• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Amari Cooper

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cooper is a role model. He is just a really mellow and great guy. He never says the wrong thing and always seems to speak honestly and comes off as being very humble as well. I don't know if it is best for the team to give him a huge contract, tag him, or let him go, but he is a guy that if he does move on I will root for and wish him the best

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a passing league. Cowboys need to quit messing around and get Amari signed.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cooper is a role model. He is just a really mellow and great guy. He never says the wrong thing and always seems to speak honestly and comes off as being very humble as well. I don't know if it is best for the team to give him a huge contract, tag him, or let him go, but he is a guy that if he does move on I will root for and wish him the best
Yea. Can't root against him.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, I don't know what Jerry is waiting for. They have the cap space and can create enough cap space that they can sign everyone they want with no problem. Add to the fact that whenever the cap is going to shoot up to $230-240 million once the new cap and 17th game hits, and it's pretty baffling to see Jerry still pinching pennies at this point. If you are gonna pay Zeke...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, I don't know what Jerry is waiting for. They have the cap space and can create enough cap space that they can sign everyone they want with no problem. Add to the fact that whenever the cap is going to shoot up to $230-240 million once the new cap and 17th game hits, and it's pretty baffling to see Jerry still pinching pennies at this point. If you are gonna pay Zeke...
Totally agree when it comes to this year. To me the issue shouldn't be picking which we can afford between Dak, Cooper, Jones, Collins, etc. The issue is are those particular players worth signing over other options, so it's between Dak and another QB; Cooper and Jones and other top players; Quinn and another pass rusher; Collins and another DT, Cobb and another receiving option. Down the road money may get tighter but this year we can sign anyone we want. I'd be fine with them going in a different direction and let's say signing a Clowney type and another player and letting Cooper/Jones/Quinn, whoever go. BUT, they need to use those $'s to improve the team in some way. Stars win Football games. As long as they have a plan I'm good with it, but I don't want to hear we had to let Cooper or Jones go because of the cap and NOT having a corresponding big $ FA brought in.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ll be glad when this CBA thing gets resolved one way or another. Sure seems like that thing is all that’s keeping negotiations at a standstill.

By this time next week - I expect significant movement... whether it’s “tags” or otherwise.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get it that we cant keep em all. Jones I am torn on. Good player,but I just dont know you pay him considering he never picks the ball off . I think we can find Jones replacement in round one l. Quinn is one I think you pay. Quin. Is one of the best pass rushers in the league even at his age. Sign him to a fair deal for both. Amari sign. Dak sign. Get this shit done.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get it that we cant keep em all. Jones I am torn on. Good player,but I just dont know you pay him considering he never picks the ball off . I think we can find Jones replacement in round one l. Quinn is one I think you pay. Quin. Is one of the best pass rushers in the league even at his age. Sign him to a fair deal for both. Amari sign. Dak sign. Get this shit done.
It's crazy how much people focus on the interceptions as if it is the most important thing. Give me a guy that covers, give up very few completions and doesn't get beat deep over a pretty good CB that picks off a couple of passes a year but gives up way more receptions any day of the week. Often times the difference between an Interception and a incomplete is 20 yards of field position (int vs punt). I'm fine with them letting Jones go because he will get big $'s, but if they do, they need to sign another CB. It's questionable if any of our guys other than Jones are even starting caliber at this point and it will be questionable for a draft pick too regardless of how people talk about draft picks filling holes day 1. You just can't go into a season with Lewis/Awuzie/Brown (also a FA) and a draft pick or two (even if early picks) and expect to not have big problems and especially when you don't have good safety play to act as a crutch. I'd love to see us bring back Quinn, add another pass rusher and also a CB (a good CB) and think that would be better than giving Jones $15M or so per. Lawrence needs other pass rushers around him or he will continue to be neutralized by blocking schemes. We may find that with a better pass rush and scheme that our CBs are better than we thought. Draft a CB early too and add an aggressive scheme and I think that would be a great start to turning this defense around. I'm worried Jaylon will just not ever be the player he was two years ago, but think last year's issue with LVE was health related (or at least I'm hoping)

