• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alshon Jeffery 249 Lbs 4.88 40

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would prefer Sanu over Jeffery.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Sanu not comparable to Crabtree in terms of size?

Slightly redundent?

I am intrigued by Sanu, dont get me wrong.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00

Slightly redundent?

Sanu is listed at an inch taller and a pound heavier, but Sanu is clearly a much tougher RW. He's faster too.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sanu is listed at an inch taller and a pound heavier, but Sanu is clearly a much tougher RW. He's faster too.

RW?(WR?) :llama:

an inch taller doesn't make the world of difference to me(IMO), it's not comparing 6'1 to 6'4...

Speed Idk, i would have to take your word on that.

But isn't Sanu another possesion type WR similar to Crabs and Morgan? or do you view him differently?

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slightly redundent?

So is Blackmon. What's your point?

Sanu is the #2 WR in this draft.

Bigger, stronger, and more athletic than Crabtree.

Last edited by a moderator:

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
While I'd love to get a guy who is 6'3" or taller, we can be fine with a guy who isn't that big. Crabtree's size is more than adequate. He's hurt more by his speed and lack of concentration (thus the drops).

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So is Blackmon. What's your point?

Sanu is the #2 WR in this draft.

Bigger, stronger, and more athletic than Crabtree.

Wow, didn't realize Blackmon is that short, he plays a lot bigger than that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Oh, and as for the nfldraftscout measurements, they're the site I use almost exclusively for measurements. After the combine. Not sure how accurate they'll be at this point.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
While I'd love to get a guy who is 6'3" or taller, we can be fine with a guy who isn't that big. Crabtree's size is more than adequate. He's hurt more by his speed and lack of concentration (thus the drops).

I disagree, I want a guy 6'4" or taller that can be our red zone threat.
Do you know how many times the Saints line up in the red zone and split Jimmy Graham out so he's covered one and one and they throw the jump ball to him?

We need a red zone guy that can consistently beat single coverage and win jump ball situations.

We don't have a red zone threat like that. Vernon is our biggest red zone threat but he's not a jump ball guy, he's a short slant guy who run over the safety on the short route (like the catch III). All the other WRs are non-existent in terms of being a red zone threat.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Do you know how many times the Saints line up in the red zone and split Jimmy Graham out so he's covered one and one and they throw the jump ball to him?

We need a red zone guy that can consistently beat single coverage and win jump ball situations.

We don't have a red zone threat like that. Vernon is our biggest red zone threat but he's not a jump ball guy, he's a short slant guy who run over the safety on the short route (like the catch III). All the other WRs are non-existent in terms of being a red zone threat.

Don't get me wrong, I'm looking at taller guys, too. But I wouldn't pass on great value at WR because the guy is only 6'2". We need talent first and foremost. Whether it's height, speed, hands, reach, etc. doesn't matter as much to me as the guy's total ability.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Plus it wouldn't make sense to spend a first round pick on a red zone threat. First round picks should be good all around. You can find a red zone target anywhere you want in the draft. Shoot, you can even go to a local pick up basketball game and find a red zone threat for cheap (just playing...kind of).

freaak

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter

SF knows where it needs help: 49ers expected to pursue a free-agent WR and use one of their top draft picks on another WR.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alshon Jeffery - WR - Player Appearing on media conference call Wednesday, NFL Network's Mike Mayock confirmed that he's heard the rumors about South Carolina WR Alshon Jeffery's weight ballooning before the Combine.
Mayock emphasized that Jeffery needs desperately to get in shape and run well in the forty-yard dash. "Alshon Jeffery does not separate," said Mayock. "What those guys run is important. He needs to run somewhere in those mid-4.5s." Mayock recently bumped Jeffery down his receiver rankings and does not believe he'll be a first-round pick. "Big and fast is good," said Mayock. "Big and slow is bad. Bottom line is, he has got to run well."

Rueben Randle - WR - Player In NFL Network draft guru Mike Mayock's updated top-five position rankings, he has Rueben Randle rated as the No. 4 receiver available for the 2012 draft.
Mayock, who makes changes based on continual pre-draft film study and info from NFL teams, moved South Carolina's Alshon Jeffery to No. 5 and Wake Forest's Chris Givens out of the top five. His top three are Justin Blackmon, Kendall Wright, and Michael Floyd. (Wright leaped Floyd.) Randle is a candidate for a big Combine. He was listed at 6-foot-4, 208 at LSU and averaged nearly 17 yards per catch in college. Meanwhile, Jeffery's perceived stock is slipping

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter

SF knows where it needs help: 49ers expected to pursue a free-agent WR and use one of their top draft picks on another WR.

Good. Go sign Vincent Jackson, and then get a more raw WR with potential in the 3rd or later rounds.

Re-sign Rogers and Goldson and then use the 1st round pick on a OLB to replace Brooks.

Anthony Spencer of the Cowboys is gonna get tagged, there's not too many good 3-4 OLBs out there in free agency except Super Mario Williams, so I think Brooks is gonna want to get paid big. We might have to draft his replacement. I'm actually not that concerned about losing Brooks to be honest. I think we could replace him in the draft.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Man, I'm WAY out of the draft loop this year. I hadn't even heard of Rueben Randle and Chris Givens until today. I guess that's partially because we actually make the playoffs this year and I didn't turn my attentions to the offseason as early.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
In perhaps more surprising news, I didn't even realize who Kate Upton was until yesterday. Missing out on a good college FG player? Ok. Missing out on a gorgeous blonde? Maybe cause for concern.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Good. Go sign Vincent Jackson, and then get a more raw WR with potential in the 3rd or later rounds.

Re-sign Rogers and Goldson and then use the 1st round pick on a OLB to replace Brooks.

Anthony Spencer of the Cowboys is gonna get tagged, there's not too many good 3-4 OLBs out there in free agency except Super Mario Williams, so I think Brooks is gonna want to get paid big. We might have to draft his replacement. I'm actually not that concerned about losing Brooks to be honest. I think we could replace him in the draft.

I'm torn on Brooks. We're paper thin at OLB, and there isn't a whole lot out there in FA or the draft at that spot. My hope is that he'll realize that he finally started putting things together in SF this year and will want to stick around. Bit of a longshot, but we'll see.