• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

An unbiased look at the 2019 Texas Longhorn schedule. mostly

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If their Running Back QB doesn't get hurt it will look like this.

W - Louisiana Tech

W - LSU

W - @ Rice

L - Oklahoma State

W - @ West Virginia

L - Oklahoma @ Dallas

W - Kansas

L - TCU

W - Kansas State

8-4 at best but good enough to come in 2nd in the Big XII

How far off am I???

L - @ Iowa State

W - @ Baylor

W - @ Texas Tech

DeafOranguntan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,105.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you're close to right in final record. I'll go with 9-3. I think UT beats TCU and Oklahoma State. However, I think they will lose to LSU, who could be their toughest opponent on their schedule (I know you'll disagree there - but I think LSU has a fantastic defense and a talented offense). I could see 8-4. However, I'd be surprised if they win more than 10 games, and think they'll be 2nd in the Big XII.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
https://athlonsports.com/college-fo...xas-which-team-should-be-big-12-favorite-2019
Oklahoma or Texas: Which Team Should be the Big 12 Favorite in 2019?

Texas_Lonhghorns_offense_los_Oklahoma_2018_0.jpg

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would take odds that someone other that OU and Texas win the Big 12. Both have huge question marks.

Texas: replacing pretty much the entire starting defense, sans the Safeties. Offense should actually improve, but they weren’t great last year. Losing most productive WR, but that is replaceable. 3 of the 5 OL return and they add Senior All-Acc OG as a transfer

OU: offensively they have questions. 4 NFL OL left, there is no way around that. Lost QB and best playmake at WR. Retain their best overall WR. Defense returns, despite OU fans objections.

I don’t see either as a legit playoff contender today. People can develop and teams can gel, but too many questions right now to by the hype on either

TechRaiderRider

Wreck Em!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If their Running Back QB doesn't get hurt it will look like this.

W - Louisiana Tech

W - LSU

W - @ Rice

L - Oklahoma State

W - @ West Virginia

L - Oklahoma @ Dallas

W - Kansas

L - TCU

W - Kansas State

8-4 at best but good enough to come in 2nd in the Big XII

How far off am I???

L - @ Iowa State

W - @ Baylor

W - @ Texas Tech
UT is at home against Tech this comin year -
last game of the reg season -
should be a great game
if our QB Bowman is still healthy at that point -

wreck em!!

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Given Herman’s track record, I see them more likely to lose the WTF? games as favorites.

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am looking forward to the Texas @ Iowa State game on 11/16. Sure hope it is a day game!

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would take odds that someone other that OU and Texas win the Big 12. Both have huge question marks.

Texas: replacing pretty much the entire starting defense, sans the Safeties. Offense should actually improve, but they weren’t great last year. Losing most productive WR, but that is replaceable. 3 of the 5 OL return and they add Senior All-Acc OG as a transfer

OU: offensively they have questions. 4 NFL OL left, there is no way around that. Lost QB and best playmake at WR. Retain their best overall WR. Defense returns, despite OU fans objections.

I don’t see either as a legit playoff contender today. People can develop and teams can gel, but too many questions right now to by the hype on either

Fortunately we’re hella talented at OL and our early schedule is pretty much cake. Won’t even remotely be tested till the cotton bowl and the big 12 is down across the league this year. I just don’t see anyone else rising up this season. Defense should only be better. Can’t get much worse. At least Grinch isn’t blowing smoke up peoples asses and making/allowing excuses.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They lose to Oklahoma State, Iowa State and Baylor

beat the rest

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fortunately we’re hella talented at OL and our early schedule is pretty much cake. Won’t even remotely be tested till the cotton bowl and the big 12 is down across the league this year. I just don’t see anyone else rising up this season. Defense should only be better. Can’t get much worse. At least Grinch isn’t blowing smoke up peoples asses and making/allowing excuses.

Can’t argue with any of that. Just a question of how long the OL takes and where they get to by the end. Like I said I think both have too many questions to put either in the top 10 today. We can revisit in Oct, when we aren’t blowing spring ball and $9.95er BS up each other’s ass

LongTimeSooner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  1. Oklahoma State is straight trash this year.
  2. The horns will lose to LSU pretty badly.
  3. Ehlinger misses at least one game due to injury.
  4. TTU and WVU beat the crap out of the horns this year.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  1. Oklahoma State is straight trash this year.
  2. The horns will lose to LSU pretty badly.
  3. Ehlinger misses at least one game due to injury.
  4. TTU and WVU beat the crap out of the horns this year.
So badically a normal season for Texas.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only game I see Texas possibly losing is the RRS but I don't think that happens either. LSU wont have enough offense, OU will be good but Corky says that Texas is back so I believe him and imo he will be the better fit with his team than Hurts will be with his and that will be the difference.
The conference has things about where they want it now with OU and Texas being relevant nationally so the other conference teams will get cheated regularly to keep it that way so imo no shot any any of the rest beating either one TBH.
8-9 wins aint enough, Texas COULD drop that RRS or the CCG to OU because of the rivalry factor but... I doubt it.

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think beating LSU will be crucial for prolonged success throughout the season.

I hope it doesn't happen.

giphy.gif

I think #50 is my favorite Maryland player.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This might be Texas' year. All that talent on offense and that blistering fast LB group, will make for a spectacular season. Look for the Horns to go 11-1 and make believers outta the haters.