• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Am I the only one being totally annoyed by the Habs?

DerringerEagle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Habs are out of gas, plain and simple. A lot of it has to do with the Flyers' play, but Montreal just looks like they have nothing left to me.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't some of you kind of expect this from Montreal as well? Camalleri, Halak, and others have been hot. They have been playing way beyond their talent level. This happens in the SC playoffs a lot, but after awhile, the team and those hot performers come back to their general level.

I'm not trying to take anything away from Montreal, but you have to think beating both WAS and PIT took a lot out of this team and they've been playing well above their usual level.

I kind of expect Philly to win this series and then the Hawks to roll in the finals.

scottflyers88

Lets Go Flyers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
so what happened to the rule (I just started to spell it rool..LOL) that the starter doesn't loos his job due to injury?

well it is different. he got injured and was still injured in the playoffs. he did not play in 2 months so they did not want to throw him into a game especially with boucher playing well. we were facing elimination so we could not make mistakes. leighton actually returned from injury in game 5 of the second round. boucher got injured that game and thankfully leighton was there to jump in. it was pretty much perfect timing.

Automattic

I'm baaaaaaack....
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think the Pens and Caps had people in front of Halak. The difference is that the guy in front of him for Philly is drawing 2 to 3 habs at a time. That leaves too much space for guys like Briere to do his thing at the top of the circles or Gagne to bang one home from the far post.

ROOLZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
haha. i understand you. i thought you thought i was making fun of the caps or pens because you said, i guess i deserve that.

i would want some exciting hockey also if i were you. as a flyers fan i am happy with the results. the last series was a lot for me. it was historic although i was very stressed out.

and i understand that 100% what's not to like about a couple of shutouts at home. I'd feel the same way if my team were in the Flyers position.

Who knows though, obviously Flyers fans know things can change in a series pretty quick. I'm hoping to see some competition here soon. The series and games are supposed to get more intense and competitive as they go... especially a 7 vs. 8.

So far this is looking like a first round 1 vs. 8 matchup... no not like the 1 vs. 8 matchup we just saw between the Caps and Habs, but a "regular" 1 v 8 where the 1 does what it's supposed to fo.

ROOLZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Habs are out of gas, plain and simple. A lot of it has to do with the Flyers' play, but Montreal just looks like they have nothing left to me.

Exactly! Nail on the head.

Play the 1 and 4 seeds with sheer guts and determination, fighting 'til the very end, and roll over and play dead for the 7 seed..THAT'S what's pissing me off.

Again, no discredit to the Flyers and their fans. They have so far game planned perfectly to win this series, but the habs, IMHO, are making things a bit too easy.

postmaster

RIP Steve
Hoopla Cash
$ 250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Play the 1 and 4 seeds with sheer guts and determination, fighting 'til the very end, and roll over and play dead for the 7 seed..THAT'S what's pissing me off.

Again, no discredit to the Flyers and their fans. They have so far game planned perfectly to win this series, but the habs, IMHO, are making things a bit too easy.

Just out of curiousity, how can you agree that a team has nothing left in the tank and then say they are rolling over and playing dead in the same sentence?

scottflyers88

Lets Go Flyers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
some writers form philadelphia actually seemed to think the flyers would lose game 1 after the way the second round was. as a flyers fan though i will admit the canadiens outplayed the flyers for the first half of this game.

ROOLZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i understand roolz. when your team is not in it you want to see some exciting hockey.

bingo. I want the fans of both teams sweating it out for 3 periods while I calmly sit back, have a brew and some chips, and enjoy some playoff hockey.

That's just the way it should be, and I'm sure more fans of eliminated teams feel that way than don't.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey guys and gals...been a few days for me on here.

Is it just me, or are the Habs pissing anyone else off?

Was their goal just to embarrass the Caps and Pens, and then throw in the towel?

No offense Flyers fans, but I'm not seeing the same team i saw against the Caps and pens, and it's irritating the shit out of me!

I think the Habs fans are probably annoyed.

DerringerEagle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Well I wouldn't say they are rolling over per say. I'm sure they are playing as hard as they can but it's just not enough. When things like this happen it sucks but they worked hard for those wins over Washington and Pittsburgh. At the very least they shut people like MD up this year :)

ROOLZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Gill has been on the ice for 6 of the Flyers 9 goals.

wow. I didn't realize that. That's kind of shocking, but like, I think eloco said, the Habs have been playing above their head the past 2 series, and I guess they're all man by man petering out, but at the completely wrong time. I guess if the tank's empty, it's empty.

I'm afraid we won't see much, if any change though. They could lose in sweeping fashion, and be looked at still as the little engine that almost could, and I'm sure their fans will be happy and proud of their team after the smoke clears.

ROOLZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Just out of curiousity, how can you agree that a team has nothing left in the tank and then say they are rolling over and playing dead in the same sentence?

I dunno. If you've got nothing in the tank, it's pretty easy to roll over, no?

I'm not saying they're playing like shit on purpose here, I'm just saying, for whatever the reason, it irks me that they play great in taking out the Caps and Pens, and Philluy gets to play a shell of the team that looked damn good for 2 series.

satisfy your curiosity?

postmaster

RIP Steve
Hoopla Cash
$ 250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno. If you've got nothing in the tank, it's pretty easy to roll over, no?

I'm not saying they're playing like shit on purpose here, I'm just saying, for whatever the reason, it irks me that they play great in taking out the Caps and Pens, and Philluy gets to play a shell of the team that looked damn good for 2 series.

satisfy your curiosity?

Sure, I guess we just have a different opinion of what it means to roll over and play dead. No big deal.

ROOLZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think the Habs fans are probably annoyed.

LMFAO..seriously sitting in my office alone laughing! I can guarantee that the Habs fans are more than likely a bit more annoyed than i am.

scottflyers88

Lets Go Flyers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i think the canadiens played well in game 2 and leighton was just really good. they outshot the flyers 16-6 in the first. they flyers had to earn their way here also. remember our round 2?