• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

All Elite Wrestling

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
That omega penta whatever his name is now, was straight fire. Absolutely fantastic.

If AEW needs more depth at the top of the singles division they should split the Lucha Bros up and have them wrestle singles matches permanently

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If AEW needs more depth at the top of the singles division they should split the Lucha Bros up and have them wrestle singles matches permanently

I don't really think they do. Especially not heels.

They already got Jericho, Omega, Lee, Cage, Archer who could all be or have been, top heels.

They could use another big face because right now it's Moxley and presumably Page.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I generally agree that those spots are contrived and done way too frequently but if you're going to do one a lumberjack match is the perfect time for it. The match stipulation is a built in explanation as to why wrestlers would be standing together in a group outside the ring. I thought the visual on that one was awesome.

This is agree with. It makes sense to drop a dude like that when all hell is already breaking loose outside the ring.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I generally agree that those spots are contrived and done way too frequently but if you're going to do one a lumberjack match is the perfect time for it. The match stipulation is a built in explanation as to why wrestlers would be standing together in a group outside the ring. I thought the visual on that one was awesome.
If they were done once in a while, I wouldn’t mind it as much and let it slide. But it feels like they do it at least once or twice a show and it just comes off making everyone looking stupid in my opinion.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The promos in the Mox/Kingston feud are pure fire. You can't do it much better than that. It was a feud that was sort of thrown together because Lance Archer got covid but they've managed to make it the most entertaining feud on the Full Gear card.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now I think they're gonna lose because he (if he's smart and wants a longer career) needs some time off to heal up. Which makes that no more title shot stip so fucking dumb.
I was thinking that it was too early to take the belts off FTR and seeing that earlier, I feel like they can do an injury angle and take Matt of tv for a bit and Nick can either go singles or maybe team with Hangman to try to get revenge since I feel like he’ll lose to Omega.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Full Gear was very entertaining. Much better offering than All Out. Definitely on par with the other quality PPVs they've put out. Even with the end results being predictable, it was still very enjoyable and there was juuuuuust enough question of "maybe this guy would win after all" in several matches (Page, Kingston, etc)

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Full Gear was very entertaining. Much better offering than All Out. Definitely on par with the other quality PPVs they've put out. Even with the end results being predictable, it was still very enjoyable and there was juuuuuust enough question of "maybe this guy would win after all" in several matches (Page, Kingston, etc)

To me the only surprise was Allin winning. Mox continues to be the John Cena of AEW where he just plows through everyone and is never in any danger of really losing his title.

Also the Bucks winning wasn’t really a surprise but it does make FTR look weak to win the belts and then lose them at the very next pay-per-view even if that pay-per-view was two months apart.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me the only surprise was Allin winning. Mox continues to be the John Cena of AEW where he just plows through everyone and is never in any danger of really losing his title.

Also the Bucks winning wasn’t really a surprise but it does make FTR look weak to win the belts and then lose them at the very next pay-per-view even if that pay-per-view was two months apart.
I feel like Mox’ reign will end when he fights Omega. I was surprised at the Tag title match just because I figured that if Matt is that hurt that he’d take time off to heal and get healthy. Agree about Allin as I thought he’d lose to Cody (making it like a Dreamer-Raven feud where he can never quite pull off the win).

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't really mind Mox being in the Cena position for a couple of reasons. One, they don't really have anyone else (besides Omega) that's ready yet. And for the most part, his defenses have been entertaining. Still, it would have been an awesome "anything can happen. where will this go next?" move for AEW if they had Eddie Kingston win. Potentially one of those moments that you look back on for years.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AEW announced their video game today. Yukes is making it and the man responsible for WWF No Mercy ( the best wrestling video game imo) is also working on the game. This is an early version of how it looks. The models are okish but I don't think they're suppose to look pristine if this is gonna be like those early 00s games like No Mercy. Those were more arcade style games than the sim stuff you see from WWE's 2k franchise

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AEW announced their video game today. Yukes is making it and the man responsible for WWF No Mercy ( the best wrestling video game imo) is also working on the game. This is an early version of how it looks. The models are okish but I don't think they're suppose to look pristine if this is gonna be like those early 00s games like No Mercy. Those were more arcade style games than the sim stuff you see from WWE's 2k franchise

I wish GM Mode was in the actual game and not just a mobile game. Was really hoping for the former there.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just finished watching Full Gear. I thought that it was okay but not a show that I would've wanted to pay $50 for. The Page-Omega was a good match that I thought that could've gone a few minutes longer. The Silver-Orange Cassidy match I thought would've been a fine match for Dynamite but not for a PPV. The Cody-Darby was decent. The one thing I wondered was after the match, where were all of the Nightmare Family to save Cody? The Gunn Club were back at ringside and could've helped and then QT and Dustin did an interview immediately afterwards and didn't even reference what just happened. I skipped the women's title match as it didn't sound interesting to me and from what I've read, I was correct to assume it wasn't anything great. The Young Bucks and FTR match was fine but I've seen better from both teams when they both faced Kenny and Hangman. It started off clunky but finally started clicking a little bit. I liked how it ended when Wheeler went away from their normal style to try to put Matt away and it backfired on them. The Elite Deletion "match" was fine for what it was and pretty much exactly the type of cinematic match I was expecting it to be. Don't really know how this feud elevated Sammy in any way though but glad that they can finally both move on to different things. The MJF-Jericho match was okay but I just felt that it was bland. The Moxley-Kingston match was good if you like the hardcore style matches that ECW had back in the day.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd like to see more of it eventually. I hope that they take their time and do it right and don't put out a rushed version of this like WWE did with their game last year that everyone completely shit on.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to see more of it eventually. I hope that they take their time and do it right and don't put out a rushed version of this like WWE did with their game last year that everyone completely shit on.

I also hope they have a great caw system. Those old No Mercy type games let you edit basically create whoever you wanted even if they weren't in WWE. Certain superstar specific moves where in the game and it was basically a wink that you could make them. So I'd love to be able make up some New Japan guys and a few WWE guys to add to the roster

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also hope they have a great caw system. Those old No Mercy type games let you edit basically create whoever you wanted even if they weren't in WWE. Certain superstar specific moves where in the game and it was basically a wink that you could make them. So I'd love to be able make up some New Japan guys and a few WWE guys to add to the roster
I hope its a lot like the old Smackdown games back from the early to mid 2000’s that were on PS2. Other than No Mercy from over 20 years ago, I liked those the best.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pac and Eddie gonna fight for who gets custody of Penta and Fenix