• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

American Horror Story

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone watch the first eppisode? My take on the series, I really liked the first season, and haven't cared for any of the others, to the point of I have given them all a chance and haven't made all the way through any of them. I liked the start of this one, kind of has a season one vibe, only in a hotel, which makes me think I'll stay interested and make it all the way through...

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've liked all the seasons EXCEPT for Freak Show. I didn't care for that season and didn't end up finishing it. I think I made it about halfway through and lost interest. Murder House, Asylum, & Coven were all good.

Hopefully the new season brings the show back to life.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most AHS seasons start of promising and fall of the rails somewhere around episode 5 or 6. Not this one. This one is a giant clusterfuck right from the start. Not sure how long I'm gonna stick around for this one

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Season 1 as the best. Season 2 was also really good. The rest have sucked and this one appears to be one of the worst.

Besides the plot itself being bad, I feel like I watched the entire season in episode 1. It was so long, it had way too many different angles. I felt like I was just watching the same thing happen over and over. It was like a cheap horror movie. Some bad actor rents a hotel room, dies, another bad actor rents the same hotel room, dies. Suddenly lady Gaga appears, has an orgy then sucks their blood....

Series has really gone bad. New writers? Or whats up with the change.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Season 1 as the best. Season 2 was also really good. The rest have sucked and this one appears to be one of the worst.

Besides the plot itself being bad, I feel like I watched the entire season in episode 1. It was so long, it had way too many different angles. I felt like I was just watching the same thing happen over and over. It was like a cheap horror movie. Some bad actor rents a hotel room, dies, another bad actor rents the same hotel room, dies. Suddenly lady Gaga appears, has an orgy then sucks their blood....

Series has really gone bad. New writers? Or whats up with the change.

It was not the fact that they die, it was the pace of renting that room to the next person before the story with the first really ended. This is not called hotel room, its supposed to be the entire hotel. Yeah, for a second you thought the guy was gonna walk in on the ghost killing the first guest, but instead it just looked like it was edited too close together. If this was called Room 64, thats fine, but something should be happening in other parts of the place.

Lady Gaga vamping was ok I guess, just hope something happens in the dining room or kitchen today or its gonna get lost like circus.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was not the fact that they die, it was the pace of renting that room to the next person before the story with the first really ended. This is not called hotel room, its supposed to be the entire hotel. Yeah, for a second you thought the guy was gonna walk in on the ghost killing the first guest, but instead it just looked like it was edited too close together. If this was called Room 64, thats fine, but something should be happening in other parts of the place.

Lady Gaga vamping was ok I guess, just hope something happens in the dining room or kitchen today or its gonna get lost like circus.

Yeah odd pace.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've only seen the first episode so far.

Odd stuff, sort of like what you'd expect to be going on in the Overlook Hotel (The Shining) back in the day.

It better sort itself out quickly or it will die on the vine.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should have just strictly stuck to the builder of the hotels storyline....that's intriguing..

The lady gaga promoting her whacky and PC lifestyle influence is dumb.

The kid storyline is weird, but not really a fan.

If AHS came out of the gate and just did the rich oil tycoon builders story that would have been a great show.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should have just strictly stuck to the builder of the hotels storyline....that's intriguing..

The lady gaga promoting her whacky and PC lifestyle influence is dumb.

The kid storyline is weird, but not really a fan.

If AHS came out of the gate and just did the rich oil tycoon builders story that would have been a great show.

In case anyone didn't know, that's actually based off a real dude.

H. H. Holmes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
very interesting....wonder if that hotel is still there??

Also interesting that he may have been Jack The Ripper. Doubt it though.

Nah, they tore it down. I saw a History Channel show on him a couple of years ago aboutthe craziness of it all. They also made a fairly convincing case that he was Jack The Ripper as well but I think I saw something recently that disproved that.

And if you're interested, a movie about Holmes starring Leonardo DiCaprio and directed by Martin Scorsese is suppose to come out next year.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, they tore it down. I saw a History Channel show on him a couple of years ago aboutthe craziness of it all. They also made a fairly convincing case that he was Jack The Ripper as well but I think I saw something recently that disproved that.

And if you're interested, a movie about Holmes starring Leonardo DiCaprio and directed by Martin Scorsese is suppose to come out next year.
will be a movie to watch.

I wonder how they got the 200+ count? Funny they go for 9 confirmed, but possibly 200 murders.....wonder how they got that count.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
will be a movie to watch.

I wonder how they got the 200+ count? Funny they go for 9 confirmed, but possibly 200 murders.....wonder how they got that count.

Maybe they just chalked up a bunch of unsolved murders in the area to him or someone with direct knowledge said yeah, its possible he killed that many

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just dragged myself through the last 3-4 episodes of Freak Show... Wish I hadn't

Now I'm ready to take on Hotel. Pray for me.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
season is starting to get a bit better...potential for a strong mid season and finish.

omarsrevenge

Godlike
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wtf happened to this series. First season was good, was psyched about the show. Every season since has gone down hill. Hotel is a steaming pile of shit. I like weird shows but this is over the top.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have already been picked up for season 6. First it was the house, then the witches, freak show, hotel, is there already another one in the can for season 5 or has this gotten so bad I missed one?

omarsrevenge

Godlike
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have already been picked up for season 6. First it was the house, then the witches, freak show, hotel, is there already another one in the can for season 5 or has this gotten so bad I missed one?

season 2 was Asylum.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wtf happened to this series. First season was good, was psyched about the show. Every season since has gone down hill. Hotel is a steaming pile of shit. I like weird shows but this is over the top.
Yes, this show sucks.

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll watch the episodes in the background while I'm doing something else. While not the greatest shows I've seen, it's entertaining enough for me to have watched each season leading up to Hotel. They're also trying to tie each season in together with flashbacks or stories spoken throughout the seasons.

For example, Gaga's character going to Murder House from season 1 to have an abortion and the evil that she spawned. The Nazi doctor from Asylum and his beginnings told through the eyes of the Freak Show owner and her disfigurement.

Don't know if there is some grand scheme/central plot or just very loosely adding things in to pique interest.