• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Amazing how teams beat themselves

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This wasn't even 3 downs and a punt situation. It was run the ball eat clock, kick a 3rd FG, and give the Eagles a little more than 4.5 minutes to score 10 points. Baring the refs help or a act of god the Colts had this game won. They fucked it up.

So no team down 10 with almost 5 minutes, 3 time outs plus the 2 minute warning have never comeback and won unless the refs decide to cheat for them. Keep in mind one of the most explosive teams in the NFL that led the league in plays over 20, 40 and 50 yards last year. Not a great chance but not impossible by any stretch of the imagination.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So no team down 10 with almost 5 minutes, 3 time outs plus the 2 minute warning have never comeback and won unless the refs decide to cheat for them. Keep in mind one of the most explosive teams in the NFL that led the league in plays over 20, 40 and 50 yards last year. Not a great chance but not impossible by any stretch of the imagination.

Come on PE1 just admit the refs helped and take the won. Saying the refs played a part doesn't take the win away. You sit there saying I'm frustrated which is wrong. Maybe I'm tired of blanket bad calls but I'm not frustrated about the Eagles win. You on the other hand need to view the plays without those green glasses on.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would be interested to see the percent chance on that down 10 with 5 minutes to go. If there is a stat, please remove our games because we skew it. I know we have done it a few times. 5 minutes wit a kickoff. I could see it happening with a team having the ball already and moving it down 10 but to not even have the ball yet -very tough.

Eiknarflin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with PE1. The pass interference that wasn't called wasn't a pass interference. The receiver was slipping before he was touched.

It was a bad call on the horse collar, but the next play was a fifty five yard screen pass. Without the fifteen yard penalty, the Eagles were going to be deep in the Colts side of the field. As gassed as the Colts D-line was, it is likely they scored anyway.

The only real bad call was not on the part of the refs. It was on the part of the Colts who decided to pass instead of run the ball.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. This was more self inflicted than anything. I will say on the horse collar though, if it is not called maybe it changes the call on 2 nd and 7, both defensively and offensively. Still though take the two score lead and see what happens. They were at the 21 yard line I think. Passing the ball, you are taking a risk of a sack, Int, penalty, etc.

Another thing, the Colts play caller is taking a beating for the first two runs on the Colts final drive. Luck checked in and out of plays all night long. Whether he did on this, I don't know- but it's a fair question

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be interested to see the percent chance on that down 10 with 5 minutes to go. If there is a stat, please remove our games because we skew it. I know we have done it a few times. 5 minutes wit a kickoff. I could see it happening with a team having the ball already and moving it down 10 but to not even have the ball yet -very tough.

Looking at a few Web pages I will guesstimate the Eagles had about a 5% +/- chance at winning had the Colts went up by 10 with 4.5 minutes remaining. The onside recovery from 2000 to 2012 is 19.7%. I got to the 5% number form reading about the NE vs Pittsburgh game in 2011. Odds were stacked very high against the Eagles only a homer would argue that fact.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Jet fan I am never amazed at a team finding a way to defeat itself

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Jet fan I am never amazed at a team finding a way to defeat itself

We Cowboy fans know the feeling. As much as I'm questioning the Refs the Colts can point the finger at themselves for this lose more than anyone else. It was dumb to attempt that pass in that situation. One would think a NFL coach would be able to process this simple equation beforehand.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We Cowboy fans know the feeling. As much as I'm questioning the Refs the Colts can point the finger at themselves for this lose more than anyone else. It was dumb to attempt that pass in that situation. One would think a NFL coach would be able to process this simple equation beforehand.

You're so full of shit Manster. I didnt look at anything through Eagles colored glasses. I said we should have lost most likely. Where the hell did you get this arbitrary 5% chance. You sound sooooo corny. I like how other Cowboy fans are proving you wrong too. Like the slip on the so called pass interference and the 55 yard screen play after the horse collar.

What are you really mad about? The Eagles winning or me busting your ass in the pickem league?

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at a few Web pages I will guesstimate the Eagles had about a 5% +/- chance at winning had the Colts went up by 10 with 4.5 minutes remaining. The onside recovery from 2000 to 2012 is 19.7%. I got to the 5% number form reading about the NE vs Pittsburgh game in 2011. Odds were stacked very high against the Eagles only a homer would argue that fact.

Yeah, they were stacked high as I frigging admitted!!! But I said there's a chance not just a chance if the refs cheat for them. Wahh wahhh wahhh the refs were cheating for the Eagles even if they did call 3 times as many yards in penatlys vs Philly. 11 to 3 but the refs are cheating. What a little bitch. Every single poster on here manned up except you.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Want me to prove why your 5% theory is wrong Manster?

