• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Angels And Cards Swap Peter Bourjos & David Freese

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently, you haven't seen Salas pitch lately.

Bourjos will not platoon with Jay, he will replace Jay. And if someone has the balls to say that Freese will have a break-out year with the Angels, I can say the same about Bourjos in STL. The missing part is Randal Gruchik also coming to STL. A 22 yr old outfielder who hit 22 homers in AA last year. Mo made a heck of a deal.

I agree on Gruchik, like him and really the deal hinges on him.

Salas...3.42 era 1.19 whip, 186 k in 192 inn, 24 saves career by the age of 28? Think the standard is 180 inn pitched to judge a pitcher...he is ready to go.

Freese will hit better than Bourgos...Freese can hit 290 to 300...bourgos will never sniff that.

Bulldog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ï'm really not understanding all this welcome power Freeze is supposed to bring to the Angels. The very best this guy has done is hit 20 HR's in a season had 26 doubles and 79 runs driven home. That isn't all that impressive nor does it signify to me any real power expectations. Considering his propensity for being on the DL I find it very difficult to get excited about having him on the Angels.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ï'm really not understanding all this welcome power Freeze is supposed to bring to the Angels. The very best this guy has done is hit 20 HR's in a season had 26 doubles and 79 runs driven home. That isn't all that impressive nor does it signify to me any real power expectations. Considering his propensity for being on the DL I find it very difficult to get excited about having him on the Angels.

Freese's highest ISO (isolated power) is .170 in 2012, which is only somewhat above league average. I certainly wouldn't call him a power hitter.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess, but Kendrick isn't much, he's a #5 on a good team. Jeff Neimann is out there, all you have to do is pay him.

How are niemann and kendrick any different?