• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Antonio Brown Accused of Three Separate Incidents of Sexual Assault and r*pe

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Antonio Brown's camp knew lawsuit was coming, but here's the reported reason why they didn't tell the Patriots

Antonio Brown's camp knew lawsuit was coming, but here's the reported reason why they didn't tell the Patriots

According to NFL.com, the team was blindsided by the news, which came out just hours after the Patriots announced that Brown had joined the roster.

In the lawsuit, Brown is accused of sexually assaulting a female acquaintance, Britney Taylor, on three separate occasions between June 2017 and May 2018. Although Brown's legal team has admitted that the two had a sexual relationship, his camp maintains that everything was consensual between Brown and Taylor.

The Patriots are rarely blindsided by anything, which led some to wonder how they ended up signing Brown without knowing that he had such a lawsuit hanging over his head. As it turns out, Brown's camp knew for months that the lawsuit was coming, but they didn't tell the Patriots (or the Raiders, Brown's previous team) because they apparently made an agreement with Taylor's camp not to talk about the case.

According to ESPN.com, the two sides had been engaged in discussions about the case over the past few months with the understanding that all conversations would remain confidential. If Brown's camp had revealed to the Patriots that a lawsuit was coming, that would have been a breach of the agreement. According to ESPN, it's not clear what the two sides were discussing in these confidential meetings, but it's possible they had initial talks about making some sort of settlement, talks that presumably went nowhere since Taylor ended up filing the lawsuit.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how you came to any conclusion even remotely close to this. If you want to troll me you have to try harder. But let me break this down for you.

1. From what I read all they have at this time is some he said she said and AB admitting he jacked off on her back . While creepy enough is not r*pe.

2. A step dad that that was not to much of a role model making claims at age 12 he knew AB was trouble.

3. As I said I am not a fan of the Pats signing him, does he make the team a bigger threat to win it all? Yes! Was it done solely for that purpose and not to help him straighten up? Yes! Do I think AB is a complete ass? Yes! Do I personally feel AB is capable of these actions? Yes. Does any of that matter? No! Allegations are not proof of guilt, so until he is proven guilty IMO he should be viewed as innocent it's the premise of our legal system.

All valid.

In the end, innuendo and inappropriate texting is not enough for the exempt list.

If it was the league would be fucked.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how you came to any conclusion even remotely close to this. If you want to troll me you have to try harder. But let me break this down for you.

1. From what I read all they have at this time is some he said she said and AB admitting he jacked off on her back . While creepy enough is not r*pe.

2. A step dad that that was not to much of a role model making claims at age 12 he knew AB was trouble.

3. As I said I am not a fan of the Pats signing him, does he make the team a bigger threat to win it all? Yes! Was it done solely for that purpose and not to help him straighten up? Yes! Do I think AB is a complete ass? Yes! Do I personally feel AB is capable of these actions? Yes. Does any of that matter? No! Allegations are not proof of guilt, so until he is proven guilty IMO he should be viewed as innocent it's the premise of our legal system.

First, let me say I agree with everything you said here.

Just strange you feel so many posters try to troll you?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OMG, could you imagine if this nut case pretends to jerk off on the goal post after a TD?
I think heads would explode all across the Country...
Don't give him any ideas.

I hope for his sake and the sake of the Pats, if he scores a TD that he pulls a Barry Sanders and just hands the ball to the official.

I hate the majority of these celebrations. Especially the choreographed ones. Like that stupid shit the Hawks players did.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is
All valid.

In the end, innuendo and inappropriate texting is not enough for the exempt list.

If it was the league would be fucked.
This isn't exactly true it was reported that the NFL needs to speak to both parties first before any decision is made which is understandable. If AB says yes those texts were from me then he will most likely be exempted until its all straightened out. Her wedding bought him a week but it may go sideways next week once she talks to them. Who knows she may have more solid evidence that verifies this. You can't drop your junk on a lady when she's sleeping that doesn't mean that she's okay'd it...

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless it is a heinous transgression, I can’t see why teams should entertain these frivolous accusations. If it is not some horrendous crime, team should be the one to decide whether or not a player is punished. NFL is not a court to be judging such stuff.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:scratch:
Well this is a new point of view. usually you hear because he isnt white he is fucked.

only white guys r*pe?
Like the duke lacrosse team. Read it instead of scratching your fucking noggin.

The black rapists in new york were freed as part of de blasio's political campaign.

