• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

America's Team Hate and Smacktalk thread

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skins played the worst half of football I've seen in quite some time. Remains to be seen what the rest of the year holds. Packers will be a tough game but not a guaranteed loss.

Maybe, just maybe you should give Philly credit for the worst half of football you've seen in awhile.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they do, they do.

Dallas finally was able to beat the Giants in their own yard. Remains to be seen if that means much over the long haul. Dallas usually starts strong and falls flat on their face at the end of the year. So we'll see if that trend plays out like it usually does.

I wasn't outright impressed with any of the NFC East teams in week one.

And the Skins uaually end up in the cellar. It remains to be seen if last year was a fluke or not.

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe, just maybe you should give Philly credit for the worst half of football you've seen in awhile.

They played well, never said they didn't. Maybe you could take what I said in context?

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand that, but realize that we are passionate about our teams and we will defend the flag at all costs even if it resorts to personal attacks. These things happen in real life. I fight with real life Pittsburgh fans, Redskin fans, Eagle fans, etc. etc.. Personal attacks at the water cooler is real life stuff. No different than what we do on here. There are real life Eastbays and you can't just go to your boss and have them fired because they are bashing your team or your QB.

All this is just the type of affect this sport has on millions of people. Just don't cry about being attacked when you can attack with the best of them and please don't try to pretend like you are objective and only want civility. Just stick to your guns and be yourself. We all know you are as much of a Washington homer as we are Cowboy homers.

You can be passionate about your team without insulting someone's wife, livelyhood, namecalling and all the other crap along those lines. That's where I'd like things to be. I don't think it's really asking for much.

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So your not playing the excuse card?

How is it an excuse to say the team played like shit? They did, in fact, play like shit. As I said, quite possibly the worst half of football I've witnessed.

Last edited by a moderator:

apratt21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So your not playing the excuse card?

We don't make excuses. The Eagles caught us by surprise and RG3 was in his first real action. Not excuses... facts. If we play like we did in that 1st half we won't win a single game but I think our real team showed up in the 2nd and we'll be just fine. Dallas played good and has an easier schedule so hang your hopes on that. In the playoffs anything can happen and usually does.

If you all can stay healthy you have an excellent chance to win division with that schedule, but in a full 16 game season anything can happen and usually does.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles caught us by surprise and RG3 was in his first real action

Because Shanahan wanted it that way with RG3

Blame the coach not the player he is the 1 responsible for RG3 being rusty

Eagles did not catch u by surprise your coaching staff was unprepared IMHO and used poor judgement in the way they handled the Injury recovery of your star QB by not playing him in the preseason. He is ready or he is not Right?

JMHO

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is it an excuse to say the team played like shit? They did, in fact, play like shit. As I said, quite possibly the worst half of football I've witnessed.

By simply saying they played like shit and not give credit to the other team for maybe causing that shit play sounds like an excuse to me.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't make excuses. The Eagles caught us by surprise and RG3 was in his first real action. Not excuses... facts. If we play like we did in that 1st half we won't win a single game but I think our real team showed up in the 2nd and we'll be just fine. Dallas played good and has an easier schedule so hang your hopes on that. In the playoffs anything can happen and usually does.

If you all can stay healthy you have an excellent chance to win division with that schedule, but in a full 16 game season anything can happen and usually does.

Those are both excuses and completely taking any credit away from the Eagles.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles caught us by surprise and RG3 was in his first real action

Because Shanahan wanted it that way with RG3

Blame the coach not the player he is the 1 responsible for RG3 being rusty

Eagles did not catch u by surprise your coaching staff was unprepared IMHO and used poor judgement in the way they handled the Injury recovery of your star QB by not playing him in the preseason. He is ready or he is not Right?

JMHO

Hell they had a whole thread about how their special defense designed just for the Eagles New Offense, was ready to handle whatever Chip brought. But yet the Eagles surprised them.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Our schedules are virtually the same. One game difference besides our head to head matchups

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell they had a whole thread about how their special defense designed just for the Eagles New Offense, was ready to handle whatever Chip brought. But yet the Eagles surprised them.

they had a thread before the game to predict the score. Looked like nobody considered RG3 hadn't played....least based on the scores.

Fact is......philly kicked their ass all over the field for 30 minutes....the skins were lucky to have 7 points

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our schedules are virtually the same. One game difference besides our head to head matchups

there sure as hell isn't that much difference and this guy has no clue it comes with winning a division.

typical redskin fan....making the schedule an issue after week one.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they do, they do.

Dallas finally was able to beat the Giants in their own yard. Remains to be seen if that means much over the long haul. Dallas usually starts strong and falls flat on their face at the end of the year. So we'll see if that trend plays out like it usually does.

I wasn't outright impressed with any of the NFC East teams in week one.

That could be in due part to having to play road games in the season finale but idk, maybe I'm just making excuses. The one time Dallas had a home game with NFCE or playoff rights on the line, they won the game. What a coincidence. Usually teams that have home field in those situations should win. The games where they fell "flat on their faces," they were an underdog in each. Losing at home in a divisional playoff like Dallas did in 2007 is falling flat on your face. Losing in Minnesota after a playoff win the way Dallas did is falling flat on your face. An 8-7 team losing on the road in a game they aren't favored in is not falling flat on their faces. But hey, the rules that apply to the Cowboys don't apply to other teams like the Redskins. Who have actually been worse than the Cowboys at the end of seasons in recent memory.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In one post, you talked about how the NFL changes every year, using Buffalo as an example. And yet, when talking of the Cowboys, you said they ''finally'' beat the Giants(in week 1) and talked about how they ''usually'' fall on their face. You use one argument to defend your Redskins when they get thumped by a team that sucked last year, but wont let us use the same theory to praise our teams win

You really can't expect him to ever praise a Cowboys win. The Cowboys could lose in the SB and he would still say they fell flat on their faces.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys, I think I'm going to take this entire thread down. It leads to bad stuff. We need to just ask people not to troll or talk trash here, and if they do I'll just remove it. Too much heated stuff going on and escalates here.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really can't expect him to ever praise a Cowboys win. The Cowboys could lose in the SB and he would still say they fell flat on their faces.

BUT...that's everyone else's fault. He's pretty much a victim on these boards. Take a look at the smack thread on the skins board. Bovey, Mitsman and reptec pretty much baited fordman and whined of foul play.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also said pretty clearly that you can't tell who's going to be good or bad based off of one game. Definitely not game one of the regular season. Buffalo and the Eagles looked better than expected in week one. But... it's week one.

I haven't done a single thing to defend the Redskins. Thought I said that they played the single worst half of football I have seen in a very long time.

Looks like you're reaching.

You are right, but I'd bet money that 98% of Washington fans including you had this Eagle game as a circled win. It was just too darn bad this time you weren't facing the Eagles with Nick Foles and a bunch of garbage cans like last season.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys, I think I'm going to take this entire thread down. It leads to bad stuff. We need to just ask people not to troll or talk trash here, and if they do I'll just remove it. Too much heated stuff going on and escalates here.

Ford. Please don't do that. At least it keeps the rest of the board relatively litter free.