• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

And the award for the Worst Sportsmanship goes to....

Hs0022

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, you guessed it. Rafael (the Bullheaded one) Nadal. When he is winning he is never injured, but when things aren't going right he can pull cards out of his sleeve like a magician. I don't know nor understand why sports writers the world over including the infamous ESPN ones not only give him time of the day but continue to worship him and elevate him to status reserved for better athletes and players. He is a total embarrassment, and a cheat. The crowd rightfully started booing after his shady comeback from the injury time out. His antics only categorizes him with the likes of thieves and rogues who break/bend the law to get rich and famous.

simtast204

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, you guessed it. Rafael (the Bullheaded one) Nadal. When he is winning he is never injured, but when things aren't going right he can pull cards out of his sleeve like a magician. I don't know nor understand why sports writers the world over including the infamous ESPN ones not only give him time of the day but continue to worship him and elevate him to status reserved for better athletes and players. He is a total embarrassment, and a cheat. The crowd rightfully started booing after his shady comeback from the injury time out. His antics only categorizes him with the likes of thieves and rogues who break/bend the law to get rich and famous.

C'mon Hs0022, I agree he is sometimes a "drama queen" when he is losing, but to equate him with thieves and rogues is pushing it a bit! Atleast he finished the match! That took guts, I think!

Last edited by a moderator:

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that he definitely seemed to be faking. I thought that was very shady and extremely weak on his part.

Hs0022

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C'mon Hs0022, I agree he is sometimes a "drama queen" when he is losing, but to equate him with thieves and rogues is pushing it a bit! Atleast he finished the match! That took guts, I think!

I agree that it took guts, but there is more to the Rafa story than meets the eye. There is the issue whether he is doing PEDs, because at stakes that high (a lot of sponsors depend on the Golden Boy of Tennis), anything is possible. Plus his history of Gamesmanship only point to the fact that he will go to any lengths for a win. Especially against Federer he has pulled the timeout many times in close matches when Fed had the momentum.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nadal is a bitch......If he won that first set and broke Stan the man to go up 2-0, any chance this punk calls for the trainer?

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nadal is a bitch......If he won that first set and broke Stan the man to go up 2-0, any chance this punk calls for the trainer?

I've seen players call for the trainer even when winning.

Whenever that happens, and John McEnroe is commenting a game, he always wonders if they're doing the right thing, breaking the match's momentum.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To some extent, I think the media makes a bigger deal of Rafa being injured when he's losing, than Rafa does himself. They're the ones that always wonder if he's injured, when he is getting blown out.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen players call for the trainer even when winning.

Whenever that happens, and John McEnroe is commenting a game, he always wonders if they're doing the right thing, breaking the match's momentum.

I believe during the 2005 AO Finals, Hewitt was losing, and called for the trainer. The trainer then rubbed hot thigh cream on him.

Brad Gilbert sounded disgusted to be reporting about the thigh cream during the injury timeout, lol.

A few games later, Safin called for the trainer, and also asked for the thigh cream. Safin was still winning, but it almost seemed he called for the trainer just because Hewitt had done it a little while ago, and it seemed to pick up Hewitt's game a little.

Brad Gilbert again sounded like he was reporting about a bunch of juvenile kids and their use of trainers, during the injury timeout.

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that it took guts, but there is more to the Rafa story than meets the eye. There is the issue whether he is doing PEDs, because at stakes that high (a lot of sponsors depend on the Golden Boy of Tennis), anything is possible. Plus his history of Gamesmanship only point to the fact that he will go to any lengths for a win. Especially against Federer he has pulled the timeout many times in close matches when Fed had the momentum.

You do not need to bring in any baseless suggestion of PED use when you do not have any facts. You can talk about his gamesmanship or supposed 'fake injuries." But to bring in PED use by Rafa is outrageous.

Hs0022

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

With the momentum on his side no way he is gonna call the trainer.

Hs0022

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To some extent, I think the media makes a bigger deal of Rafa being injured when he's losing, than Rafa does himself. They're the ones that always wonder if he's injured, when he is getting blown out.

No, its the opposite, the media (especially the ESPN writers) are more than willing to give him the benefit of doubt and scrutinizes every inch of his body until they find the "trouble" (he should just pay them the physician visit).

If its a blister then they blow it up "the size of a quarter", if its a back ache, then they glorify it with a back injury like its a bigfoot sighting. If it's a knee issue (and we have no freakin clue when/how it happened) they are so very understanding and right on board on the same wavelength that it is legit, and a very normal occurrence among guys with unusually big biceps, and thinning hair who have a lot of rage, I mean "fighter emotion" on the court. I could go on and on.

And of course the media always overlooks his acts of gamesmanship. And this media frenzy all happens after this wonderboy that is made of fine China loses a match. No one dare call him a douchebag as he is pulling the stunt. And he has the commentators eating out of his hands because he fits the mold of GOAT much better than Federer who they simply cannot stand.

So no one that has ever the great Rafael Nadal has done it on their own merit. I am very convinced of that. The media has made sure of that.

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah c'mon.

First of all, this is a CFB site - do we think calling a timeout before the other team kicks a FG is cheating? Fuck no...gotta try everything legal to help.

Secondly, I reserved comment until just seeing the match replay on the Tennis Ch. Nadal pulled his back...it happens. He had no rotation. This could have been somewhat mental (tired and frustrated) or it could have been from doing things a little differently while babying that fucking blister. But you can't say he was faking. The guy is a tennis freight train and wouldn't yield for anything.

But in any case, it's not like he was losing badly and was looking for excuses. He was all fucked-up on the court and stayed out there to take his lumps and allow SW the glory. Being fit enough to last is part of the game and he didn't make it this time.

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah c'mon.

First of all, this is a CFB site - do we think calling a timeout before the other team kicks a FG is cheating? Fuck no...gotta try everything legal to help.

Secondly, I reserved comment until just seeing the match replay on the Tennis Ch. Nadal pulled his back...it happens. He had no rotation. This could have been somewhat mental (tired and frustrated) or it could have been from doing things a little differently while babying that fucking blister. But you can't say he was faking. The guy is a tennis freight train and wouldn't yield for anything.

But in any case, it's not like he was losing badly and was looking for excuses. He was all fucked-up on the court and stayed out there to take his lumps and allow SW the glory. Being fit enough to last is part of the game and he didn't make it this time.

Good post.