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd roll the dice and tag Cooper if I can'y get him to take 16 per for 4 years. IMO, we really need to draft the first 3 to 4 picks for the defense.

the second best corner this team ever had gave up big plays all the time. He also lead the league in ints twice. Hard not to like jones, he plays hard and is all about team, BUT....no way in hell do I pay this guy what he's about to be paid. He's a solid corner but not close to a shut down corner. IMO, shut down corners earn what Jones is about to get on the open market. I really think much of Jones stats are more based on what played on the other side as well as the poor coverage at safety.

Draft the Florida corner at 17 and sign the Denver corner in free agency at 10 to 12 per for 3 seasons with an out after two seasons. Grab a free agent safety. Resign Quinn, Joe Thomas and perhaps Sean Lee. Draft another safety and DT in rounds 2 & 3. That's two new corners, two safeties, Quinn and a young new DT. Need some luck that guys like Gifford take a huge step should you not be able to retrain Lee. Gifford flashed some b4 he got hurt

The third day of the draft to fill some holes with a high emphases for special team contributors

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ll be glad when this CBA thing gets resolved one way or another. Sure seems like that thing is all that’s keeping negotiations at a standstill.

By this time next week - I expect significant movement... whether it’s “tags” or otherwise.
The NFL moved the last day to vote on the CBA to the 14th. This is big for the Cowboys, as they can apply the franchise tag to Dak and Transition to Amari instead of one or the other

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL moved the last day to vote on the CBA to the 14th. This is big for the Cowboys, as they can apply the franchise tag to Dak and Transition to Amari instead of one or the other

Hadn’t heard that. Very good news.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amari isn't worth the tag. This draft is loaded with talented receivers that will come at a cheaper price.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't Cooper lead the team in dropped passes last season?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A big benefit to tagging Cooper is we get another season to see if Gallup looks like he can be a #1 or not (I think he may be). Tagging Cooper and drafting a WR early if anyone we love is sitting there sets us up nicely for the future. I like Cobb a lot and always have, but in this scenario I let him go and if you hit on the draft pick and Gallup keeps improving then next year I let Cooper go too. I think tagging Cooper instead of handing him a huge deal also allows us to sign a big FA on defense too and that is a better way to sure up the defense than a draft pick that may not contribute early, if ever. Could be one of our FAs or a FA from another team but if we don't give a huge LT deal to Cooper I think we use that $ on defense.

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amari isn't worth the tag. This draft is loaded with talented receivers that will come at a cheaper price.
I'd love it if we were able to get Michael Pittman's boy (same name). To me he looks effortless on the field. His game compares to a Mike Evans.
I also like Joe Reed out of Virginia as a utility type player to take Tavon Austin's spot. Best part about him is cost = lower draft capital.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love it if we were able to get Michael Pittman's boy (same name). To me he looks effortless on the field. His game compares to a Mike Evans.
I also like Joe Reed out of Virginia as a utility type player to take Tavon Austin's spot. Best part about him is cost = lower draft capital.
Jefferson of LSU would be a great fit in this offense.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Austin is a waste of money time to move on.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A big benefit to tagging Cooper is we get another season to see if Gallup looks like he can be a #1 or not (I think he may be). Tagging Cooper and drafting a WR early if anyone we love is sitting there sets us up nicely for the future. I like Cobb a lot and always have, but in this scenario I let him go and if you hit on the draft pick and Gallup keeps improving then next year I let Cooper go too. I think tagging Cooper instead of handing him a huge deal also allows us to sign a big FA on defense too and that is a better way to sure up the defense than a draft pick that may not contribute early, if ever. Could be one of our FAs or a FA from another team but if we don't give a huge LT deal to Cooper I think we use that $ on defense.
I think tagging cooper is a good idea. He may be more motivated. His performance against the Eagles in the win or go home game was terrible.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gallop and the others, really need to work on not dropping the ball. Too many drops last year. They had "Dez" hands.