• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

And THAT'S Tony Romo, boys and girls.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same can be said for the Broncos. In those cases it comes down to QB and Romo lost it. :laugh3:

Had the Broncos lost it would have been much more attributable to the defense not doing its job than it would have been the QB not doing his. Hard to understand how anyone can conclude that Romo didn't give his team a far better chance to win that game than did the Dallas defense. One has to ignore a lot to conclude otherwise.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im sure the loss had nothing to do with giving up 51 points or the great play by the defender on the pick. Its all Romos fault. Dont get me wrong Im no Romo lover I think he will probably not win a SB and he crumbles in the playoffs but seriously this loss even with the pick was not his fault.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I'm calling Romo Mr. Dependable from now on.

The pathetic thing is that Dallas is still in 1st place in the NFC east at 2-3.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I enjoy a good Romo bashing as much as anyone.

But I can't do it.

You score 48 and lose?

You can't put the loss on the QB.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the ball is in his hand and worst case if he takes care of the ball is overtime, an interception that gives the other team the game winning score absolutely and completely puts the blame on the QB

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I enjoy a good Romo bashing as much as anyone.

But I can't do it.

You score 48 and lose?

You can't put the loss on the QB.

Just because he had a good game does not mean he can not be blamed... Now, i agree that it is not fair to blame him for losing this game, but when he constantly finds a way to lose, you can bring up that he did it again... No, this was not as bad as Matt schaub last week vs Seattle!! But he still made an error that lost the game... Any time you have the lead, no matter the score, and you make a mistake that allows the other team to get back in it or win the game, then you should be blamed for not doing enough to keep the lead or win...
If a starting pitcher pitches into the 9th with a Shutout, and his team is up 1-0, and then gives up a walk to the first batter and a HR to the next batter and loses the game 2-1, how can you not blame the pitcher?? Of course you would also blame the manager for keeping the pitcher in the game, and the offense for only scoring one run, but the pitcher gave up the runs and deserves the loss...

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First, as another poster said - this WAS a great game.

Second, I felt the real difference was Denver running the ball better than Dallas.

And lastly, yeah - Romo has a history of choking.

That being said, that was one hell of a play to grab that pick.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anytime an offense puts up 48 points they have done their job. No team should lose when the offense puts up that many points in the NFL as it happens only a handful of times a year. When the league average is 22.5 points a game and you more than double that as an offense that is pretty darn impressive.

Now yes he threw the interception that sealed the game but it was a great play by the defender making a leaping grab and Romo shouldn't have been in that situation in the first place. The defense didn't make the Broncos punt once all day. For this game I would put 95% of the blame on the defense and 5% on Romo for the loss in this one.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romo pulled a Playoff Peyton.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anytime an offense puts up 48 points they have done their job. No team should lose when the offense puts up that many points in the NFL as it happens only a handful of times a year. When the league average is 22.5 points a game and you more than double that as an offense that is pretty darn impressive.

Now yes he threw the interception that sealed the game but it was a great play by the defender making a leaping grab and Romo shouldn't have been in that situation in the first place. The defense didn't make the Broncos punt once all day. For this game I would put 95% of the blame on the defense and 5% on Romo for the loss in this one.

Their job is to win. If they had controlled the clock the whole game, the broncos wouldn't have put up as many points. It is a team game, and when the game is a shootout, you have to play up to it. If you're tied (regardless of if it's 100-100 or 0-0) and throw the interception that gives the other team the win, nothing up to that point really matters. You lost that game.

Plus romo has a long track record of the same shit, time and time again.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the ball is in his hand and worst case if he takes care of the ball is overtime, an interception that gives the other team the game winning score absolutely and completely puts the blame on the QB

I agree. Flip the script, let's say it's Manning with the ball there and the game tied and he throws the pick. He'd be getting criticized today, ESPECIALLY if it was a playoff game.

Romo had a great game...until he choked at the end. An interception in the 3rd quarter is forgivable. An interception deep in your own end of a tie game is not, no matter how well you've played up to that point.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First, as another poster said - this WAS a great game.

Second, I felt the real difference was Denver running the ball better than Dallas.

And lastly, yeah - Romo has a history of choking.

That being said, that was one hell of a play to grab that pick.

I think that's what's being overlooked mostly today. Travathan made an outstanding play for a linebacker.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a bad pick but the D has to make a stop at some point. This one will get pinned on Romo but the guy went toe to toe with Peyton and the unstoppable Broncos for the entire game. It's the D and not Romo who are at fault in this one.

mcro_rave_2001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a bad pick but the D has to make a stop at some point. This one will get pinned on Romo but the guy went toe to toe with Peyton and the unstoppable Broncos for the entire game. It's the D and not Romo who are at fault in this one.

I get that the defense didn't play well but did you really expect Denver not to score that much? Anyone with half a brain knew this game would be a shootout and Romo had a chance to win the shootout and choked.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that the defense didn't play well but did you really expect Denver not to score that much? Anyone with half a brain knew this game would be a shootout and Romo had a chance to win the shootout and choked.

Romo did exactly what he needed to throughout the game. If the Cowboys D holds the Broncos to a FG here or there they win the game. You don't have to completely shut down them down, just don't let them have their way with you.

antbone714

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about the Dallas defense actually makes a critical stop for once to help Romo out for a change!! He never gets the benefit of a 3 and out when it matters most.

mcro_rave_2001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romo did exactly what he needed to throughout the game. If the Cowboys D holds the Broncos to a FG here or there they win the game. You don't have to completely shut down them down, just don't let them have their way with you.

:omg::wtf2::omg::wtf2: ........yea that INT on his on 10 yard line is exactly what he needed to do.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Flip the script, let's say it's Manning with the ball there and the game tied and he throws the pick. He'd be getting criticized today, ESPECIALLY if it was a playoff game.

Romo had a great game...until he choked at the end. An interception in the 3rd quarter is forgivable. An interception deep in your own end of a tie game is not, no matter how well you've played up to that point.

Easy to say because that's what happened when he threw the pick vs. the Ravens last year in the AFCCG.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Actually they held the Broncos to 2 field goals, not including the last one. They also turned them over twice.