• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

All things offseason

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
So far there are some good things flashing:

1. Hoyer seems ok as a stop gap, better than reports of him playing badly. He will have good games and he will have bad games, that is why he's a stop gap.
2. the O-line seems to be pass protecting well, better than they can't do either.
3. the run D seems to be better, granted the bar is low. Beats remaining at the bar.
4. Seems like the offense will move a little consistently, and score a few more TD's?

looking ahead, we have extra 2nd and 3rd round picks, and have cap space to extend our own.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 49ers made 17 roster moves today. They released QB Matt Barkley, C Tim Barnes, RB Kapri Bibbs, CB Will Davis, DL Leger Douzable, OL Andrew Garnder, RB Tim Hightower, OL Andrew Lauderdale, FB Tyler McCloskey, WR Louis Murphy, WR Tim Patrick, OL Norman Price, K Nick Rose, LB Shayne Skov and S Vinnie Sunseri. CBs Prince Charles Iworah and Will Redmond were given the waived/injured designation and will revert to injured reserve assuming they clear waivers. The roster now stands at 71 players, leaving 18 more moves that must be made before Saturday's 1 p.m. PT deadline.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is that Jeremy Zuttah makes the Pro Bowl last year and has now been traded and cut twice this offseason?

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope we at least took a look at WR Kelvin Benjamin before the Panthers sent him packing to the Bills. He's the kind of BIG WR our offense is missing. And the BIlls got him for just a 3rd and a 7th.

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of WRs, here are a few that are set to be FAs this offseason (barring the tag):

Alshon Jeffrey, Eagles
Allen Robinson, Jags
Jarvis Landry, Dolphins
Davante Adams, Packers
Jordan Matthews, Bills
Terrelle Pryor, Skins
Sammy Watkins, Rams
Marquise Lee, Jags

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Will Redmond released too. I hated that pick and to me demonstrated how bad Baalke was

Yep, very dissapointed Redmond didn't even help at all?! I also thought Robinson was doing well and would be a good find, alas.

Just reinforces the fact we NEED good drafts. Regardless of the positions, whomever you pick needs to pan out.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, very dissapointed Redmond didn't even help at all?! I also thought Robinson was doing well and would be a good find, alas.

Just reinforces the fact we NEED good drafts. Regardless of the positions, whomever you pick needs to pan out.

I had given up on most of Baalke's draft picks ever panning out unless they were top of the draft kind types.

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had given up on most of Baalke's draft picks ever panning out unless they were top of the draft kind types.
Baalke draft picks getting shipped out left and right. Armstead is on deck...

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that it matters to 49ers fans anymore but Alex Smith traded to the Redskins. The only question now is where will Cousins go?

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,551.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do they let Jimmy G walk and go after KC with Smith being traded to the Redskins?

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do they let Jimmy G walk and go after KC with Smith being traded to the Redskins?

LOL, no. The KC to SF thing is way overhyped. It was reported Shanahan liked JG coming out of college and was one of his top QB prospects. the 49ers wanted to trade for Jimmy G last offseason. They have the QB they want

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No that won't happen. If they didn't have Garoppolo then they probably would go after Cousins.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Will Garoppolo, McCarron be able to adjust once defenses see what they can do?

Don't see this as a concern for JG, he has proven he can spread it around to a lot of receivers. He processes fast, and throws fast, so there is only so much a D can do? We think he's closer to "one of the great ones", as opposed to "defenses hasn't seen him enough". If this was true of JG, the Jaguars would've figured him out. AND be able to do something.

If anything, he'll have to throw a few more downfield, but not worried about that now. Joe Montana wasn't known for his ability to throw downfield.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Chiefs corner Marcus Peters a trade target 49ers should consider?

Marcus Peters is no doubt tempting, but the team chemistry is too important. We have a very good thing going and chemistry isn't always there, don't ruin it.

With Reuben Foster already at issue, adding another 'headache', is too much.

As far as from what I've seen, Marcus Peters is one of the most overrated players in football. He has a nose for the ball, but he does that a bit on taking risks. I believe it was his rookie year where he was hailed as a great corner, but actually gave up the most yards to receivers in the league.

Plus as you say...he's just another problem child. I'm tired of watching these knuckleheads in the league in general, let alone being on SF.