• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

America's Team Hate and Smacktalk thread

Mitziman

i know you don't like to hear the truth, but...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
don't go away mad....just go the fuck away

you have zero credibility.
you are a pep squad member with a set of pom poms.

Really PDay, that's the best you got?

I don't put you in that "special" class of fans, because I think you've been a Cowboy fan before the Jerry era. But, most of the ones that are crying about Jerry, more than likely became Cowboy fans in the early 90's... when they started winning.

Just a hunch. Whatcha think?

LongHairedTimmeh

Bancroft Hall, USNA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ones that do, are what makes today's Cowboy fans so very special. They need to kiss the ground Jerry walks on IMO. Because without Jerry, the Cowboys might be looking for their next Super Bowl win since 77'... instead of 97'.

Dallas' last SB championship was in '95, with the team that Johnson built. However, the wheels came off quickly and the era of mediocrity began. I understand that Jerry has three SBs as an owner (albeit early in the era of Jones), but I assert that the longer Jones remains so entrenched in football operations -- as opposed to being an owner who employs the best football people to run the team -- the longer Dallas will remain an also ran. What say you?

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really PDay, that's the best you got?

I don't put you in that "special" class of fans, because I think you've been a Cowboy fan before the Jerry era. But, most of the ones that are crying about Jerry, more than likely became Cowboy fans in the early 90's... when they started winning.

Just a hunch. Whatcha think?

disagree.....My sons didn't see staubach play but the know the 20 consecutive winning seasons. They know about Landry, Tex and Gil. They know the history and they know that ain't jerry. I do not think they are alone. The question was about mediocrity. these are the dark times in Dallas history and that has everything to do with GM Jerry Jones

Mitziman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
disagree.....My sons didn't see staubach play but the know the 20 consecutive winning seasons. They know about Landry, Tex and Gil. They know the history and they know that ain't jerry. I do not think they are alone. The question was about mediocrity. these are the dark times in Dallas history and that has everything to do with GM Jerry Jones

Again, PDay try to keep up...I don't put you, or your sons who obviously have been influenced by their father, in that "special" category because I believe you have been a fan before the Jerry era.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, PDay try to keep up...I don't put you, or your sons who obviously have been influenced by their father, in that "special" category because I believe you have been a fan before the Jerry era.

you didn't lose me

you are talking about the cowboy fans you see around the country....that is the minority.
The majority of Dallas fans are not band wagon fans because of a 4 year period

Mitziman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you didn't lose me

you are talking about the cowboy fans you see around the country....that is the minority.
The majority of Dallas fans are not band wagon fans because of a 4 year period

Really, Pday? Cowboy fans "around the country" and, that would be the minority? Last I checked, the Cowboys were the most popular team in the country...are they not?

Maybe, I will just throw underhanded to you next time.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really, Pday? Cowboy fans "around the country" and, that would be the minority? Last I checked, the Cowboys were the most popular team in the country...are they not?

Let's take the troll feeling out of your theory. If these so called new fans are simply band wagon jumpers wouldn't they have leaped over to the Pat's, Ravens, or Giants by now. I will grant you the early 90's may have brought in new fans but I'm pretty sure the majority of them were around 6 years old at the time. Additionally SB wins or not in the 90's some of those same "Band Wagon" fans would still have became Cowboy fans. Can you do me a favor and tell me what sports team had a local sports reporter kick off a band wagon series in their local paper?

Mitziman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's take the troll feeling out of your theory. If these so called new fans are simply band wagon jumpers wouldn't they have leaped over to the Pat's, Ravens, or Giants by now. I will grant you the early 90's may have brought in new fans but I'm pretty sure the majority of them were around 6 years old at the time. Additionally SB wins or not in the 90's some of those same "Band Wagon" fans would still have became Cowboy fans. Can you do me a favor and tell me what sports team had a local sports reporter kick off a band wagon series in their local paper?

How old are you Manster? I'm guessing between 39-42?

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

which is why I started this exchange with pep squad member.
You're fishing big time. Come on down to Texas. I'll take you out to a couple of drinking holes and you and bounce your theory on them

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Make no mistake PDay, I don't like you"

:lol: 6 weeks ago and here you are still seeking my opinion.

you are what you are and ain't what you ain't

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How old are you Manster? I'm guessing between 39-42?

You guessed wrong. I'm 49. Now how old are you? Also can you answer the Band Wagon question?

And incase you are trying to hint I became a fan of the Cowboys in the early 90's again you are wrong. I became a Cowboy fan in 1969/70. Never waivered one bit.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,057.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now Manster you know it is not right to bring up logic when debating with trollism.
Since he says we are mediocre since 96' & we all know Bandwagon fans stick with long term mediocre teams. I says why not let him contradict himself. he is doing a fine job shooting holes in his own argument.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,057.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ones that do, are what makes today's Cowboy fans so very special. They need to kiss the ground Jerry walks on IMO. Because without Jerry, the Cowboys might be looking for their next Super Bowl win since 77'... instead of 97'.
Jerry is/would be an excellent owner/GM in an uncapped era. His ego would allow him to spend whatever it took to create a dynasty. In the Salary cap era. Not so much.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that is what I don't get about people who say that Dallas just has a lot of bandwagon fans. They are also the people that point out that Dallas hasn't done jack-shit in almost two decades. They want to have it both ways, they want to belittle a team and their fans and then turn around and say those fans are all bandwagon/fair-weather fans.

So tell me, what kind of bandwagon fan jumps on a team and then sticks with them through the tough times for 15 years? If all those fans we have are bandwagon, then they would have bailed by now.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calling Todays Cowboy fans bandwagon is like calling Cubs fans Bandwagon fans

Cant get and dumbber than that

misspelled on ^^^^^ purpose for the sarcastically challenged among us

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've got the Skins at 9-7, Earl.

You and the skins better hurry.

My JULY win prediction of 6 looks to be generous at this time. Now your left tackle say's the refs are calling him names? Pitch a tent over that circus that you guys talked the next 10 years about. The Rams sure do thank you. Funny how 6 months can change everything. Now it's debatable if RG3 is worlds better than even Bradford.

What's Bob's record as a starting QB?

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone talking about another choke by RG3? :ss:

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You and the skins better hurry.

My JULY win prediction of 6 looks to be generous at this time. Now your left tackle say's the refs are calling him names? Pitch a tent over that circus that you guys talked the next 10 years about. The Rams sure do thank you. Funny how 6 months can change everything. Now it's debatable if RG3 is worlds better than even Bradford.

What's Bob's record as a starting QB?

:laugh3: