• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

And the Chris Petersen Era begins!

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, who is bringing the fireball and the ice?

It's time to light this bitch up and start this party!

I know many of you still would have preferred to have Mora over this hire, but I couldn't be more happy. This is exactly what we needed and Woodward got it done!

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
funny-Billy-Mays-meme-face.jpg

1tumblr_lgp6q5NhE21qcjtu8o1_500.gif

tumblr_lgqwsbEa891qfjmnk.gif

smith1.gif

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know many of you still would have preferred to have Mora over this hire, but I couldn't be more happy. This is exactly what we needed and Woodward got it done!

Not me amigo. I just never considered Petersen a serious candidate, just a pipe dream. Outside of Saban I really don't know off the top of my head anyone I would have preferred over Petersen.

Glad to see that whatever it took to get it done, got done!

party-time.gif

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woodward really hit a long drive this time. Time will tell how good it was, but just going off the info at hand he went after the best candidate and landed him, not even a full week after he told USC to fuck off! LOL!

Damn, it's good to be a dawg!

WOOF! WOOF! WOOF!

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes thank god Jim Mora didn't get the job!:suds:

This is frickn awesome, I started a thread the other day about the timing couldn't have been better with this whole shit storm hitting, and I'm sticking to that whole feeling he can save the recruiting class and pick off some bigger chips.....

And a serious side note, Woodard needs a raise, this guy keeps hitting it out of the park everytime this program needs someone to take it to the next level....

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woodward really hit a long drive this time. Time will tell how good it was, but just going off the info at hand he went after the best candidate and landed him, not even a full week after he told USC to fuck off! LOL!

WOOF! WOOF! WOOF!

We got people who realize what the football program is at UW running shit these days. Woody just cemented that thought in me. :suds:

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice hire for sure... Some squatch in Oregon is butthurt today.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats guys. He's a quality coach.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats guys. He's a quality coach.

Can't wait to see what the apple cups are going to look like in a couple of years.

Can see it now...

Pete vs the Pirate

NW making things interesting in the college world.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woke up this morning to the news of the M's signing Cano and Washington getting Coach Petersen.

What a fantastic sport day! I cannot express how excited I am of this hire for the University of Washington!!! The Huskies needed a home run in hiring a new coach, but they hit a grand slam with this one because it is a major upgrade over Sarkisian. I can't wait for them to play USC and beat the crap out of Sark.:suds:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ba0Qc1fCcAAQuMO.jpg:large

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the hire, I actually like it better than Mora. As Ironbreaker said, I didn't think there was a chance in hell UW could lure Petersen away from Boise. I think we got the coach that can take us where Sark couldn't.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now comes the staff building phase. Initial thoughts from some of the analysts are saying Petersen will be bringing over many from his current staff of assistants at Boise St. to UW. Sure we'll be hearing names within the next couple days of whose getting hired.

His current staff is listed here with bios in section: football. About halfway down the page. Clicking on their names provides their information.

Boise State University Official Athletic Site - Staff Directory

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not me amigo. I just never considered Petersen a serious candidate, just a pipe dream. Outside of Saban I really don't know off the top of my head anyone I would have preferred over Petersen.

Glad to see that whatever it took to get it done, got done!

party-time.gif

:agree:

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coach Pete Primer

By silas13 @ SBNation

http://www.sbnation.com/users/silas13Well, Husky fans… Merry Christmas. You guys must have been very, very good this year. You’ve just gotten the biggest present under the post-season coaching change tree. He will bring you joy and wonder for many years to come.

I am a Bronco fan who lives in the Boise area, and I’ve followed the team over the years with great interest (and pride). Locally, we’ve just experienced the Golden Age of BSU Football. It is hard to consider that those times might have reached their zenith… But when one dynasty falls, another inevitably rises to take its’ place. This may be your time.

I am not a football expert, though I know Tampa 2 is not a Florida suburb, and a flood pattern is not something FEMA dreamed up. I am, however, a people expert – both professionally and as an avocation. With that said, I’d like to offer a few insights on the new leader of your football program. I don’t know Chris Petersen personally; we’ve never met, but I have watched him closely – and I admire who he is. So take my observations for what they are worth…

First, Chris Petersen is called "Pete" or "Coach Pete" far more often than by his given name by local media and his own players. BSU President Bob Kustra, and out-of-town media types call him Chris, so he doesn’t seem to strongly prefer one name over the other. I’ll henceforth use the more popular form.

