• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Amare retires as a Knick???

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta be one of the stpidest players in NBA history. He is living proof that "all-world talent"+"dumb as a box of rocks" will almost always equal an underwhelming career that flames out far too early

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amar’e Stoudemire Announces Retirement | New York Knicks

:scratch:

What a numbskull he is...This has got to be a slap in the face for the Suns and their fans for the fact he signed a one-day contract with the Knicks before retiring.

@Arizona_Sting @The Derski Thoughts?

I am no Knick fan but I think you are missing the larger picture here. He retires as a Knick and he gets to be part of the New York media market. He can try yo ingratiate himself into the fanbase here. He is fairly popular here.

He goes back to Phoenix and he is, at best, selling cars.

It's not like the guy is some big Hall of Famer.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am no Knick fan but I think you are missing the larger picture here. He retires as a Knick and he gets to be part of the New York media market. He can try yo ingratiate himself into the fanbase here. He is fairly popular here.

Wait, aren't you the moron that claimed LeBron could be the GOAT? Go figure...

By this same logic, I guess Torii Hunter should have retired with the Angels...And Hunter was a decent player (good, in fact) with Anaheim. Much more than we could say about Amare with the Knicks.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What? Integrate himself into the fanbase? What? Car salesman? What?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, aren't you the moron that claimed LeBron could be the GOAT? Go figure...

By this same logic, I guess Torii Hunter should have retired with the Angels...And Hunter was a decent player (good, in fact) with Anaheim. Much more than we could say about Amare with the Knicks.

You have some anger issues. Is it a sex problem? Not getting enough of whatever you are looking for? Regardless I hope you can solve that problem for yourself legally.

As for Hunter comparison, no one really cares about Torii Hunter either. Retire as a Twin or an Angel, no one is going to care. How bout we let these guys maximize their own post-sports careers?

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was somewhat of a blindside. I didn't expect him to retire, let alone sign a one day contract with a team when he did. But if he was ever going to sign a one day contract I think 99% of people thought it would be with Phoenix. I'm not going start hating him all of a sudden because he did it but it's kind of like a "what the hell?" move from a Phoenix perspective.

Shaggy

Administrator
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a slap in the face with the Suns organization. He has some issues with the Suns for some reason and won't let it go.

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who-cares4.jpg

How on earth does something as miniscule as signing a one-day contract to retire get people this riled up?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a slap in the face with the Suns organization. He has some issues with the Suns for some reason and won't let it go.

That's what I heard on Mike & Mike this morning. Supposedly he had issues with Suns management

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This doesn't seem like a big deal to me. It would be more of a snub if he was being inducted into the HOF as NY Knick. Well, he's certainly no hall of famer. This is just an unnecessary step of his retirement.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, don't see the big deal here. He's retired now, who cares who he retired with?

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta be one of the stpidest players in NBA history. He is living proof that "all-world talent"+"dumb as a box of rocks" will almost always equal an underwhelming career that flames out far too early

Starbury says hi.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This doesn't seem like a big deal to me. It would be more of a snub if he was being inducted into the HOF as NY Knick. Well, he's certainly no hall of famer. This is just an unnecessary step of his retirement.

Don't be so sure(not about the team but not making it to the HOF)...Was watching ESPN Around the Horn today, I think it was J.A.Adande who mentioned that supposedly Amare has a 73% chance to make the HOF...Not sure I agree or not, but that's what he said...He mentioned because Amare scored over 25 pts a game for a few years in an era when it wasn't so easy to get off shots he deserves to be there.