• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Amari Cooper

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t know, man. Looks like a VERY team friendly deal. $10M signing bonus with favorable outs if he continues to be “inconsistent”. I don’t see a problem with this one long term.
Exactly, some see numbers only and not big picture or alternatives. We need Cooper. He is young and we can now focus on defense holes.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand why they let others walk due to money and or need to upgrade positions. JW lost too many steps, Cobb was nice, but dropped too many balls for me, Heath was a below average player with heart, but that position needs to be upgraded for many years. Quinn and Jones got paid more then the team could offer. Can't fault any of them for leaving for the money. I want players like Amari who took less, but wanted to be a Cowboy for life and can be Elite. Our defense has been mediocore for years with some of these players. I am good with rebuilding this defense. It wasn't working.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, what you have done??
Look I’m not going to sling mud at him I like the player but he is inconsistent. If the outs are like others are saying if he underperforms and the Boys can move on fine.
As to what I would do I would still be looking for a receiver and a QB if the opportunity comes up in the draft.
My simple argument is this if you need a 20 million dollar receiver to make your 30 million dollar QB look good then your team is not doing it’s due diligence in player development. And before you kill me over my opinion I understand what the Cowboys have been forced to do but feel like they have shot themselves in the foot by making some poor draft decisions the last 3 years. Cost the former coaching staff their jobs but it still does not let the GM off the hook for allowing poor choices when much better players were available that even the fans could see.
Like said I don’t want a argument just stating my perspective

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t know, man. Looks like a VERY team friendly deal. $10M signing bonus with favorable outs if he continues to be “inconsistent”. I don’t see a problem with this one long term.
They overpaid.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of these players are overpaid ,but that is the business side. The Cowboys pay certain players millions each season and they dont do nothing.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drafted for a WR. This draft is very deep in quality receivers.
Cowboys need to focus on defense in this draft. Needs to be all defense. Too much Cap space allocated to to offense. But yeah this draft has lots of good receivers.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of these players are overpaid ,but that is the business side. The Cowboys pay certain players millions each season and they dont do nothing.
Some teams are signing players to cap friendly deals.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking Tuesday, Redskins coach Ron Rivera confirmed the team pursued then free agent Amari Cooper "all the way until the end."
“We would’ve love to have him apart of what we’re trying to do here," Rivera said. "He would’ve been a great veteran presence." It is widely believed the Redskins offered Cooper more money than the Cowboys, but the veteran wideout made the prudent decision to avoid Washington's rebuild.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking Tuesday, Redskins coach Ron Rivera confirmed the team pursued then free agent Amari Cooper "all the way until the end."
“We would’ve love to have him apart of what we’re trying to do here," Rivera said. "He would’ve been a great veteran presence." It is widely believed the Redskins offered Cooper more money than the Cowboys, but the veteran wideout made the prudent decision to avoid Washington's rebuild.
I was really torn on signing Coop. Huge cap hit. Coop does run great routes. His problem seem to be with drops and then he loses confidence? I would suggest that the cowboys get him a personal sports shrink. It seems to be mental.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Coop is outstanding and a huge key to the offenses success. Sure he drops some passes but he can do it all. He isn’t just a deep threat or a possession WR. He is both. We always focus on drops. Think about all the great catches he makes too.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Coop is outstanding and a huge key to the offenses success. Sure he drops some passes but he can do it all. He isn’t just a deep threat or a possession WR. He is both. We always focus on drops. Think about all the great catches he makes too.
I tend to agree with this. There has been a lot of talk about how much he was hampered by injury last year, also they say he didn't get along well with the receiver coach.....which if true, kinda speaks volume to the kind of teammate Cooper is.

There is also a ton of radio play that his contract is extremely team friendly while still giving Cooper the respect for his play thus far. It's said over & over how the team is on the hook for only 40M. They say Dallas can walk away after two years on day 5 of the NFL new year with only 6M in dead money....hardly an overpay if true

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wish he could teach route running to all our WR. He is fantastic. I love him here in Dallas.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one thing I disagree with is the great catches. All good WRs make them but IMO he makes fewer contested catches/50-50 balls/catches you don't think he can make, than other good WRs. But, I agree he is huge for us. He has the ability to get open and that is just something we haven't seen here in years. He is such a QB friendly WR because he gets so wide open so often. We heard about his route running when he got here, but it really is if anything understated. I think if healthy he will have another great year. He has that big play ability and also the ability to get wide open on those medium range patters where he makes DBs look silly coming out of his breaks. Cobb had the ability to get open in traffic too, which is why I think his loss may be a little bigger than some are assuming, but we had to let him walk because of the money he was offered elsewhere.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish he could teach route running to all our WR. He is fantastic. I love him here in Dallas.
Yes, Cooper runs great routes but he also dropped too many passes last season.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, Cooper runs great routes but he also dropped too many passes last season.
You've said that 100 times. Saying it 101 times doesn't add anything it just comes off as an agenda. Yes he had drops but not having seen any stats, as a % I'd say Witten might have been the worst for big, easy catch drops and as a total I'd say it seemed like Gallup dropped more passes. Drops are such a tricky stat. I read for years here many posters attributing anything anyone got a finger on as a drop with Romo at the helm. Now with Dak we have some doing the same and expecting a WR to catch everything that they are near even in super slo-mo and some doing the total opposite and unless Dak literally places the ball in the WRs belly calling it a bad pass. It's just too subjective for me to get bent out of shape over unless it is really often and obvious and I didn't think that was the case with Cooper. :2cents:

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You've said that 100 times. Saying it 101 times doesn't add anything it just comes off as an agenda. Yes he had drops but not having seen any stats, as a % I'd say Witten might have been the worst for big, easy catch drops and as a total I'd say it seemed like Gallup dropped more passes. Drops are such a tricky stat. I read for years here many posters attributing anything anyone got a finger on as a drop with Romo at the helm. Now with Dak we have some doing the same and expecting a WR to catch everything that they are near even in super slo-mo and some doing the total opposite and unless Dak literally places the ball in the WRs belly calling it a bad pass. It's just too subjective for me to get bent out of shape over unless it is really often and obvious and I didn't think that was the case with Cooper. :2cents:
If the player isnt a packer, he has to find something negative to say about the player (from any team)
As you are pointing out.
The man is a broken record.
All in all. I liked how we structured Coopers contract. (which was my real concern)