• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

And the MVP is.....

heatmyshorts

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Heat without Lebron is probably a #1 seed in the East only because the East is weak. Without Lebron, the Spurs, Grizzlies, Thunder (with Westbrook), are easily better. This was an all time great season, one of the greatest ever, so he is without a doubt the MVP.

Correct. It should be unanimous.

thehoorse

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
the guy offends me on a "fan of the NBA" level.

and oh by the way, i've ALWAYS said i don't want LeChoke EVER to degrade my team's colors. STILL stand by that.

Wow, then it must really be tearing you up inside that he just got his 4th MVP to go along with a ring last season, gold medal and Finals MVP. I mean if I hated someone that much I would be super pissed off. I would probably stop watching basketball altogether if things were going that bad for me. At the very minimum I would stop participating on a message board where every other thread is how great LeBron is and how good he makes his team. :laugh3::yahoo::laugh3::lol:

heatmyshorts

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You hit the nail right on the head. The MVP should (and historically has) gone to the best player on one of the best teams. I also think that many people see Wade and Bosh and assume the Heat would be a top 3 seed without LeBron. I'm not convinced of that.

Speaking of importance to a team, another one of LeBron's contributions is that he allows for an aging guy like Wade to not play full throttle so many games. It's not a statistical contribution, but on top of his amazing stats he also helps by doing most of the heavy lifting.

Wade and Bosh without Lebron would not have carried the team as far as what this team is now with Lebron. If I am not mistaken, Lebron carried the heat to wins with Wade sitting during the regular season.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1rst player in history to post his stat line while shooting 55% to top it off. Historic is the word that comes to mind. Even Smith from ESPN (who is an unabashed Kobe lover) is bowing down.

heatmyshorts

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, then it must really be tearing you up inside that he just got his 4th MVP to go along with a ring last season, gold medal and Finals MVP. I mean if I hated someone that much I would be super pissed off. I would probably stop watching basketball altogether if things were going that bad for me. At the very minimum I would stop participating on a message board where every other thread is how great LeBron is and how good he makes his team. :laugh3::yahoo::laugh3::lol:
When Lebron James receives his MVP...

Expect suicidal rates to increase with these population of haters. Or maybe something simple like CL67 chipping a nipple with the towel at the end of his weekly bath.

thehoorse

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
Wade and Bosh without Lebron would not have carried the team as far as what this team is now with Lebron. If I am not mistaken, Lebron carried the heat to wins with Wade sitting during the regular season.

On second thought, you (and others) are probably right about the Heat still being a 1 seed without LeBron. They are pretty solid with Ray Allen, Battier, Chalmers, Birdman, etc as supporting cast to Wade and Bosh. Man this Heat team is sick. This must be what it was like when Dolphins fans got see the Dolphins dominate two seasons and lose only 2 games (1972-1973). One of those seasons being the undefeated season and both resulting in Super Bowl wins. That was before my time but that's the best comparison I can think of for fans in Miami.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, then it must really be tearing you up inside that he just got his 4th MVP to go along with a ring last season, gold medal and Finals MVP.
hell, he can have a house full. the only one that matters is the O'Brien. so tell me more about all those other accolades i'm supposed to be so "angry" about...?

I mean if I hated someone that much I would be super pissed off.

you are. you hate poeple that don't bow down to LeQueen. i'd say that keeps you SUPER heated. i believe you'll get over it at SOME point, though...:heh:

I would probably stop watching basketball altogether if things were going that bad for me.

DO tell me why i should do that? LOL Heat fans ALWAYS trying to take things to an extreme...

let's see, my team's acquired 16 titles, 11 of which i got to see for myself. well, life's just been hell for me as a fan of the Lakers. now what'll i do...?:laugh3:

At the very minimum I would stop participating on a message board where every other thread is how great LeBron is and how good he makes his team.

guess you're either a quitter, or simply don't have the stones to stand behind what you believe. well, i'd say THAT'S an eye-opening revelation. tsk. another trait revealed. guess i shouldn't be suprised by it, though...:lol::laugh3:

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You hit the nail right on the head. The MVP should (and historically has) gone to the best player on one of the best teams. I also think that many people see Wade and Bosh and assume the Heat would be a top 3 seed without LeBron. I'm not convinced of that.

