• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alshon Jeffery 249 Lbs 4.88 40

Smalls

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
That highlight just reminds me how a timed 40 doesn't always mean much. If Jeffery runs a 4.8 (I know that "report" was disproved), how does he run around Dennard? Does Dennard run a 4.9?

Neither are burners. I'm not trying to make a point, either. It's just interesting to me how differently things can be interpreted.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I look at Alshon, the more I see how I could love a wr like him. I just would be worried that he'd not focus on his workout. If he takes the NFL serious he could be the next Anquan Boldin. If we drafted him I would most certainly hope that we have the conditioning coach explain to him how great he could be, then I'd want to make sure that he knew that Boldin got $10 million a season for his style of play, then I'd want it explained to him that with his great hands he could be better than Boldin (who also slipped in the draft due to his 40 time).

Add Jeffery to the short list of wr's I wouldn't be mad at in the 1st.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alshon Jeffery Highlights - YouTube

I'm noticing that when they press him he's such a load too handle that they don't get a chance to look for the ball in the air. His hands are phenomenal, it seems like he catches anything near him. I'm liking him more and more. Add some good coaching to his mix and we might have a steal at #30 (if he's still there).

You almost have too take him at 30 if you're the Niners.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping he drops in our laps.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If Jeffery has a 10-yard split under 1.55 he'll be going in the 1st round

BallsOfFury

Next man up
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
The jeffrey may cause deficiencies to offense including but not limited to: impacting overall motor skills of offense; blurry visions of big slow moving WR's floating across playing field; heightened feelings of anxiety to any QB waiting in pocket; overall game time experience may increase

:rofl:

:rofl:

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For a guy that's slow he had no problems getting open in college, and you know teams planned coverages for him. The Gamecocks only had 2 players on offense you had to worry about, Lattimore and Jeffery. Even when Lattimore got hurt they still found ways to get Jeffery the ball.

I still say if his 40 time is 4.5 or lower he does not fall to us. If he runs over 4.5 I think he drops to the 2nd round. He could end up a late 2nd round pick if they start putting flags on his worth ethnic and character.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
For a guy that's slow he had no problems getting open in college, and you know teams planned coverages for him.

This is EXACTLY the rationale that gets slow WRs like Crabtree, Mike Williams & JJ Stokes drafted in the top 10.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
For a guy that's slow he had no problems getting open in college, and you know teams planned coverages for him. The Gamecocks only had 2 players on offense you had to worry about, Lattimore and Jeffery. Even when Lattimore got hurt they still found ways to get Jeffery the ball.

I still say if his 40 time is 4.5 or lower he does not fall to us. If he runs over 4.5 I think he drops to the 2nd round. He could end up a late 2nd round pick if they start putting flags on his worth ethnic and character.

There are so many players this applies to from recent history who have struggled in the NFL.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

This is EXACTLY the rationale that gets slow WRs like Crabtree, Mike Williams & JJ Stokes drafted in the top 10.

And Anquan Boldin. And Wes Welker. And Brandon Marshall. And Marques Colston. And Brandon Lloyd. And Hakeen Nicks. And Stevie Johnson. And Dez Bryant. All those guys were 4.5+ in the 40 and are very good receivers. Obviously speed is important, but writing someone off entirely solely because of his speed (unless we're talking 4.7+) is silly.

I don't have a strong opinion on Jeffrey, just saying that the examples above shouldn't make us turn our back on potential talent at WR due to a 40 time.

johnshadows64

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Way overrated; he'll be another SCar WR bust.

Yeah, like Robert Brooks, Sidney Rice, and Sterling Sharpe. Alshon Jeffrey catches the football as well as anyone on the Planet. The real problem is he's been 'undercoached' by Steve Spurrier Jr., who doesn't know his ass from his elbow, in college. You take AJ1 and put him in the hands of a competent WR coach, who constantly pushes him to improve his routes, and you've got a big, physical receiver who can catch for you on 3rd down, and downfield, too. He's had 70-80 yard TD receptions against SEC competition. As far as the 'fat' thing goes, we heard that coming into fall practice this year, and I went out and watched some of those. Nonsense - guy looked tall, sleek, in shape, and will at the combine as well - FACT!

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
And Anquan Boldin. And Wes Welker. And Brandon Marshall. And Marques Colston. And Brandon Lloyd. And Hakeen Nicks. And Stevie Johnson. And Dez Bryant. All those guys were 4.5+ in the 40 and are very good receivers. Obviously speed is important, but writing someone off entirely solely because of his speed (unless we're talking 4.7+) is silly.

I don't have a strong opinion on Jeffrey, just saying that the examples above shouldn't make us turn our back on potential talent at WR due to a 40 time.

First of all Brandon Marshall ran a 4.52 at just over 6'4 & 229 pounds. That isn't slow.

Colston was injured in the offseason he was drafted.

Dez
didn't run at the combine; any non-combine times are irrelivant.

I don't even know if Welker was invited to the combine.

Boldin & Johnson ran slow 40's, but they weren't 1st round picks, and neither should Fat boy Jeffery be. I'm not saying he won't be any good, but he's slow on film. And not just slow top speed but slow acceleration. And Boldin wasn't slow on film.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i haven't watched a lot of jeffery, but he seems like tight end might be better for him. some thought marshall would end up being a tight end because he was slow, but they were wrong at the time and in hindsight.

when i see jeffrey i see a more athletic jj stokes. is that worth a 1st rounder?

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well lets not forget, it's a late first rounder... 30th overall....shouldn't be expecting top of the line WRs and not saying Jeffery is not capable but around that slot IMO, there'll be WRs with question marks usually.

someone might reach to begin with and force another talent to our laps....