• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL All players should get paid as much as possible

maximized deals

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Far from everybody. Go back to the original post and the majority of posters ranked them very low so you’re completely wrong.
QB are really important and they get drafted high
DLine is really important and they get drafted high
Kickers aren’t important and get drafted low
But somehow Centers are this crucial SB winning position but GMs simply refuse to use elite picks on them. Wonder why.

I've been over this for over a year and yet you still don't understand.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think anyone knows the average length of time each position has but I’m sure it’s pretty damn similar. Center is the easiest position to play and demands the least amount of talent and ability. Centers are too weak to play Guard and not athletically gifted enough to play Tackle... especially LT.
I don’t think the draft gives us more good Centers then other positions. What leads you to believe that? Is it because being a good QB is really hard and being a good Center is a lot easier?

You're way wrong on that

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tell me a non ST position that requires less athletic giftedness than Center. There isn’t one to make your life easier.

Yeah, you go tell Kelce he's unathletic and shit and see how fast he makes you look like an ass.
WR and RB run routes. Centers line calls keeps the QB on his feet. What's more important?

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, you go tell Kelce he's unathletic and shit and see how fast he makes you look like an ass.
WR and RB run routes. Centers line calls keeps the QB on his feet. What's more important?

The Tackles who actually protect him. Kelce is athletic for a Center and probably the slowest player on the team.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why are we atlking about centers again

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Repeating yourself doesn't help

Ignoring the truth does help you.

I will straight up drop it and admit I was wrong and you were right if you just answer one thing. You are saying C is a vital position. I get that and I hear you. My one question is over the last 50 years not one GM ever took a Center in the top 10. Every single other position has gone top 5 even fullback and TE (not including ST players). 500 picks. Virtually every position has been number 1 but no Center in a half century has even cracked the top ten. Not even that one supreme, 1/2 century elite supreme C hasn’t even cracked the top 10. Why is that when EVERY position has cracked the top 5 with RB, QB, Tackle, WR, DE, DT, all going #1.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ignoring the truth does help you.

I will straight up drop it and admit I was wrong and you were right if you just answer one thing. You are saying C is a vital position. I get that and I hear you. My one question is over the last 50 years not one GM ever took a Center in the top 10. Every single other position has gone top 5 even fullback and TE (not including ST players). 500 picks. Virtually every position has been number 1 but no Center in a half century has even cracked the top ten. Not even that one supreme, 1/2 century elite supreme C hasn’t even cracked the top 10. Why is that when EVERY position has cracked the top 5 with RB, QB, Tackle, WR, DE, DT, all going #1.

Very simple. Only 2 spots to fill and generally the C has a longer life span then other positions. WR has what 6-8 slots to fill, RB 4 or 5 to fill. CB 6-8 spots filled and of course QB will always be drafted since they're the key to the franchise. It's all about depth.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very simple. Only 2 spots to fill and generally the C has a longer life span then other positions. WR has what 6-8 slots to fill, RB 4 or 5 to fill. CB 6-8 spots filled and of course QB will always be drafted since they're the key to the franchise. It's all about depth.

Oooh, so you’re saying GMs use top 10 picks on their 8th CB, and 8th WR? No team carried 8 WR or 8 CB by the way. They use top 10 picks on starters so 1 C, 1 QB, 1 LT, 1 RB, 2 CB