• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Amazing how teams beat themselves

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And lastly, if they did run and then kicked a FG precious seconds would NOT have run off. We would have used a time out to stop the clock. I'm not saying the exact thing would have transpired. I'm saying if any team can score 10 points with 4.5 minutes left and all their time outs the Eagles are the type of team to do it.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And lastly, if they did run and then kicked a FG precious seconds would NOT have run off. We would have used a time out to stop the clock. I'm not saying the exact thing would have transpired. I'm saying if any team can score 10 points with 4.5 minutes left and all their time outs the Eagles are the type of team to do it.

Just like they called TO after the Colts 2nd down run?

I give up. You are right. The Eagles were not going to be denied. It was 100% them winning. I was wrong to question their greatness and I will refrain from doing so this point forward. Sorry for being an ass and saying the refs cheated.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Giants beat themselves on Sunday. They took some real dumb/bad penalties, a lot of dropped passes. The Cowboys have played themselves out of countless games or at the very least kept inferior opponents in games they had no business being in. It's really what seperates the elite teams from the above average/good teams. The real contenders don't beat themselves.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Giants beat themselves on Sunday. They took some real dumb/bad penalties, a lot of dropped passes. The Cowboys have played themselves out of countless games or at the very least kept inferior opponents in games they had no business being in. It's really what seperates the elite teams from the above average/good teams. The real contenders don't beat themselves.

This is exactly right. But a little luck never hurts either. Hell we blew a 13 point lead one Monday night vs the Skins with about 3 minutes to play. Two bombs to Santana I think. We have won our share as well.
I just think when you are dealing with a team like the Colts- I agree with Manster in the fact that he said the Eagles probably had around a 5 percent chance of winning if the Colts kick the fg. There is no way to know what would have happened and I might increase it to 10 percent but the Colts are a safe team. They are known to play good football and not beat themselves. If that is a 10 point game I just dont think you see a 50 yard play involved. JMO. The Eagles are a good football team and they are better than the Colts and they made the plays to win that game under the circumstances. We can debate the penalties all we want too. Colts fans, coaches, and players though have to be sick about it.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I give up. You are right. The Eagles were not going to be denied. It was 100% them winning. I was wrong to question their greatness and I will refrain from doing so this point forward. Sorry for being an ass and saying the refs cheated.

1. I never said the Eagles were going to win. I said they probably would have lost. So dont put words into my mouth.

2. For the 3rd time I NEVER SAID THAT YOU SAID THE REFS CHEATED. How many times do I have to explain that to you.

3. In post #10 you said if the Colts kicked the FG there is no chance the Eagles could have won unless god intervened or if the refs helped the Eagles. All I said was that it isnt likely but the Eagles O is the type of O that could do it and used the fact that they did score 10 points in the last 4.5 minutes as support.

4. It seems like I got you backed into a corner and you get passive aggressive knowing that you were out of nonsense and subterfuge.

5. I said twice on this thread that the Eagles have many many issues and got some big breaks in BOTH of their wins. So for you to say, "You are right. The Eagles were not going to be denied. It was 100% them winning.", was completely unfair because I never once remotely implied that. You are trying to put words in my mouth that I 100% NEVER said.

6. Lastly, after all this crap you posted like, "The only reason the Eagles won is because of the two blown calls" I find it funny that you haven't said anything at all about all the reports coming out claiming that it was the correct call and it wasnt pass interference. So all the refs did was blow one 15 yard horse collar penalty. If youre still sticking to your original premise then all your saying is the Eagles only won because the refs didnt call a 15 yard penalty even though the collected over 100 yards after that penalty. The Colts had their chance when it was tied and they went 3 and out. We immediately respond with a 25+ yard pass to Ertz. Another great play by Sproles to get us in FG range while we had to let the last minute tick away after scoring 10 points in less then 3 minutes.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,057.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. I never said the Eagles were going to win. I said they probably would have lost. So dont put words into my mouth.