Speaking of importance to a team, another one of LeBron's contributions is that he allows for an aging guy like Wade to not play full throttle so many games. It's not a statistical contribution, but on top of his amazing stats he also helps by doing most of the heavy lifting.

you know they both have been in the league for 9 years.....wade is what 31 and lebron is 29

thehoorse

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
you know they both have been in the league for 9 years.....wade is what 31 and lebron is 29

LeBron is 28, not 29. Wade is not as big as LeBron but Wade drives to the basket as hard as anyone has during the 9 years. So Wade takes a lot more punishment on his body. Along with that he's very prone to getting dinged up. Some guys just are. So yea it's huge that LeBron can carry the team and have Wade coast through the regular season so he's healthier in the playoffs. That's another positive contribution that LeBron makes that you won't see in a box score or stat sheet.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron is 28, not 29. Wade is not as big as LeBron but Wade drives to the basket as hard as anyone has during the 9 years. So Wade takes a lot more punishment on his body. Along with that he's very prone to getting dinged up. Some guys just are. So yea it's huge that LeBron can carry the team and have Wade coast through the regular season so he's healthier in the playoffs. That's another positive contribution that LeBron makes that you won't see in a box score or stat sheet.

This is due to the fact that when LBJ gets hit while driving the defender bounces off him 90% of the time. I mean he outweighs Wade by what 30 or 35 pounds.

Question: You think they could win a ring if Wade was out the entire playoffs THIS YEAR?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lebron is a good player and should win the player of the year.....but i dont like that they give the most valuable player award to him

the nba should change the name of the award or make another one.....the heat with wade/bosh and the bench would still be the 1/2 seed in the east without lebron

if i am giving a mvp i think it should be durant/griffin...without those guys their teams are nowhere near as good

Why shouldn't he get the award, I know it has a lot to do with success, but give a reason stats wise.

thehoorse

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
Question: You think they could win a ring if Wade was out the entire playoffs THIS YEAR?

I think they are good enough to win a ring without Wade this year. That said, Wade makes them better.

thehoorse

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
Why shouldn't he get the award, I know it has a lot to do with success, but give a reason stats wise.

There really is no reason why LeBron shouldn't be MVP. That is why the vote was unanimous. If someone were to have voted for someone other than LeBron, they would of looked incompetent or as a hater. It cracks me up when people on here think they know more than the guys who cover the NBA for a living.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lebron is a good player and should win the player of the year.....but i dont like that they give the most valuable player award to him

the nba should change the name of the award or make another one.....the heat with wade/bosh and the bench would still be the 1/2 seed in the east without lebron

if i am giving a mvp i think it should be durant/griffin...without those guys their teams are nowhere near as good
Why change the criteria now, when it's been the same for many many years?

You seriously think Griffin had an MVP calibre type season?

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There really is no reason why LeBron shouldn't be MVP. That is why the vote was unanimous. If someone were to have voted for someone other than LeBron, they would of looked incompetent or as a hater. It cracks me up when people on here think they know more than the guys who cover the NBA for a living.

wow. so i guess if Durant would've been chosen as MVP you'd have declared it a crime. too funny...

LeClown getting the award simply feeds into your ego. easy to see...

Triplexxx23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OMG!!! ESPN just announced that Lebron James is MVP!!! I sure didn't see this coming LOL

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OMG!!! ESPN just announced that Lebron James is MVP!!! I sure didn't see this coming LOL

well, i hate to be the one to tell ya this, Trip. but that MVP trophy's coming to MY place. got a spot for it up over the fireplace. the light in the room should play off of it nicely...

i of course, accepted the award with complete humility...:angel:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow. so i guess if Durant would've been chosen as MVP you'd have declared it a crime. too funny...

LeClown getting the award simply feeds into your ego. easy to see...

But KD didn't and wasn't close to winning it looking at the voting. If KD would of won he would of earned it.

And this decision had to do with him leading them to that huge winning streak as well as 60+ wins. But the stats and efficiency says it all, all you have to do is look and you can figure out how he won the award.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why change the criteria now, when it's been the same for many many years?

You seriously think Griffin had an MVP calibre type season?

No chance in hell, Paul is ahead of him just on that one team.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But KD didn't and wasn't close to winning it looking at the voting. If KD would of won he would of earned it.

And this decision had to do with him leading them to that huge winning streak as well as 60+ wins. But the stats and efficiency says it all, all you have to do is look and you can figure out how he won the award.

well, it wasn't the point i was making, but i do hear what you're saying...