• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

And with the Seventh pick in the 2021 NFL Draft, the Detroit Lions.....?

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That guy's such a douche. He's trying to be different so people read is sh*tty articles.

Well, here's another one that at one time wasn't so much of one until the passing of Drew Sharpe.
Monarrez obviously decided to take over that style of criticism and role that Sharpe once prevailed in.

CARLOS' GRADE: D for not getting a playmaker

BB_72: Pathetic take by Monarrez as he's clearly the click-bait artist over these last couple of years

phantomfoul88

"Send Lawyers, Guns, and Money"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, here's another one that at one time wasn't so much of one until the passing of Drew Sharpe.
Monarrez obviously decided to take over that style of criticism and role that Sharpe once prevailed in.

CARLOS' GRADE: D for not getting a playmaker

BB_72: Pathetic take by Monarrez as he's clearly the click-bait artist over these last couple of years
How Monarrez continues to be employed just baffles me.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lot of options this evening, I'd really like if they can nab Marshall and just about any defensive player(s)

So many players to list at No. 41 that could fit the bill and improve this team
It'll be difficult for Holmes to pick wrong

right at No. 41
JOK
Moehrig
Elijah Moore
Marshall
Ojulari
Asante Samuel Jr
Barmore

a little bit down in a possible trade or two - early to mid fifties
Richie Grant
Jevon Holland
Dyami Brown

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How Monarrez continues to be employed just baffles me.

Tbh, I don't believe he truly believes in what he writes. He helps the Freep get money though by becoming the contrarian
His writings makes him the P.O.S. for that establishment

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bengals really should’ve taken Sewell at 5.

Glad they didn’t.

Owner Mike Brown, the silent version of Jerruh Jones, has Never employed a GM during his entire time as an owner. He makes the picks.
The Bengals run their team similar to the JETS and can only do more harm to Burrough which is eerily similar to the mistakes the Jets made regarding Darnold by not protecting their franchise player with top O Lineman

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So many players to list at No. 41 that could fit the bill and improve this team
It'll be difficult for Holmes to pick wrong

right at No. 41
JOK
Moehrig
Elijah Moore
Marshall
Ojulari
Asante Samuel Jr
Barmore

a little bit down in a possible trade or two - early to mid fifties
Richie Grant
Jevon Holland
Dyami Brown

I'm guessing JOK and Barmore will be gone. I'd consider Nick Bolton at 41.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing JOK and Barmore will be gone. I'd consider Nick Bolton at 41.

I'm not counting on JOK or Barmore being there at No. 41 but Bolton isn't truly a sideline to sideline LB, imo, and even a Mike LB, in todays play, needs to be able to do that for zone coverage. Bolton isn't truly a 3-down LB so, at No. 41 seems to be a little rich and early. It's not that he cannot learn to be better in coverage but I'm not counting on that.

I'd rather have Pete Werner who has a much more diverse resume playing all 4 LB positions and quite possibly could last anywhere into the 3rd round.

We're all different in what we see/view and how we rate/rank players.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2021 NFL Draft: Ideal Day 2 targets for every NFL team | NFL Draft | PFF

DETROIT LIONS: WR TERRACE MARSHALL JR., LSU​

Widely rumored to be one of the more likely trade-down candidates in the NFL, Detroit opted to stay put at No. 7 overall and add a blue-chip offensive line talent in Penei Sewell. They should have several options to continue adding to the offense toward the top of Round 2, namely at a wide receiver position where they lost their top three targets from last year’s team.

Marshall was mentioned as one of the prospects whose medicals were flagged entering the 2021 NFL Draft, but he’s a first-round talent if healthy. He is one of the most physically gifted receivers in this class with an ideal blend of size and speed to play outside. The Lions need to continue to add to a receiving corps that is currently led by free agent signings Breshad Perriman and Tyrell Williams.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not counting on JOK or Barmore being there at No. 41 but Bolton isn't truly a sideline to sideline LB, imo, and even a Mike LB, in todays play, needs to be able to do that for zone coverage. Bolton isn't truly a 3-down LB so, at No. 41 seems to be a little rich and early. It's not that he cannot learn to be better in coverage but I'm not counting on that.