Roethlisberger banged a chick at a nightclub and missed 6 games for it. Brown nothing.

Looks like you've missed the last two decades. FYI, it's 2019 now.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't give him any ideas.

I hope for his sake and the sake of the Pats, if he scores a TD that he pulls a Barry Sanders and just hands the ball to the official.

I hate the majority of these celebrations. Especially the choreographed ones. Like that stupid shit the Hawks players did.
A mature AB would do just that, so I suspect not. I always loved that. Witten did it last week. The ref actually looked surprised by it and didn't know what to do with the ball when he handed it to him.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
boom

Antonio Brown won't be placed on commissioner's list and will be eligible to play for Patriots

The NFL decided against placing Brown on the commissioner's exempt list because no criminal charges have been filed in the case, a person with knowledge of the situation told USA TODAY Sports.
This is 100% the right call IMO. I tend to believe AB did a lot wrong here and think there is enough out there to infer he did. But you just cannot start punishing players until you more than suspect they did something wrong.

I am all for punishing abusers and am absolutely not one to cling to this stupid theory that every woman who comes out accusing someone rich of something is a gold digger or crazy or bitter, but you just can't start punishing guys before you know because you brand them for life and sometimes falsely so it's just not fair. If he indeed did something and they gather more evidence then there is plenty of time to act in the future and punish him and do so in a less rushed way. This is a serious matter and should be handled as such.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like the duke lacrosse team. Read it instead of scratching your fucking noggin.

The black rapists in new york were freed as part of de blasio's political campaign.

Roethlisberger banged a chick at a nightclub and missed 6 games for it. Brown nothing.

Looks like you've missed the last two decades. FYI, it's 2019 now.

Just a minor bit of difference. All of your examples were criminal charges. Brown's is a money grabbing civil suit. There's a huge liability for the NFL if Goodell sits him. Brown would have an open road to sue the NFL for $1T for falsely publicly charging him and humiliating him if the woman is found to be falsely trying to extort him.

Best thing to do is just let it go until it goes to court or just goes away.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless it is a heinous transgression, I can’t see why teams should entertain these frivolous accusations. If it is not some horrendous crime, team should be the one to decide whether or not a player is punished. NFL is not a court to be judging such stuff.
Assuming you picked your words purposely, your problem here IMO is you don't know if it is a frivolous accusation or not. At least not right now.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A mature AB would do just that, so I suspect not. I always loved that. Witten did it last week. The ref actually looked surprised by it and didn't know what to do with the ball when he handed it to him.

Maybe he surprises us all:hope:
I wonder what kind of odds you could get on that in Vegas?

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Assuming you picked your words purposely, your problem here IMO is you don't know if it is a frivolous accusation or not. At least not right now.
Probably a poor choice of words. What I mean is that it seems unlikely the the “victim” was hurt in any way. Why not go the police when it happened? To accuse now, when AB is in the spotlight, looks weak and made up. But you are right, we need to let this play out to know for sure.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a minor bit of difference. All of your examples were criminal charges. Brown's is a money grabbing civil suit. There's a huge liability for the NFL if Goodell sits him. Brown would have an open road to sue the NFL for $1T for falsely publicly charging him and humiliating him if the woman is found to be falsely trying to extort him.

Best thing to do is just let it go until it goes to court or just goes away.
Well you're right about that.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Patriots are rarely blindside by anything, which led some to wonder how they ended up signing Brown without knowing that he had a lawsuit hanging over his head. As it turns out, Brown's camp knew for months that the lawsuit was coming, but they didn't tell the Patriots (or the Raiders) because they apparently made an agreement with Taylor's camp not to talk about the case.

According to ESPN.com, the two sides had been engaged in discussions about the case over the past few months with the understanding that all conversations would remain confidential. If Brown's camp had revealed to the Patriots that a lawsuit was coming, that would have been a breach of the agreement. According to ESPN, it's not clear what the two sides were discussing in these confidential meetings, but it's possible they had initial talks about making some sort of settlement, talks that presumably went nowhere since Taylor ended up filing the lawsuit.
The Patriots are always on top of things..well, except for Craft who was underneath that Korean massage chick...

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the rules say Goodell can r*pe him, but they don't say he has to like it.

Who gives a fuck what Antonio Brown likes? I hope he is forced to quit the game because he is a complete piece of shit.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
69876393_1292921324217243_3881672003379265536_n.jpg

eat a D, NFL

So Gizelle is next and Tom is gonna watch?