• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

And the Chris Petersen Era begins!

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean how much better can it get? We get a guy who has a 92-12 record, turned down just about every PAC-12 school for the head coaching job, has a winning record against ranked teams, is 2-0 against Oregon and will obviously be dedicated to the school.

Ecstatic is an understatement.

Thank you Sark for going to USC. You did a great service to us allowing UW to upgrade to Chris Petersen.

Glad to see I'm not the only one. I know lots of people were high on Mora and many of the local media is still pitching this as getting the second best guy we could get, but to me Sark AND Mora both did us favors here. Both of those coaches have an edge on recruiting at this time, but Petersen has everything I said I wanted in a HC. Every single thing.

Gone are the stupid penalties that plagued this team. Gone are the road woes where we can't seem to get our kids ready to play away from Husky Stadium. Gone is the uncertainty if any of our kids have off the field issues.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad to see I'm not the only one. I know lots of people were high on Mora and many of the local media is still pitching this as getting the second best guy we could get, but to me Sark AND Mora both did us favors here. Both of those coaches have an edge on recruiting at this time, but Petersen has everything I said I wanted in a HC. Every single thing.

Gone are the stupid penalties that plagued this team. Gone are the road woes where we can't seem to get our kids ready to play away from Husky Stadium. Gone is the uncertainty if any of our kids have off the field issues.

Yeah. Being a fan of a well coached team with some discipline is an exciting thought. :suds:

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I saw the other nite the game between Stanford and the Irish where a holding penalty was called on the Cards O-line...

ONLY their 2nd holding penalty call on the Cards O-line ALL FUCKING SEASON? YOU HAVE GOT TO BE FUCKING KIDDING ME! :noidea:

Now THATS discipline right there boyz...:clap:

ida one

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Congrats Husky fans. Coach Pete will make you proud. You know what he has done here in boise. He will do the same for you.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think that Petersen is a better coach than Mora and I was slightly irrational and mostly mad about Sark leaving, which is why I wanted home town Mora.

I am very, very happy at how things worked out.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats Husky fans. Coach Pete will make you proud. You know what he has done here in boise. He will do the same for you.

:suds:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO the Sark going to USC turned out to be a win win for all concerned. Looking forward to next season, something I wasn't sure about under Sark. It was a time for a change for all concern.

Things could not have worked out better.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that Petersen is a better coach than Mora and I was slightly irrational and mostly mad about Sark leaving, which is why I wanted home town Mora.

I am very, very happy at how things worked out.

With Peterson turning down everybody, I never saw this as really being an option. This was a huge surprise to me, and I'm not looking forward to seeing what he brings to UW when the Cougs have to play them. Other than that, I'm really happy for the Huskies (I know people expect me to, but I don't hate UW, and I root for them almost every time they play, with a few exceptions).

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hearing Kwiatkowski and Prince are coming over.

BSU fans are pretty much celebrating Prince leaving. Havent heard anything good about that guy as far as coaching goes. People trash him then say but he's a nice guy. :laugh3:

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a lot of business to take care of like hiring coaches, salvaging commits, establishing relationships with the existing kids, finishing up a strong recruiting class, etc... But I just can't wait for spring ball and fall camp now.

Wait until the rest of the pac sees our opening schedule. @Hawaii and then 3 straight easy games at home.

So we will have a HC in his first year with our team and a brand new first year starting QB both of which will have at least 4 games to get the team up to speed. About as soft a landing as you can get.

And I'll be at the Hawaii game to see the era begin with my Dad and brothers. Most family still lives on Oahu. Can't wait!!! :suds:

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good luck, bros. Except on Sundays of course

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
https://twitter.com/murphsturph/statuses/409181467332210688

Also lots of chatter that Justin Wilcox is indeed one of the top candidates for the Boise St. job.

Last edited by a moderator:

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The press conference is set for monday at noon. It's closed to only select members of media. Not sure if there will be a Q&A session after or just the introductions, etc...

By the way, names already on his new office door. :suds:

Ba1vqJSCAAA_0dv.jpg:small

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The press conference is set for monday at noon. It's closed to only select members of media. Not sure if there will be a Q&A session after or just the introductions, etc...

By the way, names already on his new office door. :suds:

Ba1vqJSCAAA_0dv.jpg:small

Awesome!

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I had a choice between Wilcox going to Boise or USC, take Boise all week long. That guy is a very smart football coach and I really don't want to face his defense if we don't have to. Let Sark find his new DC on his own.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[ame="[MEDIA=twitter]409537170509033472[/MEDIA]"][/ame]

And so it begins.

Last edited by a moderator: