• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Am I crazy to think that our schedule looks pretty easy?

Wolvie

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After watching the preseason so far it looks as though a lot of teams aren't looking nearly as good as once thought. The NFC East looks awful with the exception of Philly. The AFC West has Denver and SD, but KC lost a lot from last year (but we still play them at Arrowhead). GB is now down their starting center and dt for our week 1 matchup and Carolina lost a lot of offensive starters over the offseason.

And then there is our division. Bradford is now out for the year, the cardinals lost some big name starters on D, and SF has looked pathetic up to this point. Our first three games are tough: GB, @SD, and DEN. But if we get through that unscathed then we may be on cruise control until week 12 when we host the Cardinals.

Of course a lot will happen between now and then but what once was thought to be a brutal schedule is starting to look a LOT more manageable.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a double-edged sword. You'd think that all these injuries and suspensions on other teams would be a good thing for the Seahawks, but they can't afford to think that way, especially now that they're the defending champs (saying that will never get old), and they're going to be getting the best that every team is capable of putting up every week. Every team is going to want to say that they took down the champs, so even if those teams are missing parts, the Hawks have to play it like they aren't. I don't think Carroll will allow them to play down to their opponents in that or any other situation, but it's a trap that defending champs have fallen into before. Besides, I kinda want the schedule to be a bit difficult, so that when the Seahawks get back into the playoffs, they can't be written off for not having a difficult enough regular season schedule.

Wolvie

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, cuz you have to play the Cards twice ;)
I think the Cards might be the stiffest competition we get this year. I can see you guys getting around 10 wins and making the playoffs as the #2 team out of the NFCWest.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First, dont take too much from preseason.........
Second, for any team that we thought would be tough and is down. (last year for example the Giants and Falcons) There will be teams that take a step and we didn't think would be tough but end up good this year (Last year for example the Cards and Colts)

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the opening game sure did get a lot less foreboding with the 3 injuries to starters GB had over the weekend.

It's waaaaaay too early to write off or fear any team. Injuries are the norm in this league and things can change from week to week for any/all teams because of it.

I do go around busting the myth you see a lot on the general board that the SB champ always has the toughest schedule, but on any given sunday these are all pro teams. Look at the scares they had last year against what should have been 'easy' games.

They just need to avoid serious injuries to key players and take it week by week and it will all work out fine.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cards are going to be the hardest on our schedule even with the loss of Dockett. Their O-Line looks good so far and Fitz/Floyd are the only two WRs capable in the West hanging with the LOB. Ellington should be solid and their D is no joke. Campbell destroyed us last year and add in Buchanon who can bring the hurt.... yikes.

I think this is the year we snag 2 from San Fran.

St. Louis I expect us to beat twice (with the loss of Bradford) but they will be tight/close stressful games.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is going to be pretty tough. Broncos, Eagles, Packers, Niners and Cards will all be tough matches.

But I also think this team is good enough to still be a dominant force. This isn't the 2005 Seahawks which feasted off of a pretty weak schedule. They did go 5-3 against teams with winning records last year, not including the playoffs which would obviously move us to 8-3.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easy? Seattle can be 1-2 through 3 games. Division games are always tough especially since every team in the west has a good defense. As for non division games, winning in san diego & kansas city will be tough because they're good teams and obviously the Broncos for obvious reasons. Outside of that the eagles game in Philadelphia in December will be difficult. Oakland, new york, dallas, and Washington should be comfortable wins. Carolina can be tricky though. Shitty offense but defense should keep them in games

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easy? Seattle can be 1-2 through 3 games. Division games are always tough especially since every team in the west has a good defense. As for non division games, winning in san diego & kansas city will be tough because they're good teams and obviously the Broncos for obvious reasons. Outside of that the eagles game in Philadelphia in December will be difficult. Oakland, new york, dallas, and Washington should be comfortable wins. Carolina can be tricky though. Shitty offense but defense should keep them in games

You sincerely HOPE!! lol If Seattle loses two games AT home all year, let alone the first two of the season ill literelly shit a brick.

