• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Amare retires as a Knick???

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Local media says Amare wanted a 1 year deal from PHX to end his career as a Sun and the FO was not interested and it rubbed Amare the wrong way so he went and retired with the Knicks.

NY fans were probably just like uhmmm… ok?

Childish move on his part, everyone knows he's a Sun. Also, fuck Rob Sarver.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am no Knick fan but I think you are missing the larger picture here. He retires as a Knick and he gets to be part of the New York media market. He can try yo ingratiate himself into the fanbase here. He is fairly popular here.

He goes back to Phoenix and he is, at best, selling cars.

It's not like the guy is some big Hall of Famer.

This whole post is cringe worthy.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll be best remembered as a Sun for sure.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care who he signs with, to me he'll always be a sun, aka the spurs punching bag.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care who he signs with, to me he'll always be a sun, aka the spurs punching bag.
Lol. You mean the era in Spurs history when Robert Horry body checks people into the first row, Bruce Bowen "accidentally" knees people in the nuts multiple times a game, and Ginobili spent more time on his back sliding across the court while flailing his arms and complaining to the refs than he did actually playing the sport of basketball? :thumb:

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. You mean the era in Spurs history when Robert Horry body checks people into the first row, Bruce Bowen "accidentally" knees people in the nuts multiple times a game, and Ginobili spent more time on his back sliding across the court while flailing his arms and complaining to the refs than he did actually playing the sport of basketball? :thumb:

Suprisingly, i was kinda upset for Phoenix when that happened, not to mention moldy Dave and the League office's ruling afterwards. Thought they pretty much handed the Spurs the series at that point...

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amar’e Stoudemire Announces Retirement | New York Knicks

:scratch:

What a numbskull he is...This has got to be a slap in the face for the Suns and their fans for the fact he signed a one-day contract with the Knicks before retiring.

@Arizona_Sting @The Derski Thoughts?
I don't think so this time. I think he needed to be a signed player in order to submit his retirement papers and New York Knicks gave him the contract only to do that - not about the Suns or his association with them. The way I understood - it was strictly a business decision.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Childish move on his part, everyone knows he's a Sun. Also, fuck Rob Sarver.

The Suns weren't going to give him that contract, the Knicks were. And as he didn't want to retire as a member of the Heat his options were fairly limited.