• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

America's Team Hate and Smacktalk thread

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't remember many outside of Dallas giving us even a shot to make the playoffs. So making the playoffs will be big, but I'm with you guys...get me a playoff win and that equals a successful season to me. WHat a low bar I've set for my team :L

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No big deal. Still plenty of time for you guys to laugh at the Cowboys like you always do when we are eliminated from contention. Only way y'all don't laugh at us is if we win the SB. Lord knows that's not happening with the way this team has looked this year. I'd be happy with just one playoff win.

I'd be happy to just be competitive for 60 minutes, lol. It's hard for me to remember a year, when I didn't see the skins play at least 1 complete game, win or lose. I think that's the hardest thing for me to stomach. I can handle the losses, I've watched this team through too many losing seasons to count. This just feel different. I can only hope to see some life in the last 4 games.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't remember many outside of Dallas giving us even a shot to make the playoffs. So making the playoffs will be big, but I'm with you guys...get me a playoff win and that equals a successful season to me. WHat a low bar I've set for my team :L

Yeah, the NFCeast is in a sad state. Skins are in their usual state. How the mighty have fallen in terms of expectations, indeed.

But, the Boys have a great chance to change the narrative for the team in big games. Who knows, this could finally be the year. Having the chance is the thing you play for, and y'all have that.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Yeah, the NFCeast is in a sad state"

well this coming week may prove the NFC North is a sadder state

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be happy to just be competitive for 60 minutes, lol. It's hard for me to remember a year, when I didn't see the skins play at least 1 complete game, win or lose. I think that's the hardest thing for me to stomach. I can handle the losses, I've watched this team through too many losing seasons to count. This just feel different. I can only hope to see some life in the last 4 games.

Looks to me like it might be time for the skins to blow the whole thing up.

Davis doesn't want to be there..... and damn how does he drop that late pass.
Garson seems disguested with RG3 ( hence kicking the ball) And what the hell was that at the end of the game ... just let the defender take the ball away .... didnt look to me like he was even trying to fight for it.

Your best player on defense is going to retire. And Hall gets dumber every game. Not looking good for the skins especially not having a #1 pick. No #1 receivers in free agency this year....

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Yeah, the NFCeast is in a sad state"

well this coming week may prove the NFC North is a sadder state

Honestly, I've never bought into this drivel that this is the worst division in football, though my skins may indeed ultimately prove they are PLAYING the worst football in the league. Media loves to over hype our division and it's teams, for good or bad. Sells copy, that's for sure. I just laugh.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I've never bought into this drivel that this is the worst division in football, though my skins may indeed ultimately prove they are PLAYING the worst football in the league. Media loves to over hype our division and it's teams, for good or bad. Sells copy, that's for sure. I just laugh.

no question the east is down....just look at the defenses. None are good

then I looked at the North, mirror of the east to me

biggest concern I have as a cowboy fan with regards to Washington?
they fire their head coach
really!
:suds:

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks to me like it might be time for the skins to blow the whole thing up.

Davis doesn't want to be there..... and damn how does he drop that late pass.
Garson seems disguested with RG3 ( hence kicking the ball) And what the hell was that at the end of the game ... just let the defender take the ball away .... didnt look to me like he was even trying to fight for it.

Your best player on defense is going to retire. And Hall gets dumber every game. Not looking good for the skins especially not having a #1 pick. No #1 receivers in free agency this year....

I have to disagree with you on this. Blowing up the team does nothing, but set us back even further. That said, some major changes need to occur. If you read the skins board at all, you know my opinions on what has to change. We have a core group of players on offense and defense to build upon. We can fill some holes next year and things should improve. There are things to be optimistic about, even tho, it looks mighty grim at this moment in time.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to disagree with you on this. Blowing up the team does nothing, but set us back even further. That said, some major changes need to occur. If you read the skins board at all, you know my opinions on what has to change. We have a core group of players on offense and defense to build upon. We can fill some holes next year and things should improve. There are things to be optimistic about, even tho, it looks mighty grim at this moment in time.

Kyle seems to be your biggest problem on offense...... and he's not going anywhere til Daddy does

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no question the east is down....just look at the defenses. None are good

then I looked at the North, mirror of the east to me

biggest concern I have as a cowboy fan with regards to Washington?
they fire their head coach
really!