2. For the 3rd time I NEVER SAID THAT YOU SAID THE REFS CHEATED. How many times do I have to explain that to you.

3. In post #10 you said if the Colts kicked the FG there is no chance the Eagles could have won unless god intervened or if the refs helped the Eagles. All I said was that it isnt likely but the Eagles O is the type of O that could do it and used the fact that they did score 10 points in the last 4.5 minutes as support.

4. It seems like I got you backed into a corner and you get passive aggressive knowing that you were out of nonsense and subterfuge.

5. I said twice on this thread that the Eagles have many many issues and got some big breaks in BOTH of their wins. So for you to say, "You are right. The Eagles were not going to be denied. It was 100% them winning.", was completely unfair because I never once remotely implied that. You are trying to put words in my mouth that I 100% NEVER said.

6. Lastly, after all this crap you posted like, "The only reason the Eagles won is because of the two blown calls" I find it funny that you haven't said anything at all about all the reports coming out claiming that it was the correct call and it wasnt pass interference. So all the refs did was blow one 15 yard horse collar penalty. If youre still sticking to your original premise then all your saying is the Eagles only won because the refs didnt call a 15 yard penalty even though the collected over 100 yards after that penalty. The Colts had their chance when it was tied and they went 3 and out. We immediately respond with a 25+ yard pass to Ertz. Another great play by Sproles to get us in FG range while we had to let the last minute tick away after scoring 10 points in less then 3 minutes.

tired.gif

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

All that shows you is Chip thought they had enough time to make a comeback being that he had 3 time outs and the 2 minute warning. And if Luck just kneeled down on the INT play I 100% guarantee you Chip would have used the first of his 3 time outs he had available. So your comment really make zero sense unless youre implying that Chip was just going to give up.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,057.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

All that shows you is Chip thought the had enough time to make a comeback being that he had 3 time outs and the 2 minute warning. And if Luck just kneeled down on the INT play I 100% guarantee you Chip would have used the first of his 3 time outs he had available. So your comment really make zero sense unless youre implying that Chip was just going to give up.

not that I want to read you guys going through the same posts back & forth for the rest of the week so I will probably regret responding, but......

If the Colts are up by two scores, they are not trying to score & would try to run out the clock forcing the eagles to use their timeouts. The entire play calling & scenarios are different in your what ifs.

& no I am not saying the eagles couldn't have made a come back, but it definitely wouldn't be likely.

Eiknarflin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Actually, PE1, you did.

Here's your post from 3:27 PM yesterday:

Wahh wahhh wahhh the refs were cheating for the Eagles even if they did call 3 times as many yards in penatlys vs Philly. 11 to 3 but the refs are cheating. What a little bitch.

You posted that in reply to Manster. It isn't a direct quote, but it is your understanding of what Manster had said and it is therefore an accusation that he said the refs were cheating.

Then you said the following at 4:23 PM yesterday

Your facts are statements like the refs cheated for the Eagles

Manster never did say the refs cheated, which you now acknowledge, but you did accuse him, twice, of saying the refs were cheating.

He said that the only way the Eagles could have won if the Colts had kicked the field goal instead of having thrown the INT is if the refs would have cheated for the Eagles. That, of course, is a debatable issue, and I tend to agree with your assessment of how things might have turned out still in the Eagles' favor had the field goal been kicked, but Manster's point is that that turn of events did have an impact on the outcome of the game. It would have been much more "iffy" for the Eagles had the Colts kicked the field goal. That's indisputable. Could the Eagles have pulled it off? Sure! But the Defense of the Colts in all probability would have been much different with a ten point lead with less than five minutes.

See, with the interception, the D had to play up because they were trying to keep the Eagles from getting to the end zone. That tighter D surely played a role in allowing Sproles to get further down the field on that screen.

With a field goal, however, the Colts would have probably gone into prevent mode, allowing five to fifteen yard completions while trying to keep them in bounds.

The point is that the bad call by the Colts to pass on third down instead of running the ball and kicking a field goal, did have an impact on the outcome of the game. In all likelihood, the best the Eagles could have hoped for at that point would have been overtime.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with both of the last two points made. And I agree... no sense in keeping it going.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your facts are statements like the refs cheated for the Eagles, there was a 5% chance of the Eagles winning. Get the F outta here. YOu are hurt that the team you hate won. Every single Cowboy fan disagrees with you on here. I all ready proved the Eagles have the capability to score 10 points in under 4.5 minutes... because they did it last night.