Let's say the Colts kneel on the ball and kick a FG to go up 10. Well the Eagles scored 10 points anyway in the last 4 minutes and they didn't even attempt an onside kick. The Eagles have the most explosive O in the league. With 4.5 minutes left we drove down the field, scored a TD, kicked off to the Colts, got the ball back and drove down field and scored again so quickly we had to let over a minute run off the clock.

The Eagles all ready showed they can put up 10 points in less then 4 minutes with no onside kick... Obviously they could have done it if the Colts kneeled it and kicked a FG instead of a pick.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Never did I say it was impossible but you yourself say it's not a great chance. It was an improbable win GIFT WRAPPED for you. Accept it but stop patting yourself on the back. A bad mistake by the Colts calling a pass and then the mistakeS by the refs handed you the game.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand what you are saying PE1. I think though maybe there are different variables that come into play with a 10 point lead. Maybe the Colts play that screen a little different if they are up 10. I dont know, I could be wrong. The Colts were out of gas, no doubt. Big wins for both our teams this week on the road.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your a damn liar and a fool. I didn't once pat myself on the back. I said we should have lost and you 100% did say the Eagles only would have won if god did it or the refs cheated so you 100% did say it was impossable. You keep accusing me of patting myself on the back or looking through Eagles glasses and not once did I say the Eagles were great or that the horse collar wasn't a bad call. But in football games bad calls happen to both teams. Now apologize before I whoop your ass even worse in the pickem league.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Want me to prove why your 5% theory is wrong Manster?

Let's say the Colts kneel on the ball and kick a FG to go up 10. Well the Eagles scored 10 points anyway in the last 4 minutes and they didn't even attempt an onside kick. The Eagles have the most explosive O in the league. With 4.5 minutes left we drove down the field, scored a TD, kicked off to the Colts, got the ball back and drove down field and scored again so quickly we had to let over a minute run off the clock.

The Eagles all ready showed they can put up 10 points in less then 4 minutes with no onside kick... Obviously they could have done it if the Colts kneeled it and kicked a FG instead of a pick.

The end of the game would have played out 100% different had the Colts went up 10 and kicked the ball to the Eagles with 4 1/2 minutes remaining. You can't see that because of those green glasses clouding your vision. I've use facts and logic too many times in the past putting you in your place. Do I really have to do so again.

The Eagles were lucky. It happens often to every team throughout the years. I'm not saying this is a one time situation. A few yes ago the Eagles had Dallas beat, made one mistake late in the game Dallas capitalized on that mistake and won. I freely admitted it. Don't see why you refuse to do so. I know add one other Eagle fans are saying the same thing I am. There happy for the win but they know they got lucky when mistakes helped them. They are not apologizing for the win but they aren't acting as though it was the way the Eagles played that got the win either.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like colt took page outa garrotts time management manual. I would only rate this a 4 on the choke scale. Cowboys have blown much bigger leads than this

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your a damn liar and a fool. I didn't once pat myself on the back. I said we should have lost and you 100% did say the Eagles only would have won if god did it or the refs cheated so you 100% did say it was impossable. You keep accusing me of patting myself on the back or looking through Eagles glasses and not once did I say the Eagles were great or that the horse collar wasn't a bad call. But in football games bad calls happen to both teams. Now apologize before I whoop your ass even worse in the pickem league.

Just say the Eagles got damn lucky and this discussion is over. I won't even stoop to name calling

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your facts are statements like the refs cheated for the Eagles, there was a 5% chance of the Eagles winning. Get the F outta here. YOu are hurt that the team you hate won. Every single Cowboy fan disagrees with you on here. I all ready proved the Eagles have the capability to score 10 points in under 4.5 minutes... because they did it last night.

Now to all the other Cowboy fans... I in know way are saying the Eagles are great and awesome. Im just going up against one Cowboy fan who thinks we ONLY won cause the refs cheated. I think the Eagles have a loooooong way to go.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You've never once straightened me out on anything. I know the Cowboys better then you and you don't even watch them anyway. I've said numerous times the Eagles got some calls but so did the Colts. I don't think if we lost anything would have changed. They are an up and coming team that needs to improve in many areas but you're saying the ONLY reason the Eagles won was luck. But not mentioning the great plays they had to even make the come back. There was luck involved and it happens in every single game. You're just acting like it was all fluke luck and. The refs cheated. Corny.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The discussion is over cause your arguement failed miserably. What a great football mind you have. Maybe you can even watch the Cowboys play this week.