• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Andy Reid takes shot at Alex Smith?

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regarding the INTs Mahomes has reportedly thrown in practice......

"I told you at the beginning of camp I don’t care about all that stuff," Reid said. "I want him to test the offense. ... If you don’t have the intestinal fortitude to go test it you’re going to be one of those quarterbacks who checks it down every time. That’s not what it’s all about." Reid might as well be subtweeting former quarterback Alex Smith.

honestly I think that was a subtle jab at Alex Smith

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the way to look at it is look how KC gets jabbed by the team , he moves to the vikings and keenum gets subtle jabs

it seems that the same will be said about smith too

if we were being fair like the abc crowd was to KC which we know now they were not

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think folks read way too much into this. If you read the quote objectively it sounds like Reid doesn't care about INTs in training camp (or even perhaps preseason or early in the season). You better believe that he is going to care about INTs later in the season especially if they have an impact on the game.

Bottom line for Mahomes, Smith, Cousins or whoever - if they produce, don't contribute to losses for the most part & put the team in good position then they will be liked by the coaches, players & fans & that is all that matters. Personally I don't give a shit about how Reid feels - he has no impact on the Redskins at this time.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is camp!!! Mahomes is young. I mentioned Cousin's had 6 TD passes in 6 consecutive passes the other day. It was 7 on 7, at least one of the throws he would never have that much time. They love Cousin's in Minnesota, they love Smith in DC and I am sure they will love Mahome's in KC .... I also think there will be apprehension for all three.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spurrier a winner in NFL debut | The Japan Times

Anyone who wants to make a big deal out of camp or preseason should always remember this beauty of a game. For a few minutes it appeared that Spurrier just might be the answer for the Skins. It didn't take much longer after this for any sane fan to realize that he might possibly have been the worst Redskins coach ever (& that is saying a lot).

Just enjoy camp but try not to draw too many conclusions. Here's to a good season for the Redskins.