1. Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Andy Dalton and the Playoffs

Discussion in 'NFL Football Forum' started by SteelersPride, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Manster7588

Manster7588 Full Time Asshole.

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 698

I'm not counting on the Browns losing, I'm saying Browns fan might want to wait for to get a couple of WINNING seasons under their belt before stepping up to the alter.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. MilkSpiller22

MilkSpiller22 Gorilla

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 28,717

they definitely look like they are on the right track... but I still think they are ways away from being a division winner or even a playoff team...

they don't yet have a number one WR, and this wont change next year unless they sign a veteran or make a trade...

Chubb looks good, but not spectacular... not sure if he can be a game changer at RB...

so that is RB, and WR where you are at best ABOVE league average... and neither are at elite level...

and that is to add that you have a up and coming QB, who is not yet an elite option... not sure if he ever will be...

so overall your offense is good but NOT great... it will have trouble to score with the elite offenses in the league...

your defense looks better, but still very young... can they improve??

and remember football is a sport where injuries happen all the time... you have to expect injuries... and I don't see the browns being a very deep team... anywhere...

definitely, on the right track... but I wouldn't be surprised if next year they take a step back... not forward...

3. mrschaney

mrschaney Well-Known Member

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,000

Guys, this thread pretty much speaks for itself doesn't it? It is the playoffs, where are the Brees, Rivers, Mahommes, Goff, Brady, threads?
    No, instead, everyone is talking about Dalton, and for already up to 4 pages? I didn't start this thread, and it was well on it's way when I chimed in. This thread should serve as a wakeup call to everyone. Dalton is a force in this league, the talk of the league even during the playoffs. People are scared and this is how they react when they are scared, by lashing out at what scares them. Everyone is getting worried about the Bengals, and rightfully so. No one even cares about this years' playoffs.

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. Myles

Myles Well-Known Member

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 900

Not at all. Just saying that 31 years of poor history should have people cautious. Fans should also not be talking shit about other teams yet either.
    All understood, but not to the point of being able to dog any other teams yet.

5. Across The Field

Across The Field Oaky Afterbirth

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 24,657

Considering the way we whooped up on Cincinnati twice this year, I think we've earned it over them.

6. mrschaney

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,000

Dalton was injured during the first game and was completly out for game 2, Aj Green and numerous others were injured as well when they faced off. You beat a depleted Bengals team at the end of the season with a coach that was on the way out and knew it. I wouldn't get too excited over this.

7. Across The Field

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 24,657

The Browns had already established a 4TD lead before Dalton got hurt, so that doesn't say much. Hell, Driskel was more effective against us. The final scores of both games weren't any indication of how much better Cleveland was.

8. mrschaney

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,000

No they weren't, I agree. The Browns did get lucky.

9. Across The Field

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 24,657

That ain't luck, sweetheart. Those were both assbeatings by a clearly better team.

Welcome to the new AFC North. Get comfy in that cellar.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. mrschaney

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,000

LOL

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Trench Mob

Trench Mob Distributing orange slices with the soccer moms

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 200

Browns beat a team full of 2nd stringers and practice squad bodies and think they're tough. Oh goodness. My stomach.

^.

12. Wamu

Wamu whats-a-matta-u?

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,000

Shiiiiiit. Duh Red Headed Assassin's better than Tommy Boy cause he gots a perfect playoff record.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Myles

Myles Well-Known Member

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 900

ha ha. You are worse. No you are worse.

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Across The Field

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 24,657

Right. So I can use this same excuse for any time the Bengals have beaten the Browns in the last decade I guess.

You're blind if you think the Browns aren't a better team right now. Dalton is a mediocre talent on the decline, and there's no full-time answer on the roster behind him. AJ Green is will be 31 next year and has injury issues, and will now be having to deal with a new HC and OC. Eifert is a shell of his former self, having only played 14 games over the last 3 seasons. Mixon and Boyd are young and talented, but clearly not enough to help the team win games. The OL is awful, and the defense is in shambles.

Meanwhile, the Browns managed to win 7 games with the worst head coach in NFL history at the helm for half the year. Mayfield just broke rookie QB records. Nick Chubb was PFF's #1 RB in the league despite dumbass Hue barely using him at the beginning of the year. David Njoku is a talented young TE on the verge of a breakout in his 3rd year. The OL wound up being top 5 in the NFL even with the loss of Joe Thomas. Duke Johnson, Antonio Calloway, Rashard Higgins, and Breshad Perriman all proved to be valuable playmakers once they finally canned Hue. Not only do we have one of the top GMs in the NFL at talent evaluation working for us, but we're working with more cap space than nearly any team in the league.

Like I said before, better get used to it.

15. boogiewithstu2007

boogiewithstu2007 Well-Known Member

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,000

Ouch .....

16. Dr. Strangelove

Dr. Strangelove Well-Known Member

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,000

I swear to god, I'm sure Pixar used Andy's image to come up with the "Sindrome" character.
    [​IMG]

17. megalodon30

megalodon30 Archduke of Crosstown Busses

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 480

Not as good as Tebow. But then again, not many are.

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Shanemansj13

Shanemansj13 Finger Poppin Dat Asshole

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 39,253

No doubt a ways to go but 0 to 7 wins...is FAR MORE than I expected. $70-80 cap can help but they still have to lure the guys, the FA class doesn't look great.

Biggest needs are: WR1, LT/RT, CB2, DT2

Honestly, Chubb impressed me A LOT. He fights for yards, he is far quicker AND faster than I thought. At 220 that is impressive. He actually reminds me of Gurley.

It's the Browns so you never know, but all this young talent seems to be finally blossoming. Injuries do happen but saying a QB that has never had injuries, will get an injury and it will ruin his career or aspirations is kinda going out on a limb tbh.

If they can get a true #1 WR (more weapons for Baker), another CB, another pass rusher or run stopper on the DL...I really like this team a lot honestly.

19. MilkSpiller22

MilkSpiller22 Gorilla

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 28,717

I like chubb too... My point about him was that without a great passing game, he is not good enough to carry the offense himself... at least not yet... But he is certainly good enough to be a 3 down back...

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. mrschaney

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,000

Andy will soon have a likeminded head coach. The rings are now in reach.

• Funny Funny x 1