• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Am I the only one that is afraid this will end badly?

Indian Chief

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get me wrong, I don't put a lot of stock in anything that Yahoo writes. But the idea that this horrible situation is dragging on and on...I'm scared. If I am Schneider, I am counting the days until I can leave this mess. This has to feel like Vancouver all over again for him.

Yahoo! Sports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Cory is that narrow minded then I'm not sure I want him as the goalie of the future. The team gave up a 1st rounder to get him. Short of giving a player an insane contract as a free agent , that's the biggest commitment you can give someone.

It isn't like the situation in Vancouver. They had money and years tied up in Luongo. We have neither invested in Marty.

I'm sure Cory is smart enough to know that he has a solid opportunity here.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus there is no number 1 goalie here. DeBoer has gone with the hot hand for most of the season.

If Cory shuts out Florida tomorrow then Marty gets rocked in Tampa all of the sudden it's Cory getting the starts again.

I'm sure it's not fun for either guy but the team needs the hot hand in there this time of year

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think its good to have this type of competition. Both goalies know that their next poor or mediocre performance will cost them starts. Marty earned his last few starts.
Team right now is trying to make the playoffs. Coach will put the hot goalie out there. I would hope both understand. No time for feelings at this point of the season.

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I've sort of convinced myself that it's no use worrying until next season starts and he hasn't already signed an extension. 49x7.

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Also, funny thing, if I told you at last years draft that Cory and Bobby Lou would be facing off as the goalies for the Devils and Panthers 9 months later, what would you have said? haha.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cory's last three starts have been below his capability.... I think they want him to start however mix Cory's play of late with urgency to win... The hot hand goes.

What fucking kills me is that the offensive production n defensive effort have been night n day between goalies...

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
making the playoffs by playing the "hot" goalie now but at what cost down the line?

also i dont care if marty is riding a 10 game win streak going into the playoffs. you start cory and you ride him. we got lucky that fluke goal against the flyers didn't demoralize this team like it usually does. have to worry about that happening every game in a 7 game set? no thanks!

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If I had to guess now, I would say Cory will be the starter if this team made the playoffs. But like Calamity mentioned, his last few starts were below what we should expect from a starting goalie and goalie of the future. We know what he is capable of and seen it most of the season. I am sure he will bounce back but if has a bad game tonight, and Marty keeps winning, he doesn't deserve to start.

If this team makes the playoffs, you have 2 goalies who are both capable of being number 1s. I am not saying they should be rotated, but if Cory has a horrible game 1, you start Marty in 2. At least if I am coach.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i would give marty the shorter leash his stats are worse and you know he likes giving up softies.

marty has 1 bad game he gets the hook. cory needs to have 2 bad games before he gets the hook

Indian Chief

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All excellent points.

I guess what I see in Schneider is a player that is 28 years old in a few days. He has shown the capability of being one of the best goalies in the league. However, without a chance to show that, I doubt he gets top goalie money. A team might give him good goalie money, but there is a difference. I don't think he would be narrow minded to want the best for his future.

I also cannot believe that playing once a week keeps you on top of your game, no matter how hard you practice and how professional you are.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yeah this whole "hot" goalie stuff is crap. Marty in his prime went through bad games what's he get? He ends up playing in 70 games a season we get first round boots. If you want to give Corey #1 title then play him like one. He should've been innenet the next game after the wings loss. It says you have confidence in him and that hes your go to guy.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Not totally Corys fault but at same time, franchise future number 1 goalie steals a game against the panthers, no?
Fayne with the dumbass play of the game tonight.

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah this whole "hot" goalie stuff is crap. Marty in his prime went through bad games what's he get? He ends up playing in 70 games a season we get first round boots. If you want to give Corey #1 title then play him like one. He should've been innenet the next game after the wings loss. It says you have confidence in him and that hes your go to guy.

LMAO...haters gotta hate

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not totally Corys fault but at same time, franchise future number 1 goalie steals a game against the panthers, no?
Fayne with the dumbass play of the game tonight.
Yes I'm 50/50 on it not totally on Cory... Elias n fayne with the two major f ups...

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PDB is a major tool, but Cory should shut his yap and have some fucking respect. As was already stated, he knows Marty might play one more season, at best. And he knows the Devils don't have a goalie of the future aside from himself. Just shut up and play for now. We don't need this crap while the team is trying to make the playoffs.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cory put the loss on himself.. Not that it helps but he owns it as usual

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I agree with Corey that was on him. Gotta make a big save. Can't recall I remember Marty taking the blame. Bad ice at winter classic and I remember one other time that sticks out I think pdb first year he said he wishes we go back to a more defensive system lol