• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Andrew Wiggins

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The kid is really starting to mature over the last 13 games. He has been playing some great basketball.

Here are the numbers: 21.4 PPG, 4.9 RPG and 2.7 APG. Shooting 50.5%, 46% and 78%.

Hopefully the growth continues and the high way robbery of the Cavs becomes more and more apparent.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
does he play defense?

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,724.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he'll be another Tracy McGrady, but better defensively.

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well DJ than I think Minnesota did the right thing. Kelly o can play decent o but he has no defense

Drives me crazy

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The kid is really starting to mature over the last 13 games. He has been playing some great basketball.

Here are the numbers: 21.4 PPG, 4.9 RPG and 2.7 APG. Shooting 50.5%, 46% and 78%.

Hopefully the growth continues and the high way robbery of the Cavs becomes more and more apparent.

I had a lot of hesitation when the Cavs were discussing the trade- as you can ask anyone that was on FN.....however- IF LeBron coming home was contingent on the Cavs getting Love- than of course you do the deal 100 out of 100 times.

Also. Kevin Love is only 26 years old and is generally regarded as one of the best players in the league. If the Cavs get a couple championships out of this era it is well well worth it.

Wiggins does look very good though- however- if he was on the Cavs he would not be getting this kind of an opportunity- the best thing that could ever happen for his development was leaving the Cavs.

It is impossible to fairly evaluate the trade at this point- but Wiggins does look like a darn good player- that is for sure. Good for him. He seems like a great kid and really handled the whole situation with class.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will also be the first one to admit- that LeBron is not the athlete he was when he was 24 years old. It took LeBron years to develop into the type of player that could win a championship. Being drafted at age 19 is tough- and it generally takes a long time to get to the point physically and mentally where you are good enough to compete for a title.

Just look at Kyrie- the kid is only 22 years- and it looks like he has finally matured physically enough to stand up to the rigors of the NBA season (i mean- when he came in he was 19 and LOOKED 19- not like some guys like a LeBron or Rose or other physical freaks who looked filled out well past their age.

If they kept Wiggins- it is likely Wiggins would not have developed fully until LeBron was 32-33 years old (at the earliest)- and by then you give up your best window of opportunity. Trading for Love, a guy who was 25 at the time of the trade- in his prime- and a proven big time All-Star made a lot of sense.

I do have to say- It would have been interesting 5 years from now to see at 24 year old Wiggins and 27 year old Kyrie- with Lebron as the veteran at age like 35.....imagine that back court pairing...the combo of offense and defense and playmaking...wow....i think i just raised the desk in front of me a few inches, lol....

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me the issue is whether Love is the top 10 player many thought, and can he play high quality defense needed to win a ring. Again, did Minnesota inflate numbers i.e. Al Jeffersons career? Nothing against al but he is all offense and will not ever be a centering force to bring a ring to a franchise

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will also be the first one to admit- that LeBron is not the athlete he was when he was 24 years old. It took LeBron years to develop into the type of player that could win a championship. Being drafted at age 19 is tough- and it generally takes a long time to get to the point physically and mentally where you are good enough to compete for a title.

Just look at Kyrie- the kid is only 22 years- and it looks like he has finally matured physically enough to stand up to the rigors of the NBA season (i mean- when he came in he was 19 and LOOKED 19- not like some guys like a LeBron or Rose or other physical freaks who looked filled out well past their age.

If they kept Wiggins- it is likely Wiggins would not have developed fully until LeBron was 32-33 years old (at the earliest)- and by then you give up your best window of opportunity. Trading for Love, a guy who was 25 at the time of the trade- in his prime- and a proven big time All-Star made a lot of sense.

I do have to say- It would have been interesting 5 years from now to see at 24 year old Wiggins and 27 year old Kyrie- with Lebron as the veteran at age like 35.....imagine that back court pairing...the combo of offense and defense and playmaking...wow....i think i just raised the desk in front of me a few inches, lol....

I agree with really everything you said in your posts, but a couple things to add.

I don't think getting Love was the reason LeBron came home. It happened so much sooner than the Love trade. I think they probably told LeBron they would make moves though.

The issue with Love is yes, he is 26 but he can't play defense and he is more of a "stat padder". As you see as soon as LeBron went out he had like 28/19 or something? But they lost to the 76ers. Then with LeBron he can't transform his game like Bosh did as a 3rd option...and again no defense.

There is also no telling how long he stays in Cleveland. I think 2 years forsure(this and next year) but if they don't win a title in 1of these 2 I'd be shocked if he were still around.

You are also right that Wiggins wouldn't be developing at the same rate if he were in Cleveland. Heck it really took these 13 games where he became a focal point(and plays 40 a night) to really get going.

It was a great move for both players. Good move for both teams at this point. But the it can eventually be a horrible move for the Cavs, and can really only be good for the Wolves.