• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

An Inconvenient Truth About Washington....

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should have a 1st rounder or two from Michigan !

Yeah. Will be interesting to see how it plays out. Peppers is pretty much gone even though he is a RS Sophomore. He will be a 1st round pick. I've seen Taco Charlton on many mock drafts as a 1st round pick and if Jourdan Lewis is as big as UM lists him (which I highly doubt) -- he can be a first round pick. If he slips to the 2nd round though -- I would LOVE the Lions to get him.

Two guys that will surprise and could end up in the top 2 rounds is Ryan Glasgow and Maurice Hurst.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we know it would be the best team they play all year :laugh3:
Of course there isn't any over ranked teams in the B1G. Let's see now ... Nebraska who was ranked 10th last week beat Oregon at home by a whopping 3 pts. Washington beat that same Oregon team two weeks later @ Autzen by a score of 70 - 21. Then you have badass Pedo U who lost to Pitt, barely got by powerhouse Temple and got boat raced by Michigan. The B1G West is one step above the SEC East then you have two decent teams in the B1G East ... UM and tOSU.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per ESPN: "Washington leads the nation in scoring (48 ppg), differential (+31.3 ppg) and TO margin (+22) during its 12-game winning streak."

miah

Well Hung Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course there isn't any over ranked teams in the B1G. Let's see now ... Nebraska who was ranked 10th last week beat Oregon at home by a whopping 3 pts. Washington beat that same Oregon team two weeks later @ Autzen by a score of 70 - 21. Then you have badass Pedo U who lost to Pitt, barely got by powerhouse Temple and got boat raced by Michigan. The B1G West is one step above the SEC East then you have two decent teams in the B1G East ... UM and tOSU.
Check mate annnnnd game!

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we not going to take into account bull shit TD's? Is it some sort of detriment that they gave up TD's when they were already up 30+ late in games?

You can do that with every team -- if you take out BS td's. UM has given up 23 points in B1G.

PSU was down 5 td's and backups were in the game when they scored their only TD against UM
MSU was down 3 td's and UM was running out the clock in the 4th quarter before they scored twice late to make it look remotely close
Illinois was down 6 td's and backups were in the game when they finally scored a TD late in the 4th quarter

So are you saying I can say UM is only giving up 3.8 ppg in B1G games?:yes:

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per ESPN: "Washington leads the nation in scoring (48 ppg), differential (+31.3 ppg) and TO margin (+22) during its 12-game winning streak."

Who leads the nation in scoring differential in 2016?

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Here is your issue with the Pac-12 -- if UM and tOSU are 'decent teams', what are the 'decent teams' in the Pac-12?

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can do that with every team -- if you take out BS td's. UM has given up 23 points in B1G.

PSU was down 5 td's and backups were in the game when they scored their only TD against UM
MSU was down 3 td's and UM was running out the clock in the 4th quarter before they scored twice late to make it look remotely close
Illinois was down 6 td's and backups were in the game when they finally scored a TD late in the 4th quarter

Yes, that's what I'm saying. When the opposition scores a TD down 40 late in a game, it's rendered meaningless. When Michigan has tried(playing starters) they've only giving 3.8 ppg in B1G games(although I may include the first MSU TD in the 4th). It's why just going off of ppg/ppg allowed is dumb. Michigan has given up 10.7 ppg this year, but their defense has performed way better than that number would suggest.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you are losing 3 for sure, with two other possibilities? If he has been killing it recruiting, it seems you would have guys ready to take over, plus 6-8 guys returning. Plus an offense with all of your weapons returning.

I will say this -- the Washington fan base is a confident bunch. In reality though -- there are very few schools who 'reload' instead of rebuild. Teams like Alabama and Ohio State reload -- because they have multiple years of top 5 recruiting classes. I'm hoping and praying someday UM will be able to do this, but I'd be foolish to say we won't see a big drop next year when we lose 15 or 16 starters, with only one full recruiting class for Harbaugh on the team.

What Washington has going for them is very good skill position players coming back on offense and your offense is what makes Washington as good as you are.

:stephena:

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't ask a question if you already know the answer. Unlike Harbaugh, Washington doesn't keep it cranked up the entire game. Harbaugh was a cvnt about that when he was at Stanford and Frisco.

College Football Stats - College FB Team Average Scoring Margin on TeamRankings.com

Just figured I'd point out what really matters, since you seemed to think anyone cares about last year.

And yeah -- Harbaugh has really cranked it up -- I guess that is why 9 different players have rushing TD's and 16 different guys record a carry and 8 different guys have receiving TD's.

We've had guys on Michigan score touchdowns this year I didn't even know they were on the team. Most games we've started emptying the bench midway thru the 3rd quarter. We literally brought in a white guy at RB and his 1st carry he broke off a 14 yard TD run. I didn't even know we had a white RB.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington and Utah would be my guess.

The same Utah who barely beat BYU, struggled against Oregon State, lost to Cal and gave up 45 points to UCLA, who was playing without Josh Rosen? That Utah?

If UM and OSU are 'decent' -- Utah isn't even in the same stratosphere.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes, you can, and it's relevant.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes -- if you have over half your starters returning -- you aren't rebuilding. Do you think honestly think you could do what OSU did when they lost 4 or 5 1st round draft picks and only had 7 returning starters total and have a top 5 team the majority of the year?

If you are losing 4, 5, 6 guys and have 16, 17, 18 returning -- that isn't rebuilding. Teams like Bama and OSU can do this. Mack Wilson is listed as their 3rd string WLB (freshman 5 star recruit), Da'Shaun Hand is listed as 2nd string DE (was the #2 or #3 recruit in the country, 5 star) Teams like that have 5 star recruits backing up their starters (Bama more than anyone else)

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone has to explain the plays to the other RBs, don't they?

In all honesty -- I had walked outside and got a update on my phone and saw a name I had never heard of scoring a TD and thought UM had lost the shutout. I came inside to rewind and see what happened and it was a white guy running it in. I was laughing my ass off.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, you can, and it's relevant.

Can I also count the points scored against us when we were missing 2 of our best players on defense and 3 starters total?

I'm thinking I can get Michigan's PPG down to under 3 a game, as Jourdan Lewis and Taco Charlton didn't even play in our 1st 3 games.:yes:

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can I also count the points scored against us when we were missing 2 of our best players on defense and 3 starters total?

I'm thinking I can get Michigan's PPG down to under 3 a game, as Jourdan Lewis and Taco Charlton didn't even play in our 1st 3 games.:yes:
You're a michigan fan, you can count however you want to.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're a michigan fan, you can count however you want to.

I don't want it down to 3 as a Michigan fan. I want to know what acceptable to count and not to count as a football fan.