• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

All Elite Wrestling

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. You don’t want those types of numbers for a go home show. It started low and ended lower. I could understand it more if it was something major going on in sports or the news but there really wasn’t on Wednesday night. It makes me interested in seeing what this ppv’s numbers are going to be because there’s really not a lot on the show that I’m all that invested in.
Their lead in was down 19% from normal and so realistically that’s why their rating was so low. If you look at the ratings every week, the first quarter hour is always above 1 million because it’s the holdover from Big bang theory plus AEW fans tuning in. And then as the show goes on the numbers drop lower and lower and often times those first couple segment are the only ones over a million and the show usually ends around the 700-800k range.

Back when Punk was there you would get a spike back above million every now and then when he appeared later in the show but since the incident they haven’t had that.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Ringer had some decent read about AEW (Tony Khan and Toni Storm) this week. Nothing really new but if you got the time, its interesting. I knew TK was a wrestling nerd, but damn. He's a HUGE wrestling nerd

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tony Khan keeps signing people. I get this one though. He's really good. Never seen anyone run the ropes as fast as he does.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Full Gear was a really good show. Everything from the preshow to the main event was solid. Favorite match of the night was the women's title match. Lots of really great near falls and they finally pulled the trigger on Hayter

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I was at the show tonight. The crowd was electric for Hayter's title win. Lots of fights in the stand for some reason

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was at the show tonight. The crowd was electric for Hayter's title win. Lots of fights in the stand for some reason

What was going on during the tag title match? I assume a drunken fight with a dude getting thrown out. Lots of asshole and yes chants with people not paying attention to the ring

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
What was going on during the tag title match? I assume a drunken fight with a dude getting thrown out. Lots of asshole and yes chants with people not paying attention to the ring

I was a section over and still not sure what happened other than people screaming at each other, ready to fight, with eventually close to a dozen security guards removing someone from the premises.
That was the big one but there were a handful of other altercations too.

Maybe it was the Saturday night start time and that led to more drinking or something because I've never seen that at a wrestling show. The crowd was feisty.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's a pretty sweet mask Penta gave Kittle. NFL could make some serious cash if they branded those out to all teams and sold them

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, damn. Jericho and Ishii beat the shit out of each other and it was awesome. Jericho's chest is gonna be raw and sore for a week.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Punk has to be coming back. There’s no way the Elite are that petty and childish if this isn’t a storyline.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Punk has to be coming back. There’s no way the Elite are that petty and childish if this isn’t a storyline.

Was thinking the same thing after tonight. I'd believe it was just trolling if were just the Bucks. Them leaving the "fuck CM Punk" chants in the return BTE episode is just the kind of trolling childishness they're about. I'm not hating on them, I like them, but at the same time, they're also the kind of people that aren't above stuff like that. But Kenny is typically pretty straight laced (unless it comes to video games where he likes to clown around). So for him to give an interview that was released earlier in the day where he says "We can't really talk much about it. It's just best if everyone moved on" and then that night he hits Punk's GTS and then bites PAC, mimicking Ace Steele biting him during the brawl, that feels like there's something going on. Maybe Kenny got roped into the trolling too, but in the past, that hasn't been his style much.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Was thinking the same thing after tonight. I'd believe it was just trolling if were just the Bucks. Them leaving the "fuck CM Punk" chants in the return BTE episode is just the kind of trolling childishness they're about. I'm not hating on them, I like them, but at the same time, they're also the kind of people that aren't above stuff like that. But Kenny is typically pretty straight laced (unless it comes to video games where he likes to clown around). So for him to give an interview that was released earlier in the day where he says "We can't really talk much about it. It's just best if everyone moved on" and then that night he hits Punk's GTS and then bites PAC, mimicking Ace Steele biting him during the brawl, that feels like there's something going on. Maybe Kenny got roped into the trolling too, but in the past, that hasn't been his style much.

For what it's worth AEW was still selling CM Punk merch at the venue and his image was still on the production trucks this Saturday. Seemed strange.

To get deeper into the weeds of a conspiracy this was a Punk quote on why he went to AEW:

"Wrestlers will always tell you, 'Oh the boys, we're a big family, we care about each other in the wrestling business..." And none of that is entirely true, but to see everyone in the company band together just to keep a secret about somebody's health, I was blown away by that. I was blown away that it wasn't plastered all over every single website, and it was just kept secret. That made me go, 'Well there's something to that locker room.'"

CM Punk On How The Handling Of Brodie Lee's Health Made Him Want To Join AEW

Seems like a great locker room environment to try to pull off a major work.

Ace Steele randomly showing up on AEW TV as CM Punk's "best friend in the whole wide world" and then being involved in the brawl a couple weeks later always felt a little too convenient

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Preston Vance is asshole. Why Negative One hate?

Because Preston Vance is a bastard man

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Preston Vance is asshole. Why Negative One hate?

Because Preston Vance is a bastard man

I don’t get it.

Negative one should’ve turned heel with him

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t get it.

Negative one should’ve turned heel with him

What's not to get? Breaking a kid's heart is like the most heel thing you can do. If you're putting heel heat on Vance, it makes no sense to have Negative One go with him

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's not to get? Breaking a kid's heart is like the most heel thing you can do. If you're putting heel heat on Vance, it makes no sense to have Negative One go with him

It’s more I just love their relationship together and wouldve been fun to see them both turn heel