• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Am I the only one who thinks this Stempniak "slump" is overrated?

Automattic

I'm baaaaaaack....
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
(Toronto Sun)

"STEMPNIAK RESTLESS

Lee Stempniak, always a threat to score with the Leafs — though he rarely did — is getting the cold shoulder from the Phoenix Coyotes and a lot of other NHL teams.

As ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun points out, next to Ilya Kovalchuk, Stempniak — with 28 goals last season — is the most productive scorer left on the free agent market.

The Leafs traded the slumping Stempniak to Phoenix last March, where he suddenly caught fire with 13 goals in his first 14 games. But he turned cold again in the playoffs, with just two assists in seven games.

Coyotes general manager, Don Maloney, admits he made a “low offer” to Stempniak."

I already factored in the source.:rolleyes: But with all the lack of interest it's hard to deny. I'll admit that I didn't notice him much when I went to game 3, he did get one of his 2 assists that game but it was garbage.

But all in all, his best year(s) could very well be ahead of him, imo. I don't know, maybe its all the Blues coverage I get around here that leads me to believe that.