Now to all the other Cowboy fans... I in know way are saying the Eagles are great and awesome. Im just going up against one Cowboy fan who thinks we ONLY won cause the refs cheated. I think the Eagles have a loooooong way to go.

1. I can see your point as me being in attack mode.
2. I don't think he is a liae but he did lie when hw said, "I never said it was impossable for them to come back", when he just said about two post before, "no way the eagles win unless the refs cheat for them.
3. Then he replies "I've straightened you out before" which is a flat out joke.
4. He really isn't one of the best posters. He is consistant but he doesn't even watch all the Cowboys games like last week. I haven't missed an eagles play in a 1/4 century. Not one snap.

What I was saying Manster is that you said, "If the Colts kick the field goal theres no way the Eagles win unless the refs cheat for them". Then I pointed out the Eagles scored 10 points in the last 4 minutes with time to spare and time outs to spare and you said, "I never said the Eagles had NO chance of winning". I said your a liar because you just said they could. I regret jumping down your throat and calling you a liar because over the years youve been a top notch guy.

Your a damn liar and a fool. I didn't once pat myself on the back. I said we should have lost and you 100% did say the Eagles only would have won if god did it or the refs cheated so you 100% did say it was impossable. You keep accusing me of patting myself on the back or looking through Eagles glasses and not once did I say the Eagles were great or that the horse collar wasn't a bad call. But in football games bad calls happen to both teams. Now apologize before I whoop your ass even worse in the pickem league.

Actually, PE1, you did.

Here's your post from 3:27 PM yesterday:

Wahh wahhh wahhh the refs were cheating for the Eagles even if they did call 3 times as many yards in penatlys vs Philly. 11 to 3 but the refs are cheating. What a little bitch.

You posted that in reply to Manster. It isn't a direct quote, but it is your understanding of what Manster had said and it is therefore an accusation that he said the refs were cheating.

Then you said the following at 4:23 PM yesterday

Your facts are statements like the refs cheated for the Eagles

Manster never did say the refs cheated, which you now acknowledge, but you did accuse him, twice, of saying the refs were cheating.

He said that the only way the Eagles could have won if the Colts had kicked the field goal instead of having thrown the INT is if the refs would have cheated for the Eagles. That, of course, is a debatable issue, and I tend to agree with your assessment of how things might have turned out still in the Eagles' favor had the field goal been kicked, but Manster's point is that that turn of events did have an impact on the outcome of the game. It would have been much more "iffy" for the Eagles had the Colts kicked the field goal. That's indisputable. Could the Eagles have pulled it off? Sure! But the Defense of the Colts in all probability would have been much different with a ten point lead with less than five minutes.

See, with the interception, the D had to play up because they were trying to keep the Eagles from getting to the end zone. That tighter D surely played a role in allowing Sproles to get further down the field on that screen.

With a field goal, however, the Colts would have probably gone into prevent mode, allowing five to fifteen yard completions while trying to keep them in bounds.

The point is that the bad call by the Colts to pass on third down instead of running the ball and kicking a field goal, did have an impact on the outcome of the game. In all likelihood, the best the Eagles could have hoped for at that point would have been overtime.

I guess I don't need to multi quote Malco. You did it for me. Interesting that the only difference in our take is you give the Eagles Better chance at winning than I did and PE1's fine. I guess I can't question the Eagles or we'll get into another big discussion.

Had I been on the Eagles I'd expect a long drawn out defense of their win. Not sure why I a Cowboy must see it the Eagles way?

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Refs don't cheat, the game is just nearly impossible to officiate now because of all the new rules. The Refs are broken down like a shotgun in the film room after every game, they can't afford to intentionally blow calls. As to the game, if the Colts run it and kicked the field goal, they likely win the game, that's pretty obvious. A comeback wouldn't have been impossible, but it would have been highly unlikely