• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Amari Cooper

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another thing with Cooper is I am hoping parts of last year were due to injury. Supposedly he had turf toe all year and then during the year had all kinds of other issues. He is only like 25 so he shouldn't have looked like he slowed down at the end of last year. If nothing else we can go into the rest of the offseason without having to pick up any starters on Offense (assuming Dak plays of course). We need a blocking TE, a #3 WR, a better swing tackle and we need to find out who our starting LG is. But none of those are glaring problems because the starting guard is likely in house already and the others can be picked up very easily if we don't draft any of them.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking forward to seeing the offense. Defense needs a ton of work

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cap rose 10m, Amari gets a couple, Dak gets a couple, I hope Quinn takes the rest.

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, fuck, Quinn took Chicago's money. We again need DE help, for about the 7th year in a row.

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't have given Quinn $14 million per
Depends how much cap I got left. If we take the next guy, he's likely to get at least 7 per and have a lot less production. We need to offset that lost production somewhere. And it likely isn't coming from rookies.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, fuck, Quinn took Chicago's money. We again need DE help, for about the 7th year in a row.
damn. down 2 of our 3 good defensive performers from last year. This isn't a problem for the draft only to cure when the defense stunk before losing these two. Please don't let Jerry be dumb enough to think it is a problem we can address only in the draft and with bargain FAs and be ok

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
damn. down 2 of our 3 good defensive performers from last year. This isn't a problem for the draft only to cure when the defense stunk before losing these two. Please don't let Jerry be dumb enough to think it is a problem we can address only in the draft and with bargain FAs and be ok
I'm starting to wonder if the play is to get the bodies for 5 tech DEs, that way we can 2 gap as needed and don't need to wholesale flip personnel during the games. Two guys that we have on the shelf in Gregory and Irvin fit this scheme. We aren't going to find edge players on the street, so that will need to come from the draft or trade.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys fell asleep at the wheel. Jerry needs to get in that damn shower and find us some help pronto. Gregory and Irving could be candidates,but cant count on them. That LSU DE possibly could fall too us. He reminds me of Ware and Quinn

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys fell asleep at the wheel. Jerry needs to get in that damn shower and find us some help pronto. Gregory and Irving could be candidates,but cant count on them. That LSU DE possibly could fall too us. He reminds me of Ware and Quinn
If you're talking about Chaisson, then I can get behind that. He's not a down lineman, so he would not be a full time player. But the talent is worthy of such a pick.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're talking about Chaisson, then I can get behind that. He's not a down lineman, so he would not be a full time player. But the talent is worthy of such a pick.
Yeah, Chaisson is the one. He does have injury issues at LSU,but might be better suited as OLB in a 3-4. If enough QBS go ahead of us he or another impact defender could fall to 17

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm starting to wonder if the play is to get the bodies for 5 tech DEs, that way we can 2 gap as needed and don't need to wholesale flip personnel during the games. Two guys that we have on the shelf in Gregory and Irvin fit this scheme. We aren't going to find edge players on the street, so that will need to come from the draft or trade.
I don't see us running too, too much 3-4, but who knows. I was thinking just once in a while to screw with the Offense. I do think it is very possible that Nolan has a different philosophy from Marinelli and sees more value out of two gap DL as compared to just shooting a given gap every single play. As far as 3-4 DEs go, when we go that route Collins and Crawford could both fit that bill and maybe Hill does a better job there, but the way he gets knocked on his ass every player, I tend to doubt it

I think Gregory may be back and the team may see him as a cheap replacement for Quinn (which could be part of the reason we let him go) as a rotation guy on passing downs but I don't think Irving is coming back and wonder if really any team will take a chance on him.

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Irving is a long shot but his whole thing was he loved weed over football. Now the two appear more aligned than ever.
We still haven't signed Collins back so he may be gone too. If we go with gap containers, it allows our very good LBs to react and move rather than dodge as many linemen. But we still need a presence on the outside and I'm not certain Gregory is accountable enough.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Irving is a long shot but his whole thing was he loved weed over football. Now the two appear more aligned than ever.
We still haven't signed Collins back so he may be gone too. If we go with gap containers, it allows our very good LBs to react and move rather than dodge as many linemen. But we still need a presence on the outside and I'm not certain Gregory is accountable enough.
I am hoping for another FT DE opposite Tank with Gregory rotating in on passing downs. Gregory isn't great, but he can bend a little and turn the corner which can be big if you have a couple other guys demanding attention and he is always one on one

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gallop and the others, really need to work on not dropping the ball. Too many drops last year. They had "Dez" hands.
Cooper dropped more passes than Gallup did.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cowboys gave Cooper the ranch.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am hoping for another FT DE opposite Tank with Gregory rotating in on passing downs. Gregory isn't great, but he can bend a little and turn the corner which can be big if you have a couple other guys demanding attention and he is always one on one
You cannot put any possible faith in Gregory. I would not even think about him at this point.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You cannot put any possible faith in Gregory. I would not even think about him at this point.
Why? As a backup? We don't even have a starting DE to play opposite Tank that can get to the QB and you are knocking him as a backup?

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Randall Cobb signs with Houston.