Lmao! That's what skins fans say about Jerry, Romo and JG. Personally, I think the biggest issue will always be Jerry for the boys. Skins need an effective GM, so do the boys.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyle seems to be your biggest problem on offense...... and he's not going anywhere til Daddy does

There is definitely a disconnect going on currently on offense. Don't think it's all on Kyle. Players have to execute as well. That said, I agree with you, Kyle's not going anywhere, if dad stays. Who knows, maybe play calling responsibilities will shift.

Thing that scares me the most in all this is, what will Snyder do? That is the elephant in the franchise.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is definitely a disconnect going on currently on offense. Don't think it's all on Kyle. Players have to execute as well. That said, I agree with you, Kyle's not going anywhere, if dad stays. Who knows, maybe play calling responsibilities will shift.

Thing that scares me the most in all this is, what will Snyder do? That is the elephant in the franchise.

Well he got a few dollars to spend this offseason..... So history says he will break the bank on another player or two that wont come in and perform :laugh3:

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a feeling that if/when Snyder sends Shanahan packing he will return to him having more control. I think he'll see it as "I tried letting a football guy run MY team and it failed. Now it's back to the what I want"

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a feeling that if/when Snyder sends Shanahan packing he will return to him having more control. I think he'll see it as "I tried letting a football guy run MY team and it failed. Now it's back to the what I want"

Him and Jerry seem to have alot in common other than age.

They both piss away draft picks for players than under perform if not all out bust ( Our Roy Williams ... for them Haynesworth)

Neither is ever going to step back for long ....

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well he got a few dollars to spend this offseason..... So history says he will break the bank on another player or two that wont come in and perform :laugh3:

That's my biggest fear indeed. Wish I could be laughing about it as much as you. History if not remembered, does indeed, tend to repeat itself. Look no further than your own owner. I'm trying to stay optimistic about how we handle this. Time will tell, if Snyder has learned to be smarter.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They both piss away draft picks for players than under perform if not all out bust ( Our Roy Williams ... for them Haynesworth)

Exactly, lol! Typed the same thoughts, at almost the same time.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Really don't see much alike with these two.....never have. Rich is Rich.
Danny is a wannabe jerry and a longtime butt hurt redskin fan obsessed with all that is Dallas.
Jerry, like the cowboy management before Jerry always saw the BIG PICTURE and Washington was just a stepping stone along the way. Would Jerry ever say this?

"I will say, however, that I like to think of myself as being a compassionate person, except toward the Dallas Cowboys.” - Daniel Snyder

http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=4097821

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really don't see much alike with these two.....never have. Rich is Rich.
Danny is a wannabe jerry and a longtime butt hurt redskin fan obsessed with all that is Dallas.
Jerry, like the cowboy management before Jerry always saw the BIG PICTURE and Washington was just a stepping stone along the way. Would Jerry ever say this?

"I will say, however, that I like to think of myself as being a compassionate person, except toward the Dallas Cowboys.” - Daniel Snyder

http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=4097821

Rich may be rich, but characteristics like meddlesome, intractability about personal (and personnel) decisions to the detriment of the "big picture", attraction to flashy and expensive FAs, a mentality that money fixes most everything and egocentric also come to mind as similarities to me.

I won't even touch your Butthurt Redskin fan comment about Snyder. Lol, he could be, I guess. But he and Jerry are awful chummy regarding certain business decisions, look no further than the cap penalties.

I see 2 owners who too often think they know best when it comes to football decisions and both throw $$$ and overrule common sense too many times.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rich may be rich, but characteristics like meddlesome, intractability about personal (and personnel) decisions to the detriment of the "big picture", attraction to flashy and expensive FAs, a mentality that money fixes most everything and egocentric also come to mind as similarities to me.

I won't even touch your Butthurt Redskin fan comment about Snyder. Lol, he could be, I guess. But he and Jerry are awful chummy regarding certain business decisions, look no further than the cap penalties.

I see 2 owners who too often think they know best when it comes to football decisions and both throw $$$ and overrule common sense too many times.

I think we're both right with the stated opinions.