• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

America's Team Hate and Smacktalk thread

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They did? They didn't stop Dallas all day. The onside kick was a good call. If it had worked, your whole board would have said great call

I thought there was too much time left to do that. That ended the game right there.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought there was too much time left to do that. That ended the game right there.
I thought they were going to need a change of possession at some point, I figured they'd have a better chance there than in the last two minutes with the hands team set up. That's what Dallas needs to take it to the next level, some impact defenders. It's amazing that we have averaged over 30 a game the last four games without the defense generating a single turnover. That is a dominant offense.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Donte Whitner on the Cowboys: 'They're very frustrating' to play against
Whitner lamented how difficult it is to stop the Cowboys' offense

The Dallas Cowboys are 10-1 and riding high atop the NFC and the entire NFLafter defeating Washington, 31-26, on Thanksgiving. You don't get to 10-1 without making some opponents hate the very thought of playing against you along the way, and that's apparently exactly what the Cowboys have done this year. Just ask Washington safety Donte Whitner.

"They're very frustrating. You have a lot of quarterbacks in the National Football League that take chances with the football and [you] get the opportunity for interceptions," Whitner said, per the Dallas Morning News. "To put the ball on the ground when you get to them, when you sack them. This quarterback doesn't do that. ... That's why he's playing so well. He understands situations, he's not trying to turn the football over, and he's taking this opportunity and running with it."

Defensive end Chris Baker echoed those thoughts.

"[Dak Prescott] showed a lot of poise, made the plays that he was supposed to make whether it was using his feet or making that perfect throw in the corner," Baker said. "He did what he had to do to win the game. That's why their record is the way they are. They can run with Dak, they can pass with him, give it to [Ezekiel Elliott]. They're 10-1 for a reason."

Record aside, one can see why it would be very frustrating for a defense to play against these Cowboys. Prescott does not give very many opportunities for turnovers. In 11 games, he's been intercepted twice and lost three fumbles. He's completing 68 percent of his passes for 8.3 yards per attempt. When it gets to third down and you think you have a chance to take the ball away from Dallas, Dak is 62 of 93 for 796 yards, with 47 of those completions resulting in first downs, four resulting in touchdowns and just one being picked.

And, as Baker alluded to, Prescott may not even be the best rookie on the offense. Elliott is leading the NFL in carries, rushing yards, yards from scrimmage, and total touchdowns. Among the 28 running backs with at least 100 carries this season, he ranks fourth in yards per carry. Among the 32 running backs with at least 20 catches this season, he ranks second in yards per reception. He hasn't run for less than 92 yards since Week 2, when he ran for 83. He's 12 for 17 picking up first downs on third- or fourth-and-short, and he has seven second-half rushing touchdowns.

The Cowboys have the rare offense that is both efficient (No. 1 in DVOA) and explosive (third in big-play percentage) and because of that, it just seems like they always have the ball. (They do lead the NFL in time of possession at nearly 34 minutes a game.) When you can't take the ball away from them and you can't easily stop them from throwing or running, it's easy to see why teams like Washington could grow frustrated. Kirk Cousins led his team to three touchdown drives in the fourth quarter of the Thanksgiving game alone, and it just didn't matter. Dallas had two touchdown drives of its own and then just ran out the clock.

GET USED TO IT CHRIS AND DONTE', GOING TO BE THAT WAY FOR AWHILE!

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GET USED TO IT CHRIS AND DONTE', GOING TO BE THAT WAY FOR AWHILE!

Not many have appreciated what Romo has done for the Cowboys as much me. He was a great QB. Kept us somewhat relevant. Broke many records. But....teams were accustomed to Romo turning the ball over. Now you see Dak and it's drastically different. It's like the 2014 offense but with less turnovers. Even when Romo took the league by storm in 2007 with a 13-3 record, he was still throwing a lot of interceptions. He had 19 I believe and also 10 fumbles. Dak is taking the league by storm and doing it while taking care of the football. Which is why this Cowboy team is much more likely to advance to the NFC Championship than any Cowboy team in the last 20 years. The accident waiting to happen Cowboys are almost gone. Of course something bad could still happen, but this is already different than the Romo years. This offense scores points and protects the football. If they continue to do it, they should at least win a playoff game and host the NFC Championship.

