• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

andy reid

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But why eat the TO when the seasons on the line? Either way KC wasn't getting the ball back if they failed to convert. Talking it over more seems like the more logical thing to do.

I suppose....any time a team burns a TO, immediately after the 2 minute warning like that, folks are going to question it.

I thought Reid's biggest mistake was that he panicked. He panicked, when he did not need to panic.

If the coach panics, the players are sure to follow.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"An aside: Andy Reid wasn't being shitty at managing the clock; he was giving the offense a chance for the possible final play of Kansas City's season. The Chiefs only had one timeout, so they weren't going to stop the clock and get the ball back. Instead, Reid checked the defense, adjusted to that, and called an excellent play that gave Dwayne Bowe one-on-one coverage and a chance at the first down. Unfortunately, one of his feet landed out of bounds."

The above pretty much sums up as to why the TO was taken. Makes a lot of sense.

1 play away from being called a "genius" with how KC played while watching players drop like flies all game.

Great game to watch yesterday.

BTW...

Where did Chipperz chips land yesterday?...:laugh3:

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suppose....any time a team burns a TO, immediately after the 2 minute warning like that, folks are going to question it.

I thought Reid's biggest mistake was that he panicked. He panicked, when he did not need to panic.

If the coach panics, the players are sure to follow.

I agree and they should..... just not when it's 4th and 11 with the season on the line in your own territory.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most expected 6-7 wins out of the Chiefs. Not even Chiefs fans for the most part outside of the homers thought they could win even 9 game.

exactly. regardless of anything else, winning 11 games and making the playoffs was a big success for an organization that was in serious trouble just a year ago.