• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

America's Team Hate and Smacktalk thread

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BUT...that's everyone else's fault. He's pretty much a victim on these boards. Take a look at the smack thread on the skins board. Bovey, Mitsman and reptec pretty much baited fordman and whined of foul play.

:laugh3:

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles caught us by surprise and RG3 was in his first real action

Because Shanahan wanted it that way with RG3

Blame the coach not the player he is the 1 responsible for RG3 being rusty

Eagles did not catch u by surprise your coaching staff was unprepared IMHO and used poor judgement in the way they handled the Injury recovery of your star QB by not playing him in the preseason. He is ready or he is not Right?

JMHO
:agree:

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't make excuses. The Eagles caught us by surprise and RG3 was in his first real action. Not excuses... facts. If we play like we did in that 1st half we won't win a single game but I think our real team showed up in the 2nd and we'll be just fine. Dallas played good and has an easier schedule so hang your hopes on that. In the playoffs anything can happen and usually does.

If you all can stay healthy you have an excellent chance to win division with that schedule, but in a full 16 game season anything can happen and usually does.

RG3's last TD pass would have been picked off by the majority of starting safeties in the NFL. Terrible floater ball that should have easily been picked off but was horribly misplayed by Patrick Chung. That's why watching the games is more important than looking at a stat sheet. No problem with Redskin fans seeing the glass half-full about their team, but I felt the need to point this out because you guys seemed to be a little too inspired by the way Washington played to end the game when in reality RG3 didn't look right even when they were scoring points.

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RG3's last TD pass would have been picked off by the majority of starting safeties in the NFL. Terrible floater ball that should have easily been picked off but was horribly misplayed by Patrick Chung. That's why watching the games is more important than looking at a stat sheet. No problem with Redskin fans seeing the glass half-full about their team, but I felt the need to point this out because you guys seemed to be a little too inspired by the way Washington played to end the game when in reality RG3 didn't look right even when they were scoring points.
While I'm glad they showed they have some stones and battled back to kinda make it interesting there is no way around it they got clown stomped by IMO an inferior team and that's not good. If they somehow get by GB this week it won't matter but 0-2 is staring them in the face if they play anywhere near the way they played last week.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I'm glad they showed they have some stones and battled back to kinda make it interesting there is no way around it they got clown stomped by IMO an inferior team and that's not good. If they somehow get by GB this week it won't matter but 0-2 is staring them in the face if they play anywhere near the way they played last week.

The Skins/Pack game is off my betting list. Two good teams that lost the week before playing each other makes it very hard to handicap.

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Skins/Pack game is off my betting list. Two good teams that lost the week before playing each other makes it very hard to handicap.
I'd like the skins chances better had GB won last week. I'm going to pick the skins in pickem but wouldn't bet a Big Mac on it

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

gotta say...in today's NFL. Nothing is for sure. Nothing say's after 3 weeks, Washington isn't 2-1 and Dallas 1-2. I don't think either team is an established league winner and or contender.

Pretty much just one week played and another adventure in another 4 days

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gotta say...in today's NFL. Nothing is for sure. Nothing say's after 3 weeks, Washington isn't 2-1 and Dallas 1-2. I don't think either team is an established league winner and or contender.

Pretty much just one week played and another adventure in another 4 days
Agree but I wish they were playing Jax or Oakland this week instead of heading to Lambeau.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like the skins chances better had GB won last week. I'm going to pick the skins in pickem but wouldn't bet a Big Mac on it

I'd like to give you the same advice I gave Caliskinfan. Bet against the Skins. Keep in mind I have nothing to base this on other than being a smart ass. Tell you one thing that is a game I'll be watching

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't make excuses. The Eagles caught us by surprise and RG3 was in his first real action. Not excuses... facts.[/U]

OK...as long as you don't make EXCUSES like saying you were caught by surprise or that your QB was in his first game back or anything like that...

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ford. Please don't do that. At least it keeps the rest of the board relatively litter free.

Yeah. Maybe I'll just take this one down and start a new one. A place to shoot the breeze but personal attacks still aren't allowed.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
would statements like the following examples be considered personal attacks?

clueless
outta your mind
don't know your ass from a hole in the ground
your opinion impresses you
onward through the fog
your lace panties wadded
you're an opinion based on an opinion
cue the circus music
LOL at you

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

clueless
outta your mind
onward through the fog
your lace panties wadded
cue the circus music
LOL at you

LOL,

I have to believe it would all depend on how thin skin the recipient is. I guess I have to stop calling people trolls. That always same to get under the skin.

Maybe we need an League approved statement list.
In addition those mentioned by PDay I'd like to include

"You are Simply Amazing"

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL,

I have to believe it would all depend on how thin skin the recipient is. I guess I have to stop calling people trolls. That always same to get under the skin.

Maybe we need an League approved statement list.
In addition those mentioned by PDay I'd like to include

"You are Simply Amazing"
how about adding
Ignorance is bliss

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about everyone else: I am sick of the refs screwing us over. Cruz did not control the ball when he reached for one of his touchdowns Sunday night. By rule it should have been an INCOMPLETE PASS!!!!!! Mara has the zebras in his hip pocket

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fordman I really hope you keep this thread.

gonna be comments in almost every thread that are rude or on that line .....

This thread is an easy way for no one to have an excuse for it to go to far on another thread. Just my two cents

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about everyone else: I am sick of the refs screwing us over. Cruz did not control the ball when he reached for one of his touchdowns Sunday night. By rule it should have been an INCOMPLETE PASS!!!!!! Mara has the zebras in his hip pocket

I have to disagree. Cruz caught and controlled the ball at the 1yard line. Yes as he reached for the goal line the ball looked a little lose but he still had it in his hand as the ball crossed the plain of the goal line. As soon as it crossed the line it wsa a TD. I try real hard not over react at the bad calls because they tend to pretty much even out by seasons end. I do think we end up on the wrong side of bad calls, but it's not like the bad calls for/against us is in the 60/40 range. It's probably more like 52/48. If this team could somehow eliminate a lot of their dumb penalties, maybe the refs cut us a few breaks.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hmm leave this thread up it is the smack talking kvetching whining thread

How about Fanboys Romo Slurpers, sunshine and rainbows, or about anything else Frye comes up with

Leave the thread up it takes the BS away from the forum IMHO

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

clueless
outta your mind
onward through the fog
your lace panties wadded
cue the circus music
LOL at you

LOL, it depends on teh context. If you are talking to one of us that we know you are just being the Pday we know, then they are fine. If out of the blue to someone who doesn't know how things work, they could get perturbed by it.