Not that I'm saying the Cowboys are winning the SB, but the Cowboys have always won SBs with a QB like Prescott. Never won one with the Romos or Danny Whites. They always won with the Staubach/Aikman kind of guys who didn't put up the best stats, but were clutch, didn't turn the ball over, and put the ball in the right player's hands when it mattered most. Dak has been pretty much doing that all year. I hope he continues it in the playoffs.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not many have appreciated what Romo has done for the Cowboys as much me. He was a great QB. Kept us somewhat relevant. Broke many records. But....teams were accustomed to Romo turning the ball over. Now you see Dak and it's drastically different. It's like the 2014 offense but with less turnovers. Even when Romo took the league by storm in 2007 with a 13-3 record, he was still throwing a lot of interceptions. He had 19 I believe and also 10 fumbles. Dak is taking the league by storm and doing it while taking care of the football. Which is why this Cowboy team is much more likely to advance to the NFC Championship than any Cowboy team in the last 20 years. The accident waiting to happen Cowboys are almost gone. Of course something bad could still happen, but this is already different than the Romo years. This offense scores points and protects the football. If they continue to do it, they should at least win a playoff game and host the NFC Championship.

Not that I'm saying the Cowboys are winning the SB, but the Cowboys have always won SBs with a QB like Prescott. Never won one with the Romos or Danny Whites. They always won with the Staubach/Aikman kind of guys who didn't put up the best stats, but were clutch, didn't turn the ball over, and put the ball in the right player's hands when it mattered most. Dak has been pretty much doing that all year. I hope he continues it in the playoffs.
2 Ints after 11 games for a rookie is just insane.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, why would I make a bet when Redskins have the hardest schedule in the east this year and Dallas the weakest. Guys, you're not dealing with a scrub here. I make my money by being the smartest guy in the room and to tell ya a lil secret I'm quite rich... rich with football knowledge too. Try that bet on Mcmalco,, he'll fall for it.

It's not that Im worried about my team I think they will fair just fine when all is said and done It just not a fair bet. The only bet that is fair is a head to head where we could split for even or one of us wins 2-0 for the grand prize. I'm not worried about losing the bet,, if I do I pay up and move on... Life can be simple if you don't take it to serious. Another rule momma taught me.

I tell ya what UK,,,, I will bet you on our games head 2 head,,, the loser of week 2 still has one shot at a tie on thanksgiving. If a loser is determined upon that time than that person will have to stay away from SportsHoopla for the duration of their teams season,,, if either team makes playoffs than the loser will have to honor bet all the way until Super Bowl is over if their team is so lucky... the duration of the teams season. Fordman Im sure can check to see if one of us welches,,,or the masses here will see anyway and that won't be cool. I assure you I won't welch. Not my style. I'm not concerned that he is your mod... I believe he is a fair guy and watch you the same as me. That's my bet,, not changing the pot to anything else like a Dallas avatar for me... momma also told me the key to getting laid is to not wear or support anything Cowboy related.

So that's the bet. Take it or leave it.
This is kinda like watching one of the videos that shows every CNN or MSN anchor and every celebrity that screamed from the mountaintops ''Trump will NEVER be President''. My favorite part...''I made my money by being the smartest guy in the room"....the Gold Standard Troll
:wash:

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is kinda like watching one of the videos that shows every CNN or MSN anchor and every celebrity that screamed from the mountaintops ''Trump will NEVER be President''. My favorite part...''I made my money by being the smartest guy in the room"....the Gold Standard Troll
:wash:

Forgot about your bet, so he has to stay off the entire Hoop until Dallas' season is over?

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. I hope they get another shot at them :hope:

Yeah that would be a pretty good run, getting into the playoffs and then hopefully it would mean WAS won in the first round. I know Kirk will be really focused on that, a playoff win is more money in his pocket.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't blame you, but you do understand it will be more of the same.
LOL...but to be honest that was a nail biter at the end. I was hoping those seconds away. Love the ballsy throw to Beasley again to run out the clock. Second time this year

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL...but to be honest that was a nail biter at the end. I was hoping those seconds away. Love the ballsy throw to Beasley again to run out the clock. Second time this year

Yep told my son screen pass to Beasley on 2nd. I guess I was right at least once in November

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that would be a pretty good run, getting into the playoffs and then hopefully it would mean WAS won in the first round. I know Kirk will be really focused on that, a playoff win is more money in his pocket.

He's gonna get PAID

It ain't my $$$