Coach Pete is a Nice Guy: He treats everyone with respect and consideration. You will never see him do a "Pelini" on the sideline with an official or player. Does he get upset sometimes? Yes, but his actions will be very measured. He absolutely refuses to run up the score in games like Bret Bielema. He is not a bully in press conferences like Nick Saban. The most negative response I’ve seen (once) is a brief glare followed by a terse "Next question." Most of the local lore says that he is quite approachable in public, though he is definitely not an attention seeker.

Pete is a Good Man: By all accounts he’s a dedicated family man. The Boise area is a geographically isolated fishbowl. If he was a Bobby Petrino we’d have known it long ago. Chris and Barbara Petersen do a ton of stuff for charities - the most public of which is Make a Wish. Pete preaches doing the right thing to his players, and they say that he practices what he preaches. Which brings me to my next point…

Pete likes OKG’s: The coach’s values deeply affect who he recruits. There is even a term for the type of player he looks for: OKG’s or Our Kind of Guys. These are the kids who are as good in the classroom or community as they are on the football field… Character Guys. All coaches pay lip service to wanting this kind of kid; Coach Pete truly does, and will take them over superior talent. Your recruiting rating will plummet, but you’ll probably end up with a better team. Look at BSU’s APR and winning percentage… As a bonus, you’ll never see another Jeramy Stevens.
Pete runs a tight ship: Truly… No Twitter, No Facebook. Go to class. Be a good ambassador for the University. He tells recruits if they want to go to college to have fun they need to go somewhere else. If they want to work hard, get a degree and win football games, welcome aboard… Some kids leave because they can’t handle the expectations, or chafe under them. Pete kicks a couple out of the program every year (even with the recruiting emphasis on OKG’s). Is BSU an academically difficult school? No. Is there a "football major?" Yes, Communication. But four years of college is still a challenge for any kid who plays a top-level sport. And Pete insists that everything be done right. This year’s senior class is graduating 16 out of 16. They started with 25, so you can see the attrition.

Pete will not BS you: He will not tell you UW is his "dream job" as Todd Graham might. He will not promise you x number of wins or conference championships like almost every coach does. He will not even cite a "decided schematic advantage," though he is a great offensive coach… His press conferences are, frankly, boring. He always respects the other team (and he truly does). He always says the team will work and prepare hard (they always do). He will always ignore things he cannot control (rankings, media noise). He may refuse to answer a question, but I have never seen him lie, or be misleading. Sark had more colorful quotes, but Pete will play it straight.

There is so much more that I could say, but I think you get the idea. You are getting a great person as well as an outstanding coach. Bronco Nation is in mourning, but most of us would extend a congratulatory hand to all of you in Husky Land. That would be the most fitting way for us to honor a man who has shown so much class and character.
The Huskies are now my favorite Pac-12 team. As long as Coach Pete is there, that is…
Congratulations, Husky Nation. Enjoy the ride!

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The wife and kids are decorating the house and tree for Christmas, and I sit here thinking, " Xmas has already come and we got the best damn present any true fan could ask for."

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a lot of business to take care of like hiring coaches, salvaging commits, establishing relationships with the existing kids, finishing up a strong recruiting class, etc... But I just can't wait for spring ball and fall camp now.

Wait until the rest of the pac sees our opening schedule. @Hawaii and then 3 straight easy games at home.

So we will have a HC in his first year with our team and a brand new first year starting QB both of which will have at least 4 games to get the team up to speed. About as soft a landing as you can get.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

After reasonably thinking about it I feel like Petersen is the much better hire and I honestly could not be happier with the hire. I am honestly really, really, really excited for this program.

My original desire to hire Mora was mostly based on my hatred for Sark and desire to get someone with ties to the region.

But considering the fact that Petersen is clearly a better coach and the fact that he has had his pick of just about any job in the country and still stayed at Boise State shows his loyalty and I cannot see him ditching us like Sark did.

Words cannot express how happy I am with this hire. Quite honestly I cannot remember the last time I was this happy over something a Seattle sports team did.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WOOF! WOOF! WOOF!

Split the middle of the #1 par 4 fairway Woodward did!

Sets up for an easy PW to within 3-4 feet of the cup near as I see! :laugh3:

Birdie on #1!:suds:

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean how much better can it get? We get a guy who has a 92-12 record, turned down just about every PAC-12 school for the head coaching job, has a winning record against ranked teams, is 2-0 against Oregon and will obviously be dedicated to the school.

Ecstatic is an understatement.

Thank you Sark for going to USC. You did a great service to us allowing UW to upgrade to Chris Petersen.