I'd rather have Pete Werner who has a much more diverse resume playing all 4 LB positions and quite possibly could last anywhere into the 3rd round.

We're all different in what we see/view and how we rate/rank players.

Dropping into coverage isn't really a strength of his. But he flies to the ball and he hits you. Great in pursuit, and I don't see sideline-to-sideline as a weakness of his. Always in on the play. He's fast and plays mean. I'd be happy to have him here. We need re-enforcements throughout the linebacking room. I see your point too, though.

Last edited:

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,821.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great addition in Sewell.....if you are going to try and have Goff succeed......he needs a good OL.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They did exactly the kind of thing the same old Lions would have done. I was so convinced the Lions were taking Smith, I couldn’t believe it when Goodell said Sewell.
Dolphins could have recovered with Darrisaw at 18, but instead chose to double down on not protecting the QB.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great addition in Sewell.....if you are going to try and have Goff succeed......he needs a good OL.
The Lions are 3 years from competing, Goff is always going to be a stop-gap while they try and add talent. I am going to guess they spend their top 5 pick next year on a QB. That rookie qb is going to have a hell of an oline!

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dolphins could have recovered with Darrisaw at 18, but instead chose to double down on not protecting the QB.

No way in Hell I draft a player who retired from CFB with 3 concussions in the 1st round no matter how the medicals were perceived to be.
He would've been completely off my board.
The team doctor at UCLA told Phillips that the next concussion could be his very last if not changing his life completely.

Talented player and arguably viewed as the best pass rusher in this class (I had Kwity above him) but he's one final concussion away from being finished playing football. That's a HUGE risk in 1st round or even first two days. Picks are a premium, imo

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dropping into coverage isn't really a strength of his. But he flies to the ball and he hits you. Great in pursuit, and I don't see sideline-to-sideline as a weakness of his. Always in on the play. He's fast and plays mean. I'd be happy to have him here. We need re-enforcements throughout the linebacking room. I see your point too, though.

never meant to come across as possibly condemning your choice of player or opinion. always respect what you have to state.

I wouldn't be upset with Bolton as the pick as we do NEED at least 1 LB and tbh LBx2 but one Has To Have high quality coverage ability already, imo.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way in Hell I draft a player who retired from CFB with 3 concussions in the 1st round no matter how the medicals were perceived to be.
He would've been completely off my board.
The team doctor at UCLA told Phillips that the next concussion could be his very last if not changing his life completely.

Talented player and arguably viewed as the best pass rusher in this class (I had Kwity above him) but he's one final concussion away from being finished playing football. That's a HUGE risk in 1st round or even first two days. Picks are a premium, imo
This will be nothing like Jahvid Best because he went to a different school in California!!!!!

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This will be nothing like Jahvid Best because he went to a different school in California!!!!!

Best was a RB who would lower his head and then have contact but I stay steadfast in my approach that I wouldn't touch this kid as a prospect. He'll still be banging his head against O-Lineman

Maybe I'm missing a non-existent sarcasm font.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
never meant to come across as possibly condemning your choice of player or opinion. always respect what you have to state.

I wouldn't be upset with Bolton as the pick as we do NEED at least 1 LB and tbh LBx2 but one Has To Have high quality coverage ability already, imo.

No worries. You didn't/don't come across as condescending at all. Was just trying to state a case. You definitely know your stuff.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bengals and Dolphins sh*t the bed on this one and we reaped the benefits. Can't say that very often.
To be fair, they both picked WR's that their respective QB's have played with in the past. You have to think Miami asked Tua about Waddle and Devonta, Burrow is widely reported to have been asking for Chase.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
• Rounds 2-3: Friday, April 30, 7 PM ET