• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

And the Chris Petersen Era begins!

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[ame="[MEDIA=twitter]410145864259489792[/MEDIA]"][/ame]
Not sure if I buy that. I mean that may be technically true like maybe they just asked Mora if he was interested and when he said no they hadn't actually offered it, but to say he was their first choice had to be not true IMO. Mora was their first choice, even if it wasn't technically offered to him before he said no thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Transcript

Anywhere we can get a transcript of the presser Wiz? I wasn't able to listen to it.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They highlighted the Petersen/UW story in the last 5 minutes of today's CFLive on ESPN. It was a good bit. Everyone was in agreement it was an absolute coup that UW landed him, that it's an upgrade compared to the previous coach, and we got the better end of the deal compared to USC.

:suds:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
photo-6-461x620.jpg

photo-7-620x561.jpg

More of the MOU for Petersen's hiring. Nothing real major on either of those last two pages. Just outlined their payment of his current buyout from Boise and the terms of his buyout from this new contract moving forward.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They highlighted the Petersen/UW story in the last 5 minutes of today's CFLive on ESPN. It was a good bit. Everyone was in agreement it was an absolute coup that UW landed him, that it's an upgrade compared to the previous coach, and we got the better end of the deal compared to USC.

:suds:

I honestly haven't been this excited over a head coach hire in all my years of following the team.

They hired James when I was only like 8y/o so how excited can a kid be? but he came from Kent State and I'm not sure I was all that excited over it. Nothing in the last 20 years compares to this kind of a hire. This is by far the best result I could have even wished for. You all know my reservations with Mora and I have no such issues with coach Petersen.

I'm so fired up for next year that there are no words to describe it. It just sucks that we have to wait almost another 9 months for that first game @Hawaii to officially start playing football in the Petersen era.

Papalou

disMEMBER
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How in thee hell does the fans of a team get a copy of the coaches contract?

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

All public schools are required to keep records open. They are state employees.

We know the full terms on 10 of the 12 Pac schools. Only USC and Stanford are private schools that are not required to disclose salary information.

And yes, coach Petersen is the highest paid of those 10. No one knows for sure what USC and Stanford pay, however it is said that Stanford pays less than the higher public institutions and it is assumed USC pays more.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

UW isn't a private school, so I believe anyone can obtain this information with a simple request to the school. And the school can't legally block these requests due to the Washington state public disclosure act.

But it depends on the type of information they are looking for. Things like copies of emails can be obtained, like during the Ohio State/Terrell Pryor mess, but you might have to obtain a subpoena if the school tries to stone wall you like tOSU did at first.

I believe of the PAC schools, it's tougher to get this information from USC and Stanford because of the schools more "private" status. But you probably could eventually get it from them if you hit them at the federal level.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UW isn't a private school, so I believe anyone can obtain this information with a simple request to the school. And the school can't legally block these requests due to the Washington state public disclosure act.

But it depends on the type of information they are looking for. Things like copies of emails can be obtained, like during the Ohio State/Terrell Pryor mess, but you might have to obtain a subpoena if the school tries to stone wall you like tOSU did at first.

I believe of the PAC schools, it's tougher to get this information from USC and Stanford because of the schools more "private" status. But you probably could eventually get it from them if you hit them at the federal level.

There is no way to request salary information from USC or Stanford as they are not state funded institution. they are not under the same disclosure requirements as the state funded schools.

However it was said Sark was being offered somewhere around 4m/yr for his move to USC. No one can corroborate that though.

Superdeluxe

Montlake
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dawgman.com guys interviewing Jen Cohen of UW about the week that was:

http://sportswashington.net/mp3/JenCohen1292013.mp3

Pretty good interview, talks about what happened since Monday Morning

Listening to the interview, it seemed like they had a fairly good idea that Petersen was going to say yes when they went out there on Thursday,

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly haven't been this excited over a head coach hire in all my years of following the team. .

I'm so damn excited I've been accused of having a "man crush" on the guy, personally I don't give a damn what they say if he 's does the job I believe he will do here, and that's win!

Superdeluxe

Montlake
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Harsin named the coach at Boise State, hope this means we can retain Justin Wilcox

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bryan Harsin to be head coach at Boise State Broncos - ESPN

So it looks to be true. These guys. Man you can't believe a thing that comes out of their mouth. Part of the business I guess.

I think BSU was the real threat to lose WIlcox but USC could very well end up with him.

Just depends on what he wants on his resume if USC makes an offer.

Last edited by a moderator:

kcden

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,680.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't Coach Pete bringing his DC with him? I like Wilcox (in spite of his *uck roots), but it seems like staying at UW would be an awkward position for him, if it is even an option.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't Coach Pete bringing his DC with him? I like Wilcox (in spite of his *uck roots), but it seems like staying at UW would be an awkward position for him, if it is even an option.

Petersen would be a fool not to drop his current DC down to a position coach or something else and keep Wilcox if he isn't going to leave for another position. Not only is Wilcox an outstanding DC, but having that side of the ball keep it's continuity over Petersen's first season is huge. With all of the returners on that side of the ball having Wilcox on staff would mean they shouldn't miss a beat.

My best guess is Wilcox still ends up somewhere else, likely as a HC at a lower school maybe. USC doesn't appear to want to spend 1 million on a buy out of a guy that isn't going to remain a DC for very long anyway and who can blame them? If it isn't this year, it will come within the next couple of years.