• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

andy reid

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reid is in charge of Sutton .

That will be his problem to deal with then. To put sole blame on Reid for this debacle as some seem to be suggesting in their posts is asinine when his offense ( he has more control than Pederson) scores 44 f'n points.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't do this often but this poster is a loser. He's been posting the same garbage bad mouthing the chiefs in every related thread and even said he wanted Andrew Luck to break his leg next week.

The playoffs always bring out extra trolls with more main board game threads & such.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That will be his problem to deal with then. To put sole blame on Reid for this debacle as some seem to be suggesting in their posts is asinine when his offense ( he has more control than Pederson) scores 44 f'n points.

You can't deny it was horrible usage of timeouts/clock management though Moose.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's tough to put this loss on Reid. He had a great game plan that got the Chiefs up big without their best offensive player. If he keeps calling aggressive calls and Smith turns it over or the Chiefs don't run much clock, he'd be criticized for not trying to shorten the game witha huge lead. But if he gets conservative, then he's criticized for not sticking with what got them the huge lead. Ultimately I think the majority of the blame should go to what was supposed to bea good defense.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The playcalls afterwards worked out for the most part though, Bowe just fucked up; plain and simple. Such is life in the chess game that is often the NFL.

Yeah, i suppose the TOs did accomplish something at the time. Just not what id recommend in the second half. Unless im running the Veer, Single Wing, or the WishBone a five yard penalty for D.O.G. isnt worth a TO. Dwayne Bowe definitely gets to carry some of the blame too.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is more on Sutton than it is Reid. Luck was starting to torch them and they refused to blitz. They just stuck with that lame soft defense (which the Colts were still able to get behind on top of it).

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sole blame? That's never on one guy. But the HC's job is to take control when the guys beneath him make bad decisions. Their defense down the stretch was a joke and that's as much Andy's fault as the credit for the offense is. He's the head coach, not a coordinator.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still don't get why Carroll is not in coach of the year discussion. Yah he was expected to win the SBOWL this year, but when he first came in the ENTIRE NFL mocked him. Everyone was saying he'd fail, everyone kept talking about when he took over the Pats.

He took over a 4-12 Hawks team, led them to 7-9 with quite possibly THE most historic playoff win of the last 15 years (yes I'm serious, nobody gave Seattle a chance in hell to beat New Orleans, Seattle caused an earthquake, and Lynch made a top 20 run in NFL history), and then to two more playoff appearances, one of which secured home field advantage.

I don't get all the love for Bill Bilaksdfklj. Great, you have Tom Brady. Whatever. The guy gets 30 yards a game for you in personal fouls anyway. And I don't get all the love for Andy Reid. The Chiefs had a great team talent wise (hence the 8 pro bowlers, it wasn't 11-5 that did that). They were just always injured as partially evidenced by today.

Whatever.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because the talent he assembled isn't part of "coach of the year". Any mildly respectable coach is in a good position with that defensive talent.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because the talent he assembled isn't part of "coach of the year". Any mildly respectable coach is in a good position with that defensive talent.

K, so what about the talent Bill assembled before the year? He had two top 10 TEs (one being the #1), top 5 O-Line, etc. So they got injured? Big deal? Seattle lost their entire starting O-Line at one point, their starting #1 WR, slot receiver (Harvin) for basically the season, etc.

Pats prior to the season weren't that far off from Seattle in SBOWL odds.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A large part of that is because Belichick is hands down the best coach in the NFL.

But the players New England has lost are absurd. The fact that they still earned a bye and are serious contenders with the losses they have dealt with is far more impressive than winning with one of the most talented defenses in recent memory.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still don't get why Carroll is not in coach of the year discussion. Yah he was expected to win the SBOWL this year, but when he first came in the ENTIRE NFL mocked him. Everyone was saying he'd fail, everyone kept talking about when he took over the Pats.

He took over a 4-12 Hawks team, led them to 7-9 with quite possibly THE most historic playoff win of the last 15 years (yes I'm serious, nobody gave Seattle a chance in hell to beat New Orleans, Seattle caused an earthquake, and Lynch made a top 20 run in NFL history), and then to two more playoff appearances, one of which secured home field advantage.

I don't get all the love for Bill Bilaksdfklj. Great, you have Tom Brady. Whatever. The guy gets 30 yards a game for you in personal fouls anyway. And I don't get all the love for Andy Reid. The Chiefs had a great team talent wise (hence the 8 pro bowlers, it wasn't 11-5 that did that). They were just always injured as partially evidenced by today.

Whatever.

None of the wins in previous seasons makes any difference for coach of the year. And buildinga great team doesn't either. Like it or not coach of the year usually goes to the coach who's team exceeds expectations the most, and that's not the Seahawks.

As for your ridiculous assertion about "the most historic playoff win of the past 15 years," tone down the hyperbole. The Giants beating the undefeated Patriots in the Super Bowl is way more historic, as area number of other playoff games that didn't involve the winner getting blown out in the next round. Shoot, I'd even put the Broncos win over the Steelers as more historic for being the first played under the new overtime rules and for being the quickest overtime game in NFL history.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, it's not like there was a 10 and 12 win team in the same division with a road win over the #2 seed to open the season and another over an 11 win WC team, right?

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None of the wins in previous seasons makes any difference for coach of the year. And buildinga great team doesn't either. Like it or not coach of the year usually goes to the coach who's team exceeds expectations the most, and that's not the Seahawks.

As for your ridiculous assertion about "the most historic playoff win of the past 15 years," tone down the hyperbole. The Giants beating the undefeated Patriots in the Super Bowl is way more historic, as area number of other playoff games that didn't involve the winner getting blown out in the next round. Shoot, I'd even put the Broncos win over the Steelers as more historic for being the first played under the new overtime rules and for being the quickest overtime game in NFL history.

HAHAHAAH. Nobody cared about Thomas' catch now and nobody ever will. What people still do care about is the ONLY 7-9 team to EVER make playoffs... which is HISTORICAL and RELEVANT. There is ONE team in NFL HISTORY to make the playoffs at 7-9 and that's Seattle. AND NOBODY gave them ANY chance of winning against a former SUPER BOWL CHAMP and they did.... with one of the most historic runs in NFL history.

Thomas' TD reception = Seahawks 7-9 playoff win vs. former SBOWL champs... LMFAO. God that mile high air really does you guys in at times.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HAHAHAAH. Nobody cared about Thomas' catch now and nobody ever will. What people still do care about is the ONLY 7-9 team to EVER make playoffs... which is HISTORICAL and RELEVANT. There is ONE team in NFL HISTORY to make the playoffs at 7-9 and that's Seattle. AND NOBODY gave them ANY chance of winning against a former SUPER BOWL CHAMP and they did.... with one of the most historic runs in NFL history.

Thomas' TD reception = Seahawks 7-9 playoff win vs. former SBOWL champs... LMFAO. God that mile high air really does you guys in at times.

You're right, because there is nothing historic about the first overtime game with the new rules, or the shortest overtime in NFL history. :rollseyes:

But for the sake of argument I'll go ahead and agree with you that the Seahawks win was more historic, it's still not even on the same planet as the first Giants Patriots Super Bowl.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right, because there is nothing historic about the first overtime game with the new rules, or the shortest overtime in NFL history. :rollseyes:

But for the sake of argument I'll go ahead and agree with you that the Seahawks win was more historic, it's still not even on the same planet as the first Giants Patriots Super Bowl.

To most regular season, playoffs, FINALS/SUPERBOWL are all 3 different things. But yah..... nice try.

BF4L

Black/Gold Glasses
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does BB take his final timeout after the 2 minute warning TO like Andy did?

Nuff said.