• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Andy Reid's last year in Philly?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I'm hearing these rumblings...

Would that be a good move or a stupid move? Reid's never had a great QB (yes, never; it's true). Would you fire him if you owned the Eagles?

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would fire the shit out of him. We have seen the best of Andy Reid. The guy has no concept of the run game and he fills his team with undersized athletes. He has been there for too long at this point. He bailed on McNabb from a couple good starts by Kolb only to bail on him from a couple good starts from Vick. I don't think any of them are very good, but it just doesn't work there anymore.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I agree: Reid is not the guy one wants making personell decisions.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some people think Chip Kelly would be a good fit in Philly if they were to fire him.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
The Iggles haven't been the same since Jim Johnson died.

Reid had some very good coordinators at some points.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
o please, i hope someone hires gruden. heck i'll even chip in for some of the salary!

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
o please, i hope someone hires gruden. heck i'll even chip in for some of the salary!

i-see-what-you-did-there-cat-8ddsxu.jpg

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they are going to fire Andy Reid they better have a replacement lined up. I think it may just be time for a change in Philly. Sometimes when a coach has been with a team for so long they either lose the fire, lose the locker room, or lose the fans. In Reid's case it may be all three. I wouldn't mind seeing Cowher come out of retirement for that job. I doubt he will, but still.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's time for a change. Vick is hurt and likely going to miss at least a game. Unless the backup is the 2nd coming of Tom Brady I don't see how Andy can save his job. A backup QB usually means more lost games are coming.

The Eagles don't run the ball well, but I still think their offense is good enough to win. The problem is they spent all that money on the Defense and it still sucks. =\

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feel bad for Reid. I like him as a coach and he's done a great job. The defense is surely a hole there and as mention above, hasn't been the eagles defense since JJ passed. The guy's son died to start the season pretty much, yeah we're 3 months in but there's no timetable to get over that.

It's unfortunate and I could understand why people want changes.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
The problem is they spent all that money on the Defense and it still sucks. =\

Speaking of which, remember how people were clamouring so much for Asomugha that they were saying anyone who didn't want him was dumb?

How's that workin' out for 'em?

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's time for a change. Vick is hurt and likely going to miss at least a game. Unless the backup is the 2nd coming of Tom Brady I don't see how Andy can save his job. A backup QB usually means more lost games are coming.

The Eagles don't run the ball well, but I still think their offense is good enough to win. The problem is they spent all that money on the Defense and it still sucks. =\

The offense isn't even that good though. They are turnover machines, Jackson doesn't do more than a jog if the ball isn't coming his way, and the line is one of the worst in the league. They have a running back in Shady who is easily one of the best in the league, and they don't feed him the ball. It's like they game plan to not get him the ball on purpose. Maybe he called Reid's wife a bitch or something. I have never in my life seen a team struggle to pick up 3rd/4th & 1 or any goal line situation the way Andy Reid's Eagles have. Because he always has small backs or he will decide to throw it every time.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they are going to fire Andy Reid they better have a replacement lined up. I think it may just be time for a change in Philly. Sometimes when a coach has been with a team for so long they either lose the fire, lose the locker room, or lose the fans. In Reid's case it may be all three. I wouldn't mind seeing Cowher come out of retirement for that job. I doubt he will, but still.

maybe they'll just go with mornhigweg

Geraint

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone who gives the dogkiller a big contract :loco2:

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Andy Reid probably should have walked away when his son died in August. I can respect that he tried to stick with it so as not to just leave the Eagles hanging with a sudden coaching change right before the season... but... hey, I have to imagine that kind of loss has made focusing on coaching the Eagles this year really hard. I'm sure quite a few times during the week when he should be thinking about his job and how to beat the next opponent, his thoughts drift to his son.

Hell, probably the only reason Reid hasn't been fired this year is because his son died during PreSeason.

I dunno man, he never really had a chance to grieve and get refocused considering the timing of his son's death... what did he do? take 1 or 2 weeks off then get into the HC grind? Thats not enough... we saw how dramatically it affected Dungy and the Colts at the end of the 2005 season, and how it messed up the Packers last year.

nmgsc2002

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know why Chip Kelly would want to leave Oregon. I mean he gets to pick most anyone he wants to go there. Top Athletes and players want to go there because of the offense and all the free Nike gear they get. I mean, he has it pretty good up there. Unless he is expecting to get hit by some serious recruiting violations and improper benefit stuff I think he stays there. I think Oregon would match whatever Salary he is offered especially if they win the Title this year.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Reid is on the way out in Philly. I could really see him in Kansas City next season. First they need to get rid of Pioli's ass and scrap the Patriots Jr. thing. I still think Reid is a good coach, things just got out of control in Philly. Once McNabb left, things just went downhill. He needs a fresh start, he is one of the best coaches that Philly has ever had.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW I do think the Eagles make a push for Kelly