• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Anemia

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep thinking if it gets bad enough, the front office will fire this fuck-stick Jacoby.
Apparently, 39 hits in 7 games isn't bad enough, so expect it to get worse.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do believe that 4-7 prediction is looking pretty solid right now.

smokerch15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... and if it's just gonna get worse, then I still say trade Choo to get something in return. He won't be back next year... get something for him.

WvuDieHard

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,954.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would trade Choo in a heart beat. He will never sign back up for this DustMop cluster fuck. Get something while you can.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The front office evidently is still delusional about this team's ability to contend.
Clearly, that's a fantasy. If this team wins 30 more games this year, that would surprise me.
That would be 89 wins. If you plan to make post-season with 89 wins, good luck. Maybe it can be done.
But 30-24 over the rest of the year would be FAR IN EXCESS of what the team has done since June 1 when they were 35-21 (.625). They are UNDER .500 for July and have won 12 games since July 1. They were 47-36 on July 1, indicating a trend that has continued.
There is evidence that winning another 30 games will be problematic. More like 25 or 26.
If they maintain this current pace, they should score another 70 runs the rest of the season.
Delusions.
Is this team better than that? We can keep lying but the trends strongly suggest there are 4 consistent outs in the lineup, another strategy to walk Votto, bounce three up there at BP and throw fastballs at Bruce's shoulders. If you want to negate the rest of the lineup, just put a bad lefthander on the mound and sit back, wait till the 7th, then bring on the bullpen.
Two hits is plenty for these Reds.
Overly pessimistic? Yeah, and I think I have real good reason for being that way. This team sucks.
I don't care if they are "10 over."

WvuDieHard

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,954.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
100% percent Agreement on John's assessment. It is what it is and no one should try to paint the picture any differently. Could it change? Maybe, but I don't see the passion, fire, or leadership for this to occur. Expect the same and you wont be as disappointed.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Corky gets hit by a pitch, Homer can't even bunt him over.
A wild pitch and had Robinson not gotten lucky on a walk, he'd have been out.
Heisey can't even move the runners over, so Votto comes up with 2 out and Corky on 2nd base.
That's why the Reds suck. Other teams, I notice, scored that run without 3 guys having to get a crack at it.

eburg5000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least they won the game.

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dusty has had a bad baserunning team every year of his career. If they arent ar the top of the league in homers, they cant score. No one has luck that bad. It's the way he manages. I suppose all those years of playing on teams with guys like Ralph Garr and Davey Lopes didn't make as big an impression on how to score as Hank Aaron, Barry Bonds and Sammy Sosa did. Hey, Zack Cozart, or even Brandon Phillips isn't going to turn into Aaron, no matter how many times they try to pull the ball. Might be a good idea not to give people a green light to steal or bunt, if they don't have a clue when to, or if they get benched the next day if they try. The bottom line is, the only thing Dustys offense manufactures regularly are outs and excuses. Hes whining about the Reds mistakes lowering opportunities to score, but they're never his mistakes... odd, the only successful signal he calls is the high five after a homer. This team is about 60 HR short of what it would take to get Dusty in a World Series. At going rate, Dusty would need a $300 mil payroll for that. If the Giants and Cubs couldn't afford to sign a winner for Dusty, I doubt the Reds can either. The Reds should have picked up on their lead, and used one of Dusty's sub .500 years to fire him, instead of letting him "earn" his next contract years salary. The guy might get shutout with an All Star lineup, because if he were picking the lineup, he'd find a .240 hitter to hit in the 2 hole, or turn a better hitter into one. As he's climbing the all time win (and loss) list, making a bid for the HOF with an embarrassing absent post season record, he's just that much harder to fire. Hes like the in-law that you just can't get to leave. Maybe no manager can make these Reds into a murderers row lineup, but many could make them smarter hitters, better baserunners, and more cognizant players. That would be a good start.

MHubbuch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
John,

I am going to disagree with your assessment. for a few reasons.

1- We have many players mainly quality relievers on the DL.
2- Our Starting Leftfielder has been out all season. Yet we have played mix and match till now.
3- Our staff ACE has been relatively ineffective all season.
4- Our hitting has been next to non existant all season. Yet, we find ways to win.

I guess what I am saying is. Ludwick returns we become a better offensive team. Opponants can't pitch around Phillips, Votto and Bruce without some issues.

Our pen will only get stronger with the return of Marshall and Broxton. Games are usually over after 6 innings.

I think we still need a quality starter. I do not believe Cueto will be returning anytime soon.

I believe that it is Walt and not Dusty that is wanting Jacoby here. I feel when minor league season is over. Coaches with different outlook will provide help

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hub, you are correct in the assessment that the team will be better when at full strength.
I disagree that the Reds are winning despite having these injuries. That stats since June 1 suggest something more like "mediocre" or ... about 4 games worse than the Marlins have played over the same stretch of time. You could look that up!

So, agreed, having a better team will make the team better. What you see is what you get, however, and the Reds lost three winnable games on the W.C. trip that they don't get back as the Parrots beat the stuffin's out of the Birds.

In that stretch, Cincy has gained exactly zero games in the division. That's NOT what I call winning despite anything. I call that losing despite good chances to play better. Non-existent hitting IS the problem and Ryan Ludwick is hardly the problem. It's the hitting philosophy that doesn't allow for an occasional injury. It's a philosophy that depends on the other team's starter pitching like crap. That rarely happens, however, against the Reds. Dredge up any old arm and get a 2-hitter.

In the end, the Parrots had the entire rotation on the DL ... and stayed in contention.

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Titanic was designed with half enough lifeboats. They knew in trouble, half wouldnt be in trouble long. They just didn't consider icebergs in the North Atlantic in the time of year they had been there since the last Ice Age, as a realistic probability of harm...and they were distracted by complacency,greed and overconfidence.

Who would have ever thought that LF would be an offensive problem, with a shortstop and third baseman that hit .260 and struck out a quarter of their at bats in the minors, a catcher and a pitcher all in the lineup everyday ?

Did anyone expect Ludwick to hit 26 HR last year ? But they expected him to do it AGAIN ? It was CHOO that was supposed to be the difference, not Ludwick.

The problem is, they didn't really replace Stubbs with Choo in the lineup, they replaced him with Cozart. Phillips has replaced Ludwick just fine. Just to get that straight.