• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Antonio Brown to the ..........................

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No team should ever sign him again
No team will ever sign him again. Anybody that thinks otherwise is out of touch with reality.

If this was prime of his career AB, and if he had done this to another team or another HC or another QB than somebody ,might give him another chance.

But he was already the third best WR on his own team. I get that there are many teams (definitely including my own) where he would be #1 WR, but at best he's like the 20-30th best WR in the league. You bend the rules a bit for Randy Moss. When TO was acting up but a top 5 WR he got away with some of the dumb shit. Once he fell out of that top tier of elite players, let his ass sit at home and do sit ups in his driveway. Other teams have to know they'll have to deal with dumb shit if they sign him, and he's just not worth it anymore.

Second he did this shit to the defending Superbowl champions who were at that point still in the thick of the hunt for first round bye as the top team in the league. Other teams wish they could be in this situation. Maybe 5-6 others are near that same level AND can reasonably expect to be there next year. Even that wasn't enough to stop him, but how much worse would he be on a team that had other issues. How ugly would things be if he was on a team with nothing to play for?

Third, Bruce Ariens wears a Kangol and calls everyone brother. He's about as player friendly of a coach as this NFL has seen in years or is reasonably likely to see in the future. If AB can't play for him, he probably can't play for anyone. And putting him on a team and making a coach deal with him until he gets kicked off or sent home is just counter productive to building a team. There is zero expectation that it goes any other way though.

Finally, he was playing with Tom Brady and had a personal relationship with him. And he still talked shit about the G.O.A.T. on his way out the door.

I get gambling on Randy Moss back in the day. Small risk big reward. Same with Josh Gordon, worst that happens is he buys a bag of weed and forgets to show up to the game and you're out the 500k or whatever you signed him for. AB isn't a huge reward anymore he had 40 some catches for 500 some yards on the season. And he's not a small risk, actually there's a small risk that he tears your whole team apart. But he himself almost doesn't count as a risk anymore, because you know he's gonna fuck shit up. Guaranteed. Signing AB and at best you're taking a massive monumental risk in order to get a tiny miniscule reward. At worst and imo more likely you would just be intentionally sabotaging your own team. From a team building standpoint, from a cost-benefit analysis, or just from a win at all costs standpoint; AB no longer has any appeal to any team in any situation.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To the moon, give him sone police

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of those facilities where they dope you up so you sit in a chair like a drooling idiot? If you skip the meds they put you in a straight jacket kind of place?
That sounds like total recall gone bad

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,371.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cards need AJ green to step up like he did last week and be the deep threat Hopkins was.

Ertz is a perfectly fine TE and Kirk is no slouch as a receiver. They just don't have the depth at WR.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cards need AJ green to step up like he did last week and be the deep threat Hopkins was.

Ertz is a perfectly fine TE and Kirk is no slouch as a receiver. They just don't have the depth at WR.
Ajs knees and attitude only allow him
To try on maybe 50% of the snaps

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,371.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ajs knees and attitude only allow him
To try on maybe 50% of the snaps
I get that but it's important since he can stretch the field.....without that they are doing a lot of dink and dunk stuff.

I'm not saying Green is the player he was in his prime but he can still bring it.

He has had receptions of 42, 33, 27, 36, 31, 41, 34, 41, 36, 29, and 42. And even if he doesn't get a lot of catches him just being out there forces the defense to respect him.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that but it's important since he can stretch the field.....without that they are doing a lot of dink and dunk stuff.

I'm not saying Green is the player he was in his prime but he can still bring it.

He has had receptions of 42, 33, 27, 36, 31, 41, 34, 41, 36, 29, and 42. And even if he doesn't get a lot of catches him just being out there forces the defense to respect him.
Agreed. But when he doesnt actualky run part of the time its tough to respect it. They dont have a true alpha field stretching wr, but they do have field stretching speed wr’s, that they choose not to use that way.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No team will ever sign him again. Anybody that thinks otherwise is out of touch with reality.

If this was prime of his career AB, and if he had done this to another team or another HC or another QB than somebody ,might give him another chance.

But he was already the third best WR on his own team. I get that there are many teams (definitely including my own) where he would be #1 WR, but at best he's like the 20-30th best WR in the league. You bend the rules a bit for Randy Moss. When TO was acting up but a top 5 WR he got away with some of the dumb shit. Once he fell out of that top tier of elite players, let his ass sit at home and do sit ups in his driveway. Other teams have to know they'll have to deal with dumb shit if they sign him, and he's just not worth it anymore.

Second he did this shit to the defending Superbowl champions who were at that point still in the thick of the hunt for first round bye as the top team in the league. Other teams wish they could be in this situation. Maybe 5-6 others are near that same level AND can reasonably expect to be there next year. Even that wasn't enough to stop him, but how much worse would he be on a team that had other issues. How ugly would things be if he was on a team with nothing to play for?

Third, Bruce Ariens wears a Kangol and calls everyone brother. He's about as player friendly of a coach as this NFL has seen in years or is reasonably likely to see in the future. If AB can't play for him, he probably can't play for anyone. And putting him on a team and making a coach deal with him until he gets kicked off or sent home is just counter productive to building a team. There is zero expectation that it goes any other way though.

Finally, he was playing with Tom Brady and had a personal relationship with him. And he still talked shit about the G.O.A.T. on his way out the door.

I get gambling on Randy Moss back in the day. Small risk big reward. Same with Josh Gordon, worst that happens is he buys a bag of weed and forgets to show up to the game and you're out the 500k or whatever you signed him for. AB isn't a huge reward anymore he had 40 some catches for 500 some yards on the season. And he's not a small risk, actually there's a small risk that he tears your whole team apart. But he himself almost doesn't count as a risk anymore, because you know he's gonna fuck shit up. Guaranteed. Signing AB and at best you're taking a massive monumental risk in order to get a tiny miniscule reward. At worst and imo more likely you would just be intentionally sabotaging your own team. From a team building standpoint, from a cost-benefit analysis, or just from a win at all costs standpoint; AB no longer has any appeal to any team in any situation.
I need to relook at his stats. But i think i respectfully Disagree. When hes been on the field, hes been the 3-4-5th option and still producing quite nicely. Hes had a
Myriad of injuries and crap and been in and out the lineup. But when healthy, he still puts up top notch numbers.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To review nobody wanted to touch Antonio Brown. He was out of league until Tom Brady lobbied to get him on the Bucs. The same Tom Brady who allowed AB to live with him, the same Tom Brady who made sure he got his bonus last year by feeding him short passes.

Now Antonio Brown is throwing Tom Brady under the bus. What a complete ass this guy is. Can't wait to see his tweets begging for forgiveness in the months to follow.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously any team willing to take on this type of distraction deserves everything they get. I don't see it but then again I didn't think he would be back before TB rolled the dice. Was his production there really worth all of this? Averaged 43 catches and 4 TDs in those 2 years. Not worth it.

In fairness, he missed a lot of time or his numbers would be a lot better.

And he also helped them win a Super Bowl.

So I am going with yes. It was worth it for the Bucs despite how it ended.

Their mistake was I’m not cutting ties after the vaccine incident.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AB's attorney call his release a surprise.

No Mr. Attorney a surprise would have been him NOT being released.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AB's attorney call his release a surprise.

No Mr. Attorney a surprise would have been him NOT being released.
And his attorney will get another surprise when AB doesn't pay him