GB is solid, but come on, The NFL admitted it went out of their way to not give Seattle primetime home games because Seattle routes whoever gets put in front of them (As a saints fan you have first hand knowledge of this). The NFL HAD to give us this game, do you honestly think, a home prime time game, in which the first superbowl banner in team history gets unveiled that they will lose?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who said Seattle loses 2 home games? If they go 1-2 it will be a home L to either green bay or denver and they lose in san diego. No way are they starting 1-2 if they win in san diego but it's not that far fetched to see them losing 1 of their first 2 home games

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You need to read better. I never stated they will lose both home games

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1-2 is certainly possible. Although I don't think the odds are that great. But it could definitely happen.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree which is why I said can and not will. 2-1 is more likely and 3-0 possible also.

1-2 isn't likely but it can happen......they're playing 3 playoffs teams so the games should be close I assume

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You sincerely HOPE!! lol If Seattle loses two games AT home all year, let alone the first two of the season ill literelly shit a brick.

GB is solid, but come on, The NFL admitted it went out of their way to not give Seattle primetime home games because Seattle routes whoever gets put in front of them (As a saints fan you have first hand knowledge of this). The NFL HAD to give us this game, do you honestly think, a home prime time game, in which the first superbowl banner in team history gets unveiled that they will lose?

Damn I wish I would have known that the NFL set up the opening game to the NFL season as a guaranted win for the home team picking a team they will surely beat. I bought tickets to this game from a person that was only going to sell his tickets to Seahawk fans and am flying from 1600 miles away in a game my team has no chance of winning because the champs cant lose a game where they raise a championship banner.

If this is league policy it almost didnt come true a few years back when the Packers had the league opening game on a Thursday night against the Saints. It took a goal line stand as time ran out to hang on for a win.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn I wish I would have known that the NFL set up the opening game to the NFL season as a guaranted win for the home team picking a team they will surely beat. I bought tickets to this game from a person that was only going to sell his tickets to Seahawk fans and am flying from 1600 miles away in a game my team has no chance of winning because the champs cant lose a game where they raise a championship banner.

If this is league policy it almost didnt come true a few years back when the Packers had the league opening game on a Thursday night against the Saints. It took a goal line stand as time ran out to hang on for a win.

NFL wary of putting Seahawks home games in prime-time due to recent blowouts | ProFootballTalk

According to a league source, the NFL was wary of putting Seahawks home games on in prime-time due to their track record of blowouts in nationally televised games played in Seattle the last several seasons.

Last edited by a moderator:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
San Diego is a bad team. Seattle never been some dominant road team. They find ways to win but the games are usually rather close. They're 9-7 on the road over the last 2 years. Nothing special at all. Just because you hammered san diego in preseason at home means nothing on September 14th. Denver is a dominant road team. 12-4 over a 2 yr span on the road is impressive. I don't know if san diego will win but should be competitive and would not shocked me in the least bit if they won

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
San Diego is a bad team. Seattle never been some dominant road team. They find ways to win but the games are usually rather close. They're 9-7 on the road over the last 2 years. Nothing special at all. Just because you hammered san diego in preseason at home means nothing on September 14th. Denver is a dominant road team. 12-4 over a 2 yr span on the road is impressive. I don't know if san diego will win but should be competitive and would not shocked me in the least bit if they won

I don't think you are being realistic. I may be a hawk homer, but it seems like you are desperately trying to find losses for the Hawks in hopes your team can get HFA throughout the playoffs since that is just about your only chance to make the SB. If the Hawks show well against the Packers, I think they will be 3-0. I am not saying they will easily take out the Chargers on the road, but I don't think it will be a nail biter either. I will be there, so I guess I will find out first hand. Broncos could be tough as well, but at home is a big advantage for our defense. We will also see if Welker can see straight by then.