers failed to reach the playoffs and are sitting on top of a mess with an aging QB, deranged head coach, and bleeding talent.

Not quite...add they want to see Bell with his $100 mil contract.

Truth be told...a smart GM would've trade Bell two seasons ago for DB help, and this year, get rid of Brown for a 1st rounder.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not quite...add they want to see Bell with his $100 mil contract.

Truth be told...a smart GM would've trade Bell two seasons ago for DB help, and this year, get rid of Brown for a 1st rounder.

And a smart GM that couldn't pull that off would have paid the man and not caused this mess. Because the consequences here were predictable and obvious.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fee like if they could afford him, the Pats would be a good home. Can't see that ever happening but I feel like they are always giving chances to troubled players.
They also tried to get a real number one with Gordon. Makes sense.

Gronk is a shell.
Edelman will be 33.
No goto WR there.
Brady only a few more goes at best.

Good fit and worth it to them. Also finishes of the Steelers as any sort of AFC threat for the rest of Brady/Belichick run.

Good thinking, Rosie.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And a smart GM that couldn't pull that off would have paid the man and not caused this mess. Because the consequences here were predictable and obvious.

Bell not getting paid was the cause of this mess?

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
at this point, i'm not sure this team will ever be able to get back to championship-level football due to the poor culture there until they clean house and get a new personality.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They also tried to get a real number one with Gordon. Makes sense.

Gronk is a shell.
Edelman will be 33.
No goto WR there.
Brady only a few more goes at best.

Good fit and worth it to them. Also finishes of the Steelers as any sort of AFC threat for the rest of Brady/Belichick run.

Good thinking, Rosie.

Yep...except AB does not fit the NE MO...they will pay for elite DEF talent, (especially secondary), but aside from Gronk and Brady himself, the rest of the skill position OFC players are $5 mil per or less.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bell not getting paid was the cause of this mess?
Yup. Directly. Brown was one of the ones supporting him originally, before keeping quite about it and waiting to leave.

You will be replaced by the Browns now, of all franchises. It really is an epic tale. I did not originally realize just how willing the Steelers were to push themselves towards that fate.

Rosie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep...except AB does not fit the NE MO...they will pay for elite DEF talent, (especially secondary), but aside from Gronk and Brady himself, the rest of the skill position OFC players are $5 mil per or less.

That's why I said, "if" they could afford him. For Brady's last season or two or however many he's planning, it would be smart to give him a beast WR. It would also be smart for Brown to accept a little bit less money, and Pats to pay a little more money than usual and get a sweet spot in the middle with incentive to up his salary after the departure of Brady. That gives Brown a real shot at a superbowl, and then a chance to get his money and work with a new young QB who may actually listen to him.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. Directly. Brown was one of the ones supporting him originally, before keeping quite about it and waiting to leave.

You will be replaced by the Browns now, of all franchises. It really is an epic tale. I did not originally realize just how willing the Steelers were to push themselves towards that fate.

Not buying...AB is on record with 2 other such outbursts in PIT...before any issues with Bell surfaced. He's a prima donna at this point....very good, but also high maintenance player.

CLE...yeah, not quite yet, but I do see the day coming when PIT is looking up to CLE in the standings.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why I said, "if" they could afford him. For Brady's last season or two or however many he's planning, it would be smart to give him a beast WR. It would also be smart for Brown to accept a little bit less money, and Pats to pay a little more money than usual and get a sweet spot in the middle with incentive to up his salary after the departure of Brady. That gives Brown a real shot at a superbowl, and then a chance to get his money and work with a new young QB who may actually listen to him.

"IF"...Well, we can make a case for half a dz other teams on that premise.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not buying...AB is on record with 2 other such outbursts in PIT...before any issues with Bell surfaced. He's a prima donna at this point....very good, but also high maintenance player.

CLE...yeah, not quite yet, but I do see the day coming when PIT is looking up to CLE in the standings.
Well the Bell snubbing is the one that released the flood. The other two were weathered.

Rosie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"IF"...Well, we can make a case for half a dz other teams on that premise.

Glad you focused on a two letter word out of everything I said. The If wasn't the point, the fit of the Pats was.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the Bell snubbing is the one that released the flood. The other two were weathered.

AB is about AB...not Bell, or Bell's contract....If you recall, Brown was one of the locker room voices talking about Bell needing to get into camp.

I think Tomlin and Colbert are the sole reasons for the mess that is the Pittsburg Steelers right now.

Tomlin laid the ground work by not applying real discipline when these issues happened in the past. Sweeping it under the rug came back to bite him.

Colbert...chasing a RB when you have shit for a secondary made no sense in '17, even less '18. Bell should've been traded when his demands were 1st known. Afraid to make a bold move.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad you focused on a two letter word out of everything I said. The If wasn't the point, the fit of the Pats was.

Because it's the word that mattered the most imo....I'm not saying your NE fit isn't a good one, but yes, that two letter word can make him a fit a several more places.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What did they pay Randy Moss?

The offense is bare. Only quick way to fix is to pay. They know.

Rosie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because it's the word that mattered the most imo....I'm not saying your NE fit isn't a good one, but yes, that two letter word can make him a fit a several more places.

fb3f2d1e814190100a4ae401b1660d5b.gif

But you could make almost any team fit for Brown with the right IF, so I don't think that was the most important part of